Sync Direct P2P
Sync in Cloud
How To Sync/Back up Outlook .PST File(s)
GoodSync can perform backups (1-way syncs) and limited 2-way syncs of Outlook data. Read More.
The following information will guide you on how to properly setup a backup of your Outlook data:
- To perform a sync or backup of Outlook data, Outlook must be closed.
Click Browse on the left side and select the file Outlook.pst which contains Outlook data. This file can be found in the following location:
- XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
- Vista: C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook
- Mac OS X: Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 200X Identities/Identity Name/
- Click Browse on the right side, selecting the folder where you would like to back up to or sync with.
- Make sure that your job direction is what you really want: Go to Job > Options > 1 - Way Left to Right to backup or Job > Options > 2 - Way to sync.
- Start the sync/backup process by clicking the Analyze button.
- Examine the file copy actions that Analyze proposes and make sure they are what you want.
- Click the Sync button to enact the proposed changes.