GoodSync Ver 9 New Features
GoodSync version 9 has many important new features.
Peer-To-Peer sync using our own GSTP protocol
* Sync two computers directly, via local network or Internet.
* No intermediate FTP/DAV/S3/SMB server is required, sync is direct, P2P way.
* Transfer only portion of file that has changed, not the entire file.
* No Access Denied errors, as GS uses its elevated service.
* Works seamlessly between Windows Mac, and Linux.
* Discovery and Browse works much faster than SMB (Windows Shares) and AFP (Apple File Protocol).
* Communication can be encrypted using SSL.
* Can read locked files remotely using VSS service on the remote computer.
* Sync ACL security attributes with remote servers, if on the same domain.
* GS Server runs as a service, so it runs even when all Windows users are logged off.
* Compute MD5 checksum of a file on server - fast backup verification.
* GS server can export any file system available on the server (Win Shares, WinMo Phone).
Details are available in the GoodSync Connect (Client-Server) Manual
GoodSync ver 9: Other Exciting New Features
* Renames and Moves: Detected and executed as such, not as Copy + Delete.
* New file systems to sync with:
Google Docs, Amazon Cloud Drive, Windows Azure, SkyDrive by Microsoft.
* Multiple Folder selection in a Browse dialog.
* Ability to select individual files, not just folders, in a Browse dialog.
* Our own WebDAV server, so that any GS file system may be mounted as a Windows share.
* FAT file mod time adjustment, to avoid it shifting by 1 hour when DST changes.
GoodSync Explorer: Explore GoodSync server and other GoodSync file systems
* GoodSync Explorer is a companion application to GoodSync.
* It navigates and explores any file system that GoodSync can handle:
Windows, Mac, SMB, FTP, AFP, SFTP, S3, Windows Mobile.
* Explorer has all standard features of Windows Explorer or fully featured FTP client.
* Display file properties and attributes.
* Download/upload one file, several files or folder with all its contents.
* Create new folder, rename and delete files and folders.
* Show list of GSTP servers for one authenticated user.
* GoodSync ver 9 or later is required for Windows, GoodSync ver 2 or later is required for Mac.
* Customers who bought GS ver 8 after Jan 1, 2011 will get upgrade to GS ver 9 for free.
* Customers who bought GoodSync before Jan 1, 2011 will get discounted upgrade pricing.