GoodSync Connect Overview
What is GoodSync Connect?
GoodSync Connect allows users to connect two computers directly, in a peer-to-peer style, without using intermediate servers that store files. This results in several benefits, including:
Increased Upload and Download Speed
Many cloud based services regulate the speed in which you can upload and download your data, making transferring large files or numerous files very time consuming. With GoodSync Connect you'll sync files at the speed of your connection, not throttled by any intermediate server.
Unlimited Sync and Storage and no Additional Expense
With GoodSync Connect you are storing your data on your own computers, not on 3rd party servers as in traditional cloud-based services. Therefore your only storage limitation is that of your computer.
And since your data is not stored on somebody else's server, you do not have to pay anybody for extra storage.
More Secure than via 3rd party Server
Your data is stored on your directly connected computers. There's no need to worry about storing your personal information in the cloud where others may see it.
Faster Synchronization of Large Files
When a user changes a file, most backup and synchronization programs can identify that the file has changed and upload/download the entire file. With GoodSync 9, we identify the specific parts of the file that have changed and synchronize only those changes. This significantly increases the speed of backups and synchronization of small changes in large files such as Outlook and QuickBooks files.
More on Block-Level Sync here.
Resumable Upload and Download
If you stop download or upload or it is stopped due to connection loss, it can be resumed from the point where you stopped it, even if you stopped it inside the file.
Encryption in Transfer
Users have an option to choose Secure Mode to ensure the communication channel between your computers is encrypted using SSL.
Platform independent and interoperable
Works on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Syncs files between Windows and Windows, Mac and Windows, Mac and Mac, etc.
Other Features and Benefits
* Global Discovery: GoodSync servers are listable per user via Mediator server.
* Local Discovery of GoodSync servers without any mediation server.
* Recovery: Fast automatic recovery from lost connections.
* Forwarder: GoodSync client can get to inaccessible GS Server via Forwarder.
* Idempotency: If the same transaction is retried many times, only one action will be taken.
* Compute MD5 checksum of files server-side, send it to client.
* Copy Security (ACL) and other attributes of files.
* Proxies handled: GoodSync client can connect via proxy servers.
* Increased password security: Use digest authentication.
How Does GoodSync Connect Work?
Simply setup a GoodSync Connect account, install GoodSync 9 on each computer you want to sync, and these computers will be able to talk to each other and perform peer-to-peer synchronization.