How To Sync/Back up via FTP and SecureFTP
The following information will guide you on how to properly setup a sync or backup with a FTP or SecureFTP server:
Note: You will need the following information for your FTP or SecureFTP location you want to sync with or back up to:
- Server Name
- Login User name and Password
- Private Key (optional) for SecureFTP
- Start GoodSync and click Browse on the left side.
Once the Browse dialog appears, you can click either FTP or SecureFTP from the left hand side, depending on which type you want to use. If you are uncertain of which to choose, we suggest selecting the FTP option.
- Enter the server name into the Address field in the format: ftp://domain.com (or for SecureFTP, enter: sftp://domain.com)
Enter your User name and Password for the server in the specified fields, then click the GO button on the top of the menu screen.
OPTIONAL: For SecureFTP users you can use your Private Key instead of the Password if you have this setup previously, and enter the key file's location in the \"Private Key\" box
Once the folders on FTP server appear, select the folder which you would like to synchronize with or back up to.
- Once you have selected the location, click OK.
Click Browse on the right side, selecting where you would like to back up or sync your data to.
Note: by default you are performing a sync, if you want to back up instead, first select Job > Options > 1- Way Left to Right, and then continue with step 7)
- Start the sync/backup process by clicking the Analyze button.
- Click the Sync button to complete your sync/backup.