How To Sync/Back up ACT! Files
GoodSync can perform backups (1-way syncs) and limited 2-way syncs of ACT! data. Read More.
The following information will guide you on how to properly setup a backup of your ACT! data:
Stop the MSSQL ACT! service temporarily to be able to sync files: In Windows, select Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services.
Locate the service named "MSSQL$ACT7" (or something similar). Right click the service name and "STOP" the service.
- Now open GoodSync and click Browse on the left side and select ACT! data folder.
- Click Browse on the right side, selecting where you would like to back up or sync your data to.
- Make sure that job direction is what you want: Go to Job > Options > 1 - Way Left to Right> to backup or Job > Options > 2 - Way to sync.
- Start the sync/backup process by clicking the Analyze button.
- Examine the file copy actions that Analyze proposes and make sure they are what you want.
- Click the Sync button to complete your sync/backup.
- You can now go back to the service, right click the ACT! service name and choose START to restart the service.