Version 9.7.9 Feb 14, 2014
* Google Docs: workaround for Error 400 on saving of state file.
* FTP, SFTP: fix and improve reconnect, especially on upload and download.
* DropBox, SkyDrive: improve handling of reconnects on loss of connection.
* DAV server: fix upload/download problems.
* On File Change: When user stops Sync, let stack unwind and lock file to unlock.
* On File Change: If one side cannot monitor (iPhone server), still allow monitoring on the other side.
* Explorer: fix freezing on Copy/Paste and Drag/Drop.
Version 9.7.8 Feb 07, 2014
* Reconnects: add in-transaction reconnect to all remote file system.
* Reconnects: remove synclib-level reconnects, they are in file system now.
* Replace Reconnect and Attempts to Reconnect options with Total Secs for Reconnect.
* SkyDrive: implement reconnects in chunked BITS uploads.
* FTP: implement reconnects, restart the file from the beginning.
* SFTP: implement reconnects, restart the file from the beginning.
* Reading State File: fix processing of local continuation file.
* Saving State File: add elevation when Access Denied happens in direct write.
* GS Server: fix possible crashes on closing when serving many clients.
* UPNP discovery: be less restrictive, to do better port forwarding.
Version 9.7.7 Jan 28, 2014
* Google Docs: Increase number of retries and timeouts, as GDocs is really slow and faulty.
* SkyDrive: note that you cannot upload files larger than 2Gb to SkyDrive.
* User Stop: stop remote file system operations faster, by closing the socket.
* UPNP: if device reports no WANIPConnection service, still try UPNP forwarding setup.
* UPNP devices may be slow to reply, so on UserStop break the connection to unwind faster.
* S3 and SkyDrive: fix rare crashes in download of large files.
* Analyze with Compare File Bodies and MD5s: fix several medium issues.
* Remote FS to Remote FS: fix some sequences that cousld cause problems.
Version 9.7.6 -- Jan 23, 2014
* SkyDrive: Implement Multi-Part download, to avoid dropped connections.
* S3: Fix multi-part download, it was not working for large files.
* Dropbox: MoveFile and MoveFolder: make them work when only name case changes.
* FTP: improve error processing when we encounter errors in file listing.
* GSTP: fix recursive cycling on disconnect where reconnect did not work.
* Analyze: if we encounter chars \ ? : < > in file name, turn them into _
* Process situations when file size changed during upload or download.
* Copy Locked Files: more fixes to it, especially in client-server.
* Options: Add option Retry Sync If File Changes to Advanced, On by default.
* Options: Remove option Check File Change between Analyze and Sync.
* State File Read: fix error in local continuation file processing.
* Do not allow Delete/Rename of a Job that does File Monitoring.
* Allow case-only Rename of a Job.
* Fix Analyze with MD5 Checksum, make it work on locked files.
Version 9.7.5 -- Jan 16, 2014
* Multi Thread Sync + Free Space Update: fix crash resulting from parallelism.
* Free Space Computation: Fix update quant not computed correctly, too small at 256 Kb.
* Copy Locked Files: Make it work for Block Upload/Download from GSTP server too.
* DAV: fix uploads to server that do a lot of redirects.
* Remote File System retry: improve it, use exponential backoff with randomization.
* Google Docs: Do browser-based auth only if refresh token has been revoked or damaged.
* Google Docs: Fix native document import and export.
* Google Docs: Upload file larger than 20 Mb without preview, as server times out building the preview.
* Analyze Filters by size and file mod time: use natural values for non-files:
zero size for folders, links and deleted items;
null time (01/01/1970) for links and deleted items.
* UI: Fix focus is being stolen by Analyze All (F6).
Version 9.7.4 -- Jan 11, 2014
* Increase speed and responsiveness due to better locking.
* Windows XP: fix freezes and lockups.
* Fix crashes in Sync that appeared in ver 9.7.2.
* Google Drive: Fix Error code 401 in long uploads, more than 1 hour.
* Linux: fix license activation related issues.
* Google Drive: improve retries on upload of large files.
* FTP: fix MDTM option not working when doing LIST.
* SkyDrive: reduce chunk on upload of lrage files to 8 Mb.
* S3, Dropbox: improve upload of short files.
* UI tree updates: fix rare crashes, make it more smooth.
* At the end of sync show only average speed, no current speed in ().
Version 9.7.1 -- Jan 03, 2014
* Google Drive: Fix Analyze when files have no modification date on them.
* Google Drive: do the traditional chunked upload for large files.
* SFTP: speed up upload and download by using better conveyor.
* FTP: Add user option to Use 'LIST -la' command, do not use it by default.
* FTP: properly parse 550 Nout Found returned by some IIS FTP servers.
* UI Sync Tree: fix some crashes that happen when many updates arrive.
* State Files: Ignore (both read and delete) old format (ver 3) state files.
* State Files: if we cannot list or read state file, return hard error.
* GDocs, Dropbox: Add MIME-type for SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) image files.
* Dropbox FS: improve stability and error handling.
* Explorer: Fix cannot delete file in RoboForm Everywhere Server.
* GS Server Web UI: Add "GoodSync Connect Status" tab, to monitor user activity.
* Scripts: Convert %LOGPATH% to '\', it was with '/' after recent changes.
* Windows File System: address more '\' vs '/' issues.
* Windows FS: apply Copy Locked when file is partially locked (Outlook does that).
* Windows FS: handle more Access Denied errors, by elevation.
* Upload/Download: improve architecture of file systems and speed of transfer.
Version 9.6.2 -- Nov 29, 2013
* Fix Unattended GoodSync may accept work as a main GoodSync instance, which it should not do.
* Fix getting Error 123 when one side of a job has a folder creatyed by subst command.
* Add new Countable Changes View, it does not count file renames caused by parent folder renames.
* Use Changes from Countable Changes View in Auto job Items Changed threshold computation.
* Fix Copy Locked Files from Local WinFS to RemoteFS not working.
* Changed WebUI server port from 4444 to 11000, to avoid conflict with Wiki Service on Mac.
* Fix resolution of Conflict on Copy ACL of two folders.
* Copy ACL and Extended Attributes: some final polishing.
* Task Scheduler: fix '\' to '/' conversion that could affect task operations.
* Server: change SSL-Force option to Plain-Allow.
* Add new options and command line option to GoodSync Manual.
Version 9.6.1 -- Nov 15, 2013
* Analyze, Compare MD5: make it detect direction of changes, by saving MD5s to state file.
* Analyze, Compare Bodies: Fix it was trying to read directories as if it were files.
* Copy ACL when file did not change: several fixes.
* Recycle DB for _saved_ folder: Fix DB not always correctly loaded and saved.
* Dropbox, Google Drive: if interactive auth happens on Analyze or Sync, store its results.
* SMTP: Add StartTls option. If on, issue STARTTLS on plain-text connection, then switch to SSL.
* FTP: allow login without credentials, upon connect to server.
* Do not issue 'All Items Are Excluded' if we have one 'live' _gsdata_ folder that has been excluded.
* GS Explorer / Browse dlg: Show Links to Files together with files, not folders.
* Fix some issues related to '\' to '/' path transition in GsIO.
Version 9.6.0 -- Nov 04, 2013
* Compare ACL option: store ACLs in the state file, so that direction of sync can be determined.
* Compare MD5 option: store MD5s in the state file, to determine direction of sync.
* Google Drive and Dropbox via proxy: all auxiliary connections now do proxy too.
* Google Drive and Dropbox browser auth: better compatibility with IE 11.
* Google Drive, S3, Dropbox uploads: Added MIME-type for .mts and other video extensions.
* Windows IO: all internal paths now have '/' for separator, display paths still show '\'.
* getaddrinfo: Request only IP V4 ip addresses, to get rid of IP name resolve errors.
Version 9.5.9 -- Oct 25, 2013
* Added DropBox file system, so now one can sync with DropBox storage.
* Copy ACL: add option: Detect ACL/Owner changes even if file is the same.
* GSTP file system: allow user to specify private certificate.
* HTTP clients: fix proxy not working.
* Explorer + Google Drive: fix asking for browser auth and not memorizing it.
* UNIX: IP name resolution: add tail '.' to not allow UNIX to add suffixes.
* Server + UPNP: Fix crash on corrupted HTTP header lines.
Version 9.5.8 -- Oct 15, 2013
* Google Drive + OAuth2: show message box with instructions on how to authenticate.
* Google Drive: improve processing of errors on upload of large files.
* Non-Amazon S3 services (OneHub, HostEurope) do not support multi-part upload, so do not try it.
* Auto Jobs: Fix starting jobs on Sync All, after Analyze All.
* Auto Jobs: Fix Make Current was not working in Analyze Sync All.
* Dependence between Jobs: fix Read-Only Source Side jobs not properly accounted for.
* On File Change: Consolidate resetting of the sync tree, to fix crashes.
* On File Change: fix ignoring change when several changes of one item come in.
* Unix File Monitoring: do not report unknown changes, all changes now have path.
* Licenses: make all license data be processed correctl on UNIX.
* Mediator: when selected forwarder refuses to forward, properly move to default forwarder.
Version 9.5.7 -- Sep 27, 2013
* GS Server: fix not writing the logs.
* Auto Jobs: Parallel Jobs: Allow Auto jobs ot run in parallel.
* Auto Jobs: check jobs to be eligible to start every 3 seconds (was 10 sec).
* Program Options: add max number of Auto jobs tha can be run in parallel.
* Program Options: add option to change how often Auto Jobs are checked for start.
* Google Docs + Browse: Leave UserID editable, then use Browser to perform the Google Login.
* SSL Servers: improve handling of SSL contexts, allow multiple SSL contexts.
* SSL: removed bunch of revoked/bad certificates from our trusted root store.
* Servers: do not allow binary chars (code < 32) in user id.
* Servers: improve timeout handling.
* Explorer: fix GSE on exit does not wait for drag-and-drop task to finish.
* Browse/Rename/New Folder dialog: remove leading/trailing spaces from user entry.
Version 9.5.6 -- Sep 12, 2013
* SkyDrive: fix authentication, to fix 'Browser Auth failed: no cookies received'.
* Google Drive: if large image upload fails, retry upload with no preview.
* Google Drive: allow Stop when waiting for browser auth to happen.
* Sleep and Wakeup: improve sequence, to fix sometimes GS not coming out of sleep.
* User Change: fix move/rename processing after sync direction change by user.
* Recycled/History/Log Cleanup rules reviewed, to fix some missing cleanups.
* Add command 'Job -> Cleanup Recycled and History files' to force cleanup.
* Fix If both SavePrevVersion and SavePastVersions are off, Prev Version is still saved.
* On File Change: when First Full Analyze is requested, drop existing sync tree.
* Analyze time item stats: show correct size on left and right, reduce memory.
* On File Change + Sym Links + Drill Down: fix not drilling down into symlink.
* Delete Folder from context menu: if this is a link, delete it as a link.
* Fast PreAnalyze option On: fix Root folder does not get filled.
* Local/Zip file ops such as state file get: increase max path length to 2K.
* Time functions: use thread-safe variants of time functions.
* Unix file sys Connect: do not read /etc/mtab to speed up file system open.
* DAV server Move/Copy: do not compare destination-host to our host.
* HTTPS: use context that allows SSL-v2 connections, but deny them at negotiation.
* DAV server: add /dav-stats URL that shows server stats.
Version 18.104.22.168 -- Aug 25, 2013
* Google Drive/Docs: fix Error 500 in file operations.
* Google Drive: Do not attempt interactive auth on certificate problems.
* SSL: use newer list of Trusted CAs.
* SSL: Replace file cacert.pem file with built-in list of Trusted CAs.
* Do not allow switch to full GUI from minimode when /forceminiwin or /forcetray is specified.
* FTP, SFTP: Better passing of error codes, so that error recovery works correctly.
* AutoUpdate: improve checking for version number, use both sockets and WinInet.
* Web UI: Remove Client/Server mode buttons, to avoid killing the server.
* Add html-server, a simple high-performace web server with html-pp ext to HTML.
Version 9.5.4 -- July 11, 2013
* SkyDrive: fix No Certificate or it does not verify (error 20).
* Google Drive: Refresh authentication token before starting long file upload.
* Google Drive: provide additional details in all error messages.
* DAV mount: fix DAV mount not working, because of checking folder existence.
* GSTP Server: remove option not to run Local Manage Server, it must be run.
* Sib-Http: improve cookie parser and cookie transfer.
* UNIX: Fix No activation on some UNIX versions (Debian).
Version 9.5.3 -- July 02, 2013
* SkyDrive: fix 'Browser Auth failed: no cookies received' on block upload.
* GDocs: improve error to diagnostics to better pinpoint error files.
* GSTP: fix short retry turning into long retry on connection problems.
* DAV server: fix escaping file names.
* Remove Amazon Cloud Drive: http://www.goodsync.com/how-it-works/amazon-cloud-drive
Version 9.5.2 -- June 25, 2013
* On File Change: fix errors when folder is replaced with a link to folder.
* State File: write state file to be compatiable with GS versions before 9.5.0.
* Review Filters by Size and Time, to make compare results more consistent.
* User Change of Sync Direction: fix redoing rename/move optimization.
* User Change of Sync Direction: tighten up conditions for allowed operations.
* List of Changes by /list-changes=yes: add links, improve presentation.
* Windows FS: Allow elevation for SMB paths, as some operations need it.
* Compare File Bodies, MD5s: do NOT do it for Links, only do it for files.
* GS Server Windows Service: rewrite service start and stop to fix rare crashes.
* Browse Dialog: show multi-select checkboxes only for source side of 1-way job.
* Server: implement file system with per-user quota.
Version 9.5.1 -- June 18, 2013
* Windows Links: fix creating link for Mount Points.
* Explorer: add columns for Attributes, File Owner.
* Improve Support ticket file processing.
* Fix Link on source side not overwriting empty folder on destination.
* Copy File Owner over GSTP.
* Folder rename: do not allow folder to be renamed to file.
Version 9.5.0 -- June 14, 2013
* Attributes: Copy security bits attributes (windows: readonly, hidden, system, unix: rwxrwxrwx) from Windows to Windows, Mac to Mac, UNIX to UNIX and (limited conversion) even from Windows to Mac.
* ACL on Mac: now copy them on MacOS too, used to be only on Windows.
* ACL on Windows: fix Copy ACL not working when copying user different from user who runs GS.
* File Owner Mac: add option to copy file owner on Mac.
* FIle Owner Win: It was already copied as part of Copy ACL, now add option to copy only File Owner.
* Extended Attributes: copy them now on MacOS via GSTP, between computers.
* Links: turn link into an object spearate from file and folder, not dependent on its target.
* Links: copy link mod time on Windows, where this is possible, not possible on UNIX.
* Links: Fix copy of Junction produces unsuable junction.
* Sync of ReadOnly folders (No GsData option): fix we save state file in every folder of such job.
* Change mirror folder from _gsdata_mirrors_ to _mirrors_, delete old _gsdata_mirrors_ folders.
* Sync: fix not looking inside after Name Case Change operation.
* Sync: fix UserStop when reading state file was ignored.
* Server: add decreasing stack size and increasing file descriptors, to allow for more connections.
* AutoUpdate check and Log/Temp File Cleanup: perform them once a day, not just when GS starts.
* Browser dialog: fix Secure Mode (SSL) uchecks.
* Log Viewer: add CTRL+F keyboard shortcut for Search.
Version 22.214.171.124 -- May 20, 2013
* Azure: fix connections over proxy.
* S3 certificates: relax validation rules for sub-domains.
* Google Drive: fix authentication token refresh on expiration (1 hour).
* SkyDrive: always send cookies, remove option not to send them.
* Sym Links to SFTP: more fixes to link syncing.
* Copy ACL was not working when copying between Local and GSTP.
* Linux: change daemon option to /service=userid:groupid.
* Server: fix crash on incorrect server in Home FS (used by secondary users).
* Windows FS: fix file://=ComputerName/C:/folder was not resolving.
Version 126.96.36.199 -- May 07, 2013
* Make special file links to always drill down: WHS drive extender, Dedup links, or SIS links.
* Browse dialog: show folder links too, so user can drill into them.
* DAV: ignore server not returning info for sync folder, some servers (Strato) do it.
* SSL: Check certificates of all official servers (ACD, Azure, GDocs, S3, SkyDrive, RF Everywhere).
Do not sync with server that shows bad certificate, for security reasons.
* Socket file systems: better connection error reporting.
Version 9.4.8 -- Apr 02, 2013
* Fix Forwarder not sending single file (state file) or listing >= 256 Kb, if sent via Forwarder.
* GSTP Server: Do not allow Non-Admin (Limited) user to have empty Home Folder, for security.
* SkyDrive etc: fix URL is not shown correctly due to double encoding.
* Web UI: convert display URL to official URL in Home Folder.
Version 9.4.7 -- Mar 26, 2013
* SkyDrive: Fix large file uploads to root directory.
* SkyDrive: Fix large file uploads to old sub-domains such as sds://name.live.com.
* SkyDrive: Fix double encoding problem on HEAD done after LIST.
* Google Drive: Improve Analyze and Sync speed using GZIP and JSON optimizations.
* SFTP: reconnect on disconnect caused by idle connection.
* DAV: if we get HTML error message, return the text of it.
* FTP: Skip empty lines in MLSD listings, as Yahoo FTP server returns them.
* DAV Server: Make our DAV server to work with Windows 7 DAV client.
* DAV Server: Fix double encoding in MOVE destination processing.
* Forwarder Server: fix memory leak when forwarder reads file bodies.
* Server on Linux: add /service option to start as daemon.
* Server on Linux: add /set-discovery option to switch discovery mode.
* Server on Linux: rework help for command line options, add user management.
* GoodSync Connect Setup: add option not to use use our discovery services (Mediator, Forwarder) when computer has static IP name/address and can be addressed by this static name.
Version 9.4.6 -- Mar 13, 2013
* SFTP: fix rare crashes on User Stop, fix reconnect issues.
* SkyDrive: implement block upload of large files (20 Mb or more).
* Google Drive, S3: detect MIME type of file for upper case extensions too.
* OnTimer + OnFolderConnect / OnFileChange: fix OnTimer not firing in this combo.
* DAV server: fix not escaping ampersands.
* Unix FS + On File Change: fix relative paths, to make OFC always work.
* Unix FS + On File Change: implement file monitoring for Android.
* Enable New Folder in root folder of Home file system.
* Options: disable Propagate Deletions in 2-way jobs.
* Fix Analyze Compare Bodies returns False on short files.
* UI: fix some crashes and focus problems.
Version 9.4.5 -- Feb 26, 2013
* Uber-Unlocked Mode: if this option is On, files can be deleted or renamed when uploaded and GoodSync will immediately notice it. Best used in combination with On File Change, so we automatically turn it on for On File Change.
* On File Change: user stop of job now does not stop file monitoring.
* User direction change: Do not delete parent folders, if user change in children requires it.
* Job List: update Last Run Time at the end of On File Change jobs too.
* Windows Shares: optimize connecting/disconnecting them, to avoid unneeded operations.
* Windows FS: better report Home Drive Extender and Single Instance Storage links.
* Windows FS: check Volume Labels for prohibited characters such as '/' and ignore them.
* Google Docs: improve error processing, especially in resumable upload.
* SkyDrive: refuse to upload/download .one (One Note) files, as SkyDrive prohibits it.
* Amazon CD: add more international Cloud Drive sites.
* Forwarder: make GSTP chunks fit in memory buffer, do not dump them to temp files.
* Forwarder: Fix lingering sessions may never get deleted.
* Server: Clean server temp files (in server temp folder) on startup.
* Server: Fix incorrect error message about bad credentials if incoming user.
* Linux GS Server: fix not properly giving trial license in some cases.
* GUI: fix minor UI corruptions and some slowness.
* GUI: fix no auto-select of text input fields in all dialogs.
Version 9.4.4 -- Feb 06, 2013
* Sync Algorithm: allow changing of files while they are uploaded, do not lock these files.
* Google Drive: do resumable upload: when long upload fails, resume from the last good point.
* GSTP client: fix 'UserId not the same' and authentication errors on reconnect.
* FTP: allow 200 reply to CWD, used to be only 250.
* SSH: recognize OpenSSH private key file format.
* Windows Service for GS Server: fix install and restart problems.
* GUI: Do Not allow Drag And Drop of tabs to change job position.
* GUI: speed up mass change of direction of items after Analyze.
* GUI: speed up change of sync direction on large number of files.
* GUI: fix log window not always switching correctly when main window switches.
Version 9.4.3 -- Jan 26, 2013
* On File Change + GSTP: Allow it work when connection is via Forwarder.
* User Interface: speed it up and optimize, especially for many jobs.
* GUI: fix corruption of window sizes on the initial setup.
* Home File System: now each Server in it can have its own Target.
* Linux GS Server: add file monitoring for On File Change to work in Server.
* Linux: retrieve Computer ID, so that activation can work.
* GS Server: fix a rare crash on server closing.
* Installer: allow adding GoodSync to QuickLaunch bar in Windows 7.
* On Schedule Unattended Sync: fix some rare freezes.
* HTTP + NTLM: fix authentication when domain of servers differs from that of user.
* Job Options: NoGsData option: perform _gsdata_ folder cleanup in worker thread.
* Policies: fix some crashes when options-related policies are enabled.
Version 9.4.2 -- Jan 10, 2013
* Add command 'Analyze: Compare MD5s' to compare files based on checksums for sync verification.
* Add command 'Analyze: Compare Bodies' to compare file bodies for backup verification.
* List Changes: send output of this command to log file, not to string.
* Parallel Sync: fix rare crashes caused by race conditions.
* Special Operations such as Delete State Files: run in worker thread not to slow down GUI.
* Windows FileSys: Speedup resolution of ~UserName into user path.
Version 9.4.1 and 188.8.131.52 -- Jan 04, 2013
* On Timer: do not fire it if job is also disconnected On File Change / On Folder Connect.
* Speed up manual change of sync direction, when clicking directional buttons.
* Parallel Sync: improve lock structure to fix some crashes.
* Logging: add special Debug level, to be used only on servers.
* UPNP discovery: consider all UPNP devices, in case some of them are not good.
* Linux: add activation for Linux Command Line license.
* Google Drive: better handling for 403 'Exceeded their Drive storage quota'.
* License: do not treat Windows XP 64-bit as a server, it is a regular client.
Version 9.4.0 -- Dec 24, 2012
* Google Drive: re-introduce support for import/export of native documents.
* On File Change: fix issues in Incremental Analyze.
* Dependent Jobs: do not prevent one job from executing if dependent job has just errors but not conditions that really require user attention (such as Approve Too Many Changes).
* SFTP: fix negotiation with some servers that require flushing.
* GSTP Server: fix issues in Receiver that could have caused lost connections.
* GSTP Server: always pickup sessions from Forwarder, in case direct connection fails.
* GSTP Mediator: do not delay replying to Server for talkback.
* GSync and GoodSync /unatt: respect log level specified in global program settings.
* Sync Algorithm: diagnose when file system promises to preserve file time and breaks this promise and use time translation in this case.
* Enterprise version: fix activations for the next year.
* Options: fix and improve Simplified and Traditional Chinese translation.
Version 9.3.9 -- Dec 14, 2012
* Google Drive: multiple fixes in the FS new implementation introduced in ver 9.3.8.
* Google Drive: officially register GoodSync application with Google APIs.
* On File Change: fix crashes that may happen when picking changes before Analyze.
* SFTP: use our own sockets and proxy layer instead that of PuTTY, remove PuTTY profile.
* Localization: convert all *.RFS files from ANSI to UTF-8, to be edited only in UTF-8.
* GSTP: if mediator is available, do not collect list of servers on local network.
Version 9.3.8 -- Nov 30, 2012
* Google Drive: new implementation, based on V2 API. You will have to tell Google to allow GoodSync to use your Google Drive, via browser, first time you use it on a computer.
* SkyDrive: fix detecting wrong size of picture files (.png .gif .jpg).
* SkyDrive: fix case-rename of files was not working.
* SFTP: fix crash on network errors.
* Logging: Reduce amount of technical GS info written to default Actions (was Info) log.
* Logging: respect Log Level when writing to Job Logs, it used to be ignored.
* Unattended Mode and GSync Logging: add date-time-stamp it each log file line, it was not there.
* GSync: if new option /no-log-stamp is specified, then do not add timestamps to log lines.
* Parallel Sync: fix rare crash on many threads, when starting sync.
* Delete State and other files/folders (user command): do not drill down links when doing it.
* Sync Algorithm: do not add new generation when propagating to no-state side.
* Sync Algorithm: Fix Name Case Change was not working for file systems such as S3/Azure.
* Sync Algorithm: Left-Right Time Shift: remove some unneeded tests.
* Sync Algorithm: Verified 1-way Copy: restore creating conflict if dest of 1-way job changes.
* UI: fix include from context menu was not working for nested folders after first analyze.
* UI: fix selection when keyUp/keyDown pressed.
Version 9.3.7 and 184.108.40.206 -- Nov 16, 2012
* On Folder Connect: fix it not working in 1-way jobs and in non-local file systems.
* On File Change: fix conversion of 8.3 file paths to regular paths.
* On File Change: use map when accumulating changes, to avoid dups and save memory.
* GSTP: try local discovery for .goodsync servers only if we cannot contact Mediator.
* GSTP: do not try to connect via Forwarder, if this is to non-.goodsync server.
* Job Options: rearrange and simplify them, to improve usability. See manual for details.
* Job Options: Move Mode (Delete Source after Copy) is now checkbox, not selection.
* Job Options: add option to delete empty source folders in Move Mode
* Job Options: Read-Only Source side moved to Advanced options, next to No GsData.
* Job Options: discontinue Do Not Propagate Deletions for 2-way jobs, it makes no sense.
* Job Options: Move Parallel Threads and Compare File Checksums to General options.
* Sync Algorithm: rewrite maintenance of Recycle Bin, to speed it up.
* Sync Algorithm: reduce memory consumption due to Recycle Bin and MD5 compare changes.
* Sync Algorithm: Copy Folder Mod Time: Do it only in 1-way jobs and never in 2-way jobs.
* Move Mode: fix RtoL not working, trying to delete non-empty folders.
* Better crash catcher that can always catch crashes in GUI thread.
* Explorer: do not allow rename/move of buckets in S3 and other immovable folders.
* Program Options: fix SMTP Test not using new settings.
Version 9.3.6 -- Nov 05, 2012
* On File Change: fix it not always working in GSTP client-server setup.
* On File Change: if one of the jobs requests user input, then all its dependent auto jobs wait too.
* On File Change: make it work in Home File System, used by GS server home folder users.
* GSTP: if two computers cannot talk directly, always allow them to talk via Forwarder.
* FTP: fix errors on some reconnect sequences.
* HTTP: reconnect after transferring 256 Mb or more, on next request.
* HTTP: fix not closing upload connection on user stop.
* Stop Sleep Shutdown: add always showing the stop reason on these system events.
* Save State: do long reconnect if file system becomes disconnected before it.
* Sync algorithm: fix 2-sec time difference detection not always working.
* Parallel Sync: fix unwinding stack in cases of errors and user stop.
* Browse dialog and Explorer: log user actions, for easier troubleshooting.
* Options: make tooltips for options dialog stay longer.
* Log Window: show timestamp for all lines in Log Window.
* Log Window: fix red lines not always correctly assigned to errors.
* Filters: fix Any time!= filter was not working.
Version 9.3.5 -- Oct 23, 2012
* Fix right-click (context menu) picking the wrong item.
* Browse: Fix display of file filters.
* Parallel Sync: fix user stop was not executing some closing operations.
* IP name resolution: use thread-safe function, to prevents errors when server starts.
* GSTP Local Discovery: if several clients try to do it at once, do it only once.
* Server: fix log folder does not change right away when changed from Web UI.
* Server: speedup recovery on server IP address change.
* Server: do not require license for local IP address, do not require SSL either.
* Server: fix reporting of server shutdown.
* UI: fix select of multiple files/folder in sync tree using CTRL key.
* Sync Reconnect: make it work for GSTP when it cannot reconnect internally.
* Amazon CD: make it work with non-US Amazon servers.
* WebDAV: make it for for servers that do not return Content-Length in GET.
* Azure: fix 409 conflicts and other issues.
* Parallel Sync: fix detecting User Stop and terminal errors.
* Sync: fix moving file/folder to a name that differs only by case from item that was there before.
* Time: fix time conversion on UNIX-like systems.
Version 9.3.4 and 220.127.116.11 -- Oct 07, 2012
* Server: allow several Admins per computer, one per Admin Windows user.
* Server: Global Discovery: rewrite to speed up locating server on transitions.
* Server: UPNP: fix handling ActionTEC (Verizon FIOS) routers, they misreport mappings.
* Server: Re-introduce Unique Server ID, to detect that server has been replaced.
* Fix GoodSync was not properly stopping jobs when computer goes to Sleep.
* Fix On Logoff jobs do not always start properly and may case a freeze.
* On File Change: delete visual tree on the 'rebound' Analyze after Sync.
* Browse dialog: redo implementation of drill down to file system, to speed it up.
* WebDAV: by default use temp files on upload, assuming that MOVE verb does work.
* S3 and Azure: fix MoveFolder implementation, was not working well in Explorer.
* Azure: fix non-existent folder is listed as present in Browse dialog.
* Show separate log message for two-sided filters, to show how many items they excluded.
* Explorer: make multi-select drag-and-drop work correctly.
* Explorer: when assembling Pasted items, do resolve ~UserName/folder paths.
* Browse dialog: fix focus problems that cause auto-select of bookmark.
Version 9.3.3 and 18.104.22.168 -- Sep 23, 2012
* Add process id to global log file name, in case several goodsyncs run in parallel.
* Sync Algorithm: fix deleting of state local continuation file if no changes detected.
* Sync Algorithm: Execute CopyState operations on the 1st (delete) pass of Sync.
* Cleanup of Recycled files from _saved_: Delete empty folders too.
* Fix cleaning up of recycled items in _saved_ folders.
* Move option of 1-way Forced Copy: delete source folders too.
* Scripts Option: add 'noattach: ' prefix that does not attach log file to email.
* Global Connect -> SMTP option: add Test button to test settings.
* Global Options: remove option to reset warnings.
* When GS crashes with error 8 inform user about Not Enough Memory.
* GSTP and HTTP: fix socket/HTTP recovery on stopping downloads of large files.
* Servers and Sockets: faster stopping of servers, less wait for sockets.
* Add date and time stamps to log lines in _gsdata_ logs.
* Wait For Locks Option: make this option be effective only for jobs in auto mode.
* Auto options: Remove option Rename Not Delete losing file.
* Sync Algorithm: Do not allow Copy Time operation if L and R files differs in case of name.
* Sync Algorithm: fix this combo: file copy to existing file, file name differs in case only.
* FTP: Active Mode: better error processing when data connection not created.
* Writing License: do not try to write to user profile and err if it is not defined.
* Browse dialog: if filters have only excludes and no includes, still show multi-select mode.
* Browse dialog: fix crashes possible if multi-select is clicked fast or server response is slow.
* gsync: allow using it on regular Pro license.
* Unattended mode /unatt: fix starting job in the old instance if GoodSync runs already.
* WinFileSys: increase change overflow limit from 1000 to 4000 changes.
* WebDAV: fix parsing of multiple challenges in one header.
Version 9.3.2 -- Sep 16, 2012
* Waiting for Locks: Add option that specifies number of minutes that we wait for lock.
* On Schedule jobs, Unattended: run them using new unattended mode: goodsync.exe /unatt.
* Installer: remove gsync.exe from standard distribution, have it only in Enterprise ver.
* GS Server: fix properly activate GS server sometimes reporting free version.
* Server + Home File System: fix not closing files in some cases.
* S3: implement multi-part file copy inside S3 server.
* S3: fix non-existent folder is listed as present in Browse dialog.
* Amazon CD: allow hosts other than www.amazon.com, such as www.amazon.de.
* Auto On Logoff: restore setting AutoEndTasks, so that Windows does not kill our job.
* Sync Algorithm: do not perform closing (copy folder mod time) on the sync folder itself.
* Command Line: change separator from ',' to '|' as ',' may appear in file names.
* Command Line: allow several /exclude and /include options to appear, they are summarized.
* /forcetray: fix when started 2nd time when GS is already running, it gets ignored.
* Home File System: make On File Change monitoring work in it.
* Lock File lock.gsl: use local time, not GMT in the file.
* Locks: delete them if Analyze is stopped by user.
* Disk Free Space: if we get error when getting space, show Unknown, not zero.
* Ver 8: fix crash when committing Program Options.
* Explorer: Fix ENTER does not work when making New Folder.
Version 9.3.1 -- Aug 29, 2012
* Verified 1-way Copy: produce warnings (not conflicts) when destination file changes.
* Job Options Dialog: make it modal, to avoid changing running jobs.
* On File Change: fix slowdown in initialization of Partial Analyze.
* On File Change: fix listing folder error causes bailout from Partial Analyze.
* On File Change: fix start/stop sequence for file monitoring.
* FTP: speed up single file listing when MLST is available.
* Server: fix some crashes related to session reconnect.
* GoodSync2Go: disable On Schedule checkboxes in Options.
* Manual: add latest command line option descriptions.
Version 9.3.0 -- Aug 24, 2012
* On File Change: make changes overflow not start old-style monitoring.
* On File Change: skip changes to GoodSync profile folder.
* GS server Secondary Users: fix working with Home File System.
* Windows FS: get disk free space of the sync folder, not of disk of sync folder.
* Multi-Threaded Sync: fix crash in long reconnect.
* Explorer: make Mount perform the mounting of bookmark as a WebDAV drive.
* Explorer: fix WebDAV mount of Japanese file names with 4-byte hieroglyphs.
Version 9.2.9 -- Aug 20, 2012
* On File Change with Delay: fix detection of changes, sometimes Sync did not start.
* On File Change: do not lock when doing incremental analyze in read-only folder.
* Locking for Sync: skip excluded folders when rescanning for new _gsdata_ folder.
* Server Setup for Limited User: allow it to happen, to handle only Copy Locked files.
* Home File System with home:// prefix: add it to GS server to handle home folder of user.
* Conflict resolver (yellow strip): fix issues in setting file operations.
* Auto-Resolve Conflicts: add option Stop Sync, to not do Sync if conflicts were found.
* Fix propagation of vertical conflicts from folders to their children.
* Browse dialog: fix multi-selection problems.
* Explorer: fix upload reporting error when setting file mod time for Android server.
* Explorer: fix keyboard shortcuts.
Version 9.2.8 -- Aug 05, 2012
* SkyDrive: Fix '412 Precondition failed' error on upload to existing file.
* Amazon CD: Added handling for interstitial on main cloud drive page.
* Goggle Docs: Fix Move Folder does not work.
* Multi-Thread Sync: fix no wait for all threads to finish on user stop.
* Sync Algorithm: fix resolving conflicts via Yellow Strip.
* Folder Rename/Move: fix error processing: propagate error to children.
* On File Change: unite New and Old Style of file monitoring:
use old-style monitoring when disk/share does not report specific changes.
* On File Change: do not start Sync, if Analyze returns unresolved Conflicts.
* On File Change: ignore On Start and On Folder Connect options, if On File Change is On.
* On File Change: set locks correctly on Incremental Analyze + Sync.
* Auto Jobs: Do not allow showing of Browse dialog when Job Options dialog is shown.
* Auto Jobs: Do not auto-start job, if Browse dialog is shown for it.
* Explorer: Fix copy-paste from remote file system does not work.
Version 9.2.7 -- Jul 27, 2012
* On File Change: make it work for paths with ~UserName in them.
* On File Change: proper shutdown of file monitoring on Sleep/Standby.
* On File Change + Server: fix Server was crashing on file system Disconnect when monitoring.
* On File Change: fix initialization sequence when doing Partial Analyze.
* On File Change: if one sync folder cannot monitor (remote FS) then monitor only the side that can.
* On File Change: discontinue use of old style of file monitoring.
* Folder Moves: fix sequence of operations, so that folder is never moved to missing parent folder.
* File/Folder Move: fix progress computation and reporting.
* Multi-Threaded Sync: if one of the worker produces terminal error, propagate it to the entire job.
* Fix forwarder that disappears still assigned to a user, resulting in timeouts on connect via it.
* GS server: if we cannot set file owner on Windows Share when impersonating, do not return an error.
* Log Viewer: fix some rare crashes.
* Explorer: when doing file download/upload, copy file mod and creation time too.
Version 9.2.6 -- Jul 21, 2012
* On Folder Connect, RF integration: fix crashes that appeared in ver 9.2.5.
* On File Change: make File Monitoring work in 1-way jobs, monitor only source side.
* On File Change: do not restart monitoring, if user Cancels Options dialog.
Version 9.2.5 -- Jul 20, 2012
* On File Change: rewrite it to run in a separate thread and not slow down GUI thread.
* On File Change: unite it with On Folder Connect, to use common code.
* On File Change Monitoring: do not monitor destination of 1-way job.
* On File Change: make Old Style monitoring to be derived from New Style monitoring.
* On File Change: fix syncing with itself error, if Incremental Analyze starts several times.
* On File Change: fix was not detecting (dis)connect of =Computer\=VolumeName.
* GSTP: fix not able to Stop job if it got stuck on disconnected server via forwarder.
* Folder Move: make it work correctly when Multiple Sync Threads are used.
* File/Folder Move: execute 'from' and 'to' parts of the Move as one operation.
* WebDAV + WinInet: Make private client certificates work in SibHttp + WinInet option.
* Explorer: fix crashes and bugs.
Version 9.2.4 -- Jul 06, 2012
* Add option to run several threads in parallel when Syncing.
* Google Docs / Drive: do multi-part upload.
* Always show space required by Sync on both sides, even if it's zero.
* GSTP: Make sessions IDs more unique, even if several sessions are created in one second.
* Fix Rename/Move detection was broken on non-time-preserving file systems.
* Fix detection of renames/moves on user changing sync direction.
* Add vertical conflicts detection, as it related to file-folder operations.
* FTP: fix reconnect on errors loses progress, so reconnect is not logged.
* Sync: make exclude/include filters run faster.
* Browse dialog: do not allow Multiple Items on a side with empty URL when other side is not empty.
* SkyDrive: fix initial entry of UserID and Password.
* Explorer: fix issues related to switching file system.
* Browse / Explorer: fix drill down to pre-existing URL.
* Installer: fix layout issues in non-English languages.
Version 9.2.3 -- Jun 26, 2012
* GoogleDocs / GoogleDrive: Added import/export native files option. When Off (new default), downloads .url file linking to gdocs editor and forbids any changes to native files.
* Google Docs: Fix for native files having mismatched extensions
leading to error when trying to export to invalid format when downloading.
* Google Docs: Fix for cache not being updated after some moves.
* Browse + SkyDrive: fix user credentials not opening up the account, with NotFound message.
* FTP and SMTP: convert response strings from UTF-8 to UNICODE, for non-English error messages.
* Add User actions and Sync actions to log created by Analyze.
* Fix Save As Template dialog locks folder which it saves template to.
* File Copy: Fix destination file scoping in Block File Download.
* Explorer: fix drag-and-drop freezes on closing.
* Browse Dialog: fix multiple folders handling.
Version 9.2.2 -- Jun 18, 2012
* Fix offline activation, it was not working.
* Sync: fix delete file on Windows XP does not reset read-only attribute.
* Sync: fix copy folder mod time of empty folders.
* Sync: Do not try to make state file writable if it does not exist.
* Gsync: fix Gsync with temp job was returning -1 on success, not 0.
* GS Server: fix reconnect on timeout sequence, so that Server does not lose original root.
* GS client-server: fix file owner is sometimes not set by Server.
* SkyDrive: stop using "^." folder prefix as it no longer works on the server.
* Browse dialog: if user change sync folder, turn off all auto options, to avoid bad auto syncs.
* Browse Dialog: major rewrite of internals, fixed number of bugs.
* GoodSync Explorer: major rewrite of internals, fix a lot of bugs.
Version 9.2.1 and 22.214.171.124 -- Jun 01, 2012
* On File Change: fix not working when sync folder path has '/' or '\' at the end.
* On File Change: fix post-sync action was not called on 1-way On File Change.
* On File Change: perform on-the-rebound incremental analyze for 1-way jobs.
* Sync Algorithm: deep-normalize file names before comparing them,
to account for Mac-Windows UTF-8 encoding differences.
* Do not try to do elevation for GoodSync2Go, it has no GS server installed.
* SSL: get thru situations where SSL server requests a certificate, but does not require it.
* Amazon CD: fix parsing of file mod time represented as floating number.
* Activation: fix Batch Activation not working if some fields are empty.
* SFTP: fix a crash, caused by SIGHUP signal on the server.
* GSTP and DAV Server: use SetFileOwner to set owner of new files,
even if Impersonation is On, as Impersonation does not set file owner.
Version 9.2.0 -- May 24, 2012
* UI: New conflict resolution yellow strip dialog that offers ways to resolve conflict.
* UI: Redo activation dialog in Tables, improve waiting for it in main thread.
* UI: Fix left side Folder Info not shown.
* Sync Algorithm: fix some cases of file mod time update on time-translated file systems.
* Google Docs: fix a crash in initial parsing.
* File-Folder: moving to _saved_ folder: fix overwriting of file by folder.
Version 9.1.9 and 126.96.36.199 -- May 15, 2012
* SkyDrive: fix HTTP cookie parser, to fix 403 Forbidden error.
* Sync Algorithm: fix conflict in a sequence that involves CopyState.
* Sync Algorithm: re-introduce Copy State LtoR and RtoL operations.
* Sync Algorithm: save memory in storing generation lists.
* Add Number of Nodes (Live + Dead) stats, to estimate memory used.
* Fix GSTP to GSTP error: DownloadFile does not handle non-local destinations.
Version 9.1.8 and 188.8.131.52 -- May 10, 2012
* Google Docs: rename it to 'Google Drive (Docs)' as they are one and the same.
* Pause: stop running after sitting in Pause for 20 min.
* Fix bugs in in sync locking phase that is detecting previously unseen _gsdata_ folders.
* Auto: Change execution priority and order of appearance of Auto job mode to: On File Change, On Start, On Timer, On Folder Connect, On Logoff.
* On File Change: ignore changed file if it is in excluded folder.
* On File Change: improve closing sequence of file system monitor.
* S3 and RF Everywhere DAV: re-institute default temp files option for these file systems.
* Forwarder: fix locking semantics of multi-user forwarder.
* GSTP: fix translation of disconnect error on server to the client.
* HTTP: fix FTP/HTTP reconnect was not working.
* HTTP: fix stack unwinding in case of Disconnect followed by User Stop.
* GSTP: reduce number of calls to server on upload and download, to speed up.
* Add showing GS server version in the client log, to aid troubleshooting.
* Scripts: Fix Post-Analyze program/email runs even when we have changes.
* Fix NoGsData option taken from mirror folder, not from job options.
* Fix Empty Folder Rename not detected if folders have different mod time.
* Fix Dependent Folder detect was wrongly declaring folders the same, for mounted drives.
* Dependent folders detect: now detects that mounted drive is the same as its UNC path.
* Fix File-Folder conflict resolution does not work.
* Sync Algorithm: fix Deletes were not executed in correct order.
* Sync Algorithm: fix decision paths in UserStop and Disconnect error processing.
Version 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 -- Apr 27, 2012
* Locking for Sync: fix gross inefficiency in checking for ghost _gsdata_ folder.
* GoodSync server now requires GoodSync Pro license, just like client does.
* Activation + Server: now GS client asks GS server to Refresh upon activation.
* Server: return full server info, so that it is shown in side description.
* Accept Sockets: fix stopping sequence, it could misfire sometimes.
* FTP: fix cannot do FTPS data connection with Pro-FTPD server.
* FTP: do workaround for MLST lines without leading space.
* Keep GetInfo of the state file even for state file stored in mirror folder.
* On File Change: skip monitoring errors, instead of interpreting them as overflow.
* On File Change: filter out files/folder by path filters, before starting Analyze.
* On File Change + Auto Clear option: fix this combo, it could do bad sync.
* On File Change: fix reaction on disconnect of a sync folder.
* Scripts: fix Post-Sync script called with wrong -1 numeric arguments.
* Scripts: call Post-Sync script after Sync in On File Change too.
* Server: fix FS properties misreported if client and server versions differ.
* GsFileCopy: add a branch for direct (no temp) GSTP to FILE upload.
* Fix UTF-8 to UTF-16 conversion, it was not handling 4-byte Japanese chars.
Version 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 -- Apr 19, 2012
* Sync Algorithm: fix bug in file renames detection.
* Fix Download from large file on GSTP server to local FS is not block-level.
* Scripts: Fix GoodSync performing 'errors:' actions, even if no error happened.
* DAV: allow files with listing errors in directory listing, do not just bail out in this case.
* Activation: fix activation does not become effective until user restarts GoodSync.
* Activation: fix Goodsync2Go started by RoboForm2Go could not activate.
* Fix intersecting folder check when one path is absolute and another is portable or contains ~User.
* Fix detection of intersecting folders on Sync, when lock files from the other side are detected.
* Sync Algorithm: fix syncing of items that were children of a former folder that is now a file.
* UnixFileSys: fix and improve error processing.
* DAV: first implementation of client-side certificates.
Version 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 -- Apr 12, 2012
* On File Change: fix Analyze runs continuously when one side cannot monitor files.
* Fix Direct File Copy (no temp files) does not propagate file name case change.
* Fix Copying of file mod time when downloading from non time-preserving file system.
* Fix Remote GSTP to Remote GSTP does not use block level delta algorithm.
* Sync Algorithm: add new generations only after actual item is synced.
* Sync Algorithm: fix smaller issues in file rename.
* Sync Algorithm: generate conflict when file with no state differs from file with state.
* FTP: active mode: disconnect control connection after getting error on data connection.
* Server: Do not SetFileOwner for newly uploaded file, if server impersonates user.
* SkyDrive: Added 'licx', 'java', 'one' to list of extensions not accepted by SD.
* GS Explorer: redraw empty folder after upload adds files to it.
* Add Windows 8 to list of recognized Windows versions.
* Read state: fix reading of old state files.
* When creating _gsdata_ folder, make it hidden on GS server side too.
Version 9.1.4 and 184.108.40.206 -- Mar 28, 2012
* Google Docs: fix 'file disappeared after sync' error, cause by Google change.
* SFTP: fix crashes in Disconnect on download.
* SkyDrive: implement FolderMove, so that folder rename works.
* Azure: Make Azure FS case-sensitive, so that case change operations work.
* Sync: Do not do Copy ACL option, if destination file system is non-local.
* GSTP: fix error code translation, to fix retries on Access Denied.
* Use the same extension ._gstmp for all GS temporary files.
* On File Change: Allow monitoring destination of 1-way job.
* On File Change: Stop all jobs and monitoring when Windows tells us to go to Sleep.
* On File Change: Turn On Real Time Sync by default, as it works well enough now.
* On File Change: Real Time Sync now works in GSTP servers, enables remote real time sync.
* On File Change: Real Time: improve scheduling and error processing.
* On File Change: Real Time: allow Analyze without Sync.
* On File Change: Real Time: multiple algorithm and process improvements.
* Localize GoodSync Connect setup in German and French.
Version 9.1.3 and 220.127.116.11 -- Mar 22, 2012
* Add Delay option to On File Change. If specified, it will wait this many seconds
after the last change has been detected, before starting the job.
* New Real Time On File Change: many important fixes, must upgrade.
* S3: fix order of x-amz- headers, to fix Bad Signature error.
* Add Program option to Warn about Time Out Of Range, off by default.
* SMB: If we cannot connect to share, show it as a warning, do not return an error.
* Detect rename/move of empty folders.
* Fix rename of folder not detecting, if we have subfolders.
* Fix Disk Full does not stop Sync.
* Fix rare crashes resulting from two job instances running simultaneously.
* Do not show On RoboForm auto option in Auto Options.
* Free disk space may be negative on servers, allow that.
Version 9.1.2 and 18.104.22.168 -- Mar 03, 2012
* On File Change:
* Introduce Real Time On File Change Sync that speeds up incremental syncing.
- You can turn it On in Tools -> Program Options -> New File System Monitoring, and restart.
- Real Time Sync trusts changes reported by File System and does not perform Full Analyze.
* Fix old style File Monitoring: prevent cycling by turning off monitoring when dependent jobs run.
* GSTP: fixed problems in downloading locked files from GSTP server.
* Fix opening two handles for upload of local files. Now only one handle is opened.
* Activation: fix license was not re-read after activation.
* Fix Cleanup _saved_ folder after Sync, it was not always cleaning up.
* Reconnect: fix reconnect on lost/restored connection for FTP and Windows FS.
* WebDAV/SSL: allow TLS v1 connections, if server does not accept SSL v3.
* S3: Setting MIME type is now done by post-copy file processing.
* Improve error passing and processing, to better detect Disconnect and Disk Full.
Version 9.1.1 and 22.214.171.124 -- Mar 05, 2012
* On File Change: Fix crashes caused by changes in file monitor.
* DAV: listing returned by server can have several empty entries, skip them.
* Improve error processing, especially for remote file systems.
Version 9.1.0 and 126.96.36.199 -- Feb 28, 2012
* Algorithm: Fix reading the case-diff name from the state file.
* Algorithm: Fix adding new items to the tree for case-different item names.
* UI: Fix No conflict resolution after sync at folder level.
* UI: Do not show 'cannot be a sync folder' warning when drilling down folders in Browse.
* Dependent Jobs: Analyze + Sync now behaves like syncing job for match purposes.
* Improve precision of On File Change monitoring.
* Server Receiver: fix lockup when two threads try to do one session.
* Server: does not lose proxy settings on reinstall.
* Windows FS: Encrypt folders too, if encryption option is specified.
* S3: better error and user stop processing.
* S3 and HTTP: implement progress inside big chunks used on upload.
* S3 over WinInet: fix freeze on 204 and other no Content-Length responses.
Version 9.0.9 and 188.8.131.52 -- Feb 22, 2012
* Fix 'Conflict: File Modified on Both Sides (but same generations)'.
* Review time shift and time translation algorithm, to improve precision.
* Fix FTP to FTP or any Remote FS to Remote FS download/upload for large files.
* Windows FS: add user option to use FAT rules for time adjustment,
for NASes that claim to have NTFS but really have FAT.
* WinCE: this is FAT file system, so use FAT time adjustment on it.
* WinCE: implement MoveFolder, so that folder renames can work.
* Remote to Remote FS: cleanup temp files on errors, as they cannot be reused.
* Move and Renames: fix small issues.
* List of Changes: Show Rename/Move in List of Changes.
* FTP: re-institute 90 sec timeout on accept in active mode.
* GSTP: remove 30-sec delay on Disconnect() of non-responsive file system.
Version 9.0.8 -- Feb 14, 2012
* New code signing certificate, IE 9 users need to specifically allow download.
* Allow multiple folder selection only for 1-way (backup) jobs.
* Browse dialog: do not allow selecting multiple folders that are on different disks.
* GoodSync2Go: do not allow GoodSync Connect setup in GS2Go, it is only for installed GS.
* Improve and speed up long reconnects (done outside of file system).
* SMB: disconnect net share connected via UNC path, not drive letter.
Version 9.0.7 and 8.9.6 -- Feb 07, 2012
* Make file state merge for embedded jobs work correctly.
* Fix bug in reading new state file _file_state_v4._gs.
* Fix On File Change was not working for paths with environment variables.
* Fix setting _insync file after sync when we have no changes for local file system.
* Fix Close Modified Folder operations (copy mod-time, copy ACL) not working.
* GSTP: implement GetSecurityDescr and SetSecurityDescr on GS server.
* Mediator: fix change of forwarder propagation.
* Activation is now elevated, needed for Windows server, and to propagate activation to all users.
* Explorer: make downloads resumable.
* Explorer: add Options dialog, mostly for proxy.
* Job List: re-ordering by column now sets cursor back to the current job.
* Installer: Re-enable Installer options, memorize shortcut checkboxes.
* Installer: disable QuickLaunch shortcut on Win7.
Version 9.0.6 -- Feb 02, 2012
* Fix reading of state file from mirror when No GsData option is set.
* Several fixes to the new generation system.
* Fix adding generation after Copy Locked file.
* Turn on optimization for releases, to speed things up.
* Detect name case changes when user changes sync direction.
* Delete *._gstmp files from user folder and profile folder.
Version 9.0.5 -- Jan 30, 2012
* Fix reading of old state files, from ver 8 and ver 9 betas.
* Fix file/folder renames in case-sensitive file systems such as FTP, SFTP
* Fix file/folder renames in file systems without folder move such as S3, Azure.
* GUI: show both left and right names if they are different per case.
* Add new account properties to Manage API.
* SkyDrive: fix Passport auth for new sessions.
Version 9.0.4 -- Jan 26, 2012
* Sync algorithm: new system of generations, takes less space, works faster.
* Sync algorithm: new state file (ver 4), takes less space, new generations.
* File and Folder tree is now case-insensitive.
* Synchronization is case-preserving, name case changes are propagated.
* File and Folder renames case only: make it a special new Case Change operation.
* File and Folder renames: run their detection on user changes in sync direction too.
* Sync: fix Copy of folder modification time and ACL was not working.
* Old generation cleanup: normalize old gens, leave 3 latest gens for live files.
* DAV: implement folder move operation.
* S3: make it a case-sensitive file system, it really is.
* GSTP upload: return errors related to files on the server, was closing socket.
* GSTP download: fix not releasing handle after download is complete.
Version 9.0.3 and Ver 8.9.5 -- Jan 15, 2012
* S3: fix listing of folders with more than 1000 items and non-latin marker.
* Fix elevated copy (locked or access denied) between Windows file system and SMB.
* Auto Script: fix sending emails on Pre-Analyze.
* Sending mails: fix sending mail with no attachment via MAPI.
* GSTP: fix computers not going dead in the list after not reporting,
* GSTP: provide forwarder only to GS ver 9.0.0 and later, not ver 9 beta.
* GSTP: add transaction ReadBufCrcPosn to speed up communication.
* GSTP: speed up GSTP to GSTP transfers, make them resumable and do delta copy.
* GS Connect Setup: Remove Discoverable Mode option for simplicity.
* GS Connect: set System UserID for local user to fix errors on elevated file operations.
* LogViewer: increase file shown max size to 20 Mb, from 1 Mb.
Version 9.0.2 -- Jan 06, 2012
* GSTP: improve local discovery.
* GSTP: reduce chunk size to 256 Kb, do not use Expect-Continue.
* Fix folder renames for more complex combinations.
* Fix temporary files not deleted in Remote FS to Remote FS.
* Sign gs-server.exe and MSIs.
* Explorer and Browse: show list of connectoids derived from jobs.
* Add Explorer to GS2Go.
Version 9.0.1 and Ver 8.9.4 -- Jan 04, 2012
* Fix Error copying file: Cannot put file: UploadFileComplex not implemented.
* DAV: Some servers return Error 500 on OPTIONS request, allow such servers.
* Folder move/rename: improve algorithm, enable by default.
* HTTP: after redirect is done, do not use the forwarded-to server for old requests.
* Turn create of XYZ followed by delete of folder XyZ into special folder rename.
* Sync algorithm: fix 2-file conflict incorrectly classified as new-file.
* SMB: Add listing of SMB servers using Shell, to catch more servers.
* Do not do some checks if SameBeforeSyncAsInAnalyze is turned off.
Version 9 Official and Ver 8.9.3 stable pre-upgrade release -- Dec 30, 2011
* Ver 9 official release: introduce new ver 9 license, upgrade path.
* Ver 8 and 9: Fixed expired certificate warning that will appear in Feb 2012.
* GSTP to GSTP sync: make uploads/downloads resumable.
* Folder Rename/Move: first implementation of folder move detector.
* Improve Generation Cleanup rules.
* GSTP Server: fix crashes on session timeout.
* Server Receiver: fix some crashes.
* Forwarders: improve working with dynamic forwarders.
Version 8.8.9 and Ver 9 beta -- Dec 22, 2011
* Sync: add option to cleanup old generations and
old entries for deleted files, older that a year (configurable).
* Fix File Monitoring not working for root folder of a disk.
* Browse dialog: New Folder makes it current.
* S3: make host-based addressing to be default option.
* S3: allow region-specific hosts in URL-based addressing.
* Azure: added check for illegal '.' char at end of filename.
* SkyDrive: Added password length check (6-16 required).
* SkyDrive: file types SD does not like now have ._gs_ appended to them.
* Make time that is out of range warning more specific.
* Server: introduce dynamic Forwarders that are user's computers.
* Mediator: speed up talkback, so that GS server is registered faster.
* Server: new better generic self-signed certificate for SSL.
* Server: report its version to GS client.
* Server: do not use GSTP verbs directly in HTTP, so that it can go thru proxies.
* Server: fix automatic reconnection of file system after lost connection.
* Server: sessions now timeout after 3 minutes of inactivity.
Version 8.8.8 and Ver 9 beta
* S3: fix server name generation for host-based option, it must not have the bucket.
* Do not delete state file info on TryToConnect, it causes State File Has Changed error.
* FTP: fix handling of reconnects inside Download/Upload.
* FTP: fix parsing of MLST listing for Titan server.
* Browse dialog: pass all connect options to ListServers.
* Manual and Command Line: update them with the latest options.
* Fix cleanup command not working after user stop.
* SkyDrive: fix discovery of servers and user URL.
* SkyDrive: now it is secure only, plain text option does not work.
* HTTP: fix persistent cookie handling in presence of proxy.
* HTTP WinInet: fix proxy authentication, manual proxy, dynamic hostnames.
* HTTP: fix proxy auth not working in Automatic proxy mode.
* GSTP: new implementation of block upload/download.
* GSTP: new implementation of resumable upload/download of large files.
* GSTP: make MD5 option work on locked files too.
* Servers: make digest authentication work properly.
Version 8.8.7 and Ver 9 beta
* GUI: Fix conflict between Move/Rename mode and Scroll checkbox.
* License: re-allow free trials on Windows Server.
* Fix long reconnect handling in FTP, SFTP, Windows and other file systems.
* HTTP client: give preference to most secure auth method offered by server.
* SFTP: fix unwinding of upload/download on user stop.
* GSTP Mediator: fix Digest Auth did not work.
* GSTP client: fix progress reporting.
* GSTP: fix resumable uploads and downloads.
* GSTP server: separate local elevation account from GS Connect account.
Version 8.8.6 and Ver 9 beta
* GoodSync2Go: do not allow Copy Locked Files in Gs2Go.
* Sockets: fix automatic long reconnect.
* Sockets: speed up disconnect sequence.
* Time: detect file mod times that are out of good date range: years 1980 to 2107.
* Rename/Move Detection: add View for it.
* SSL: allow cacert.pm and paths to certificates to contain Unicode characters.
* Server + UPNP: fix handling of FIOS ActionTec routers.
* GDocs: added handling of root folder.
* SkyDrive: Added handling for auth cookies expiring during a job.
* GoodSync Connect Setup: rewrite, clarify concepts and terminology.
* GSTP: fix client reconnect on server drop-off and reappearance.
* GSTP: implement resumable upload/download, even if GoodSync is restarted.
* Server: make it use GoodSync proxy settings, to connect outside.
* Server Web UI: add changing of password and other attributes of Connect account.
* Server Web UI: add deleting of GS Connect account.
Version 8.8.5 and Ver 9 beta
* Monitoring: do not monitor non-local file systems.
* Fix Disconnect was not done on Auto jobs that did Analyze but not Sync.
* Rename / Move detection: fix problems when both change and rename occur.
* GDocs: fix spreadsheet detection.
* Client-Server: fix transfer and progress reporting for large files.
* Server: delete inactive and closed sessions.
Version 8.8.4 and Ver 9 beta
* Normalization: make it work for 3-part combined characters, such as in Korean.
* Do not disconnect after Analyze and reconnect on Sync for Auto jobs.
* Fix errors in On Folder Connect auto mode, it could misfire.
* Run Pre-Analyze script on Folder Connect too.
* S3: added s3 server side encryption option.
* Fix computation and display of Server license, used on Windows Server.
* Renames/Moves: turn On their detection by default in Beta.
* Client-Server Beta: multiple bugs fixes.
* Server Setup: request Server ID on the same page where we request User ID.
Version 8.8.3 and Ver 9 beta
* Path Normalization: fix it in SameAsBefore, still could cause problems on accented chars.
* On File Change: was not turned off when doing Browse or manual file operations. Fixed.
* On File Change: was not working for ~UserName paths. Fixed.
* Copy Locked Files using VSS: fix rare crashes.
* Time handling: fix rare crashes on incorrect time values.
* Manual File Operations from context menu: connect only one side for one-sided operations.
* WebDAV: do not check DAV servers for DAV header, it may not exist.
* Amazon CD: fix Content-Type to make it recognize audio files properly.
* Google Docs: fix for files that do not have download links.
* New Program and Job options: fix bugs.
* HTTP clients: use nice negotiated disconnect wherever possible.
* HTTP client: improve passing errors from server.
* HTTP client + proxy: do not use proxy for local IP addresses.
* Server Setup: fix not setting Windows Account Id, other bugs.
* Server Discovery: workaround for local net gateway of 127.0.0.1 set by security programs.
* Server Discovery: speed up UPNP discovery.
* Server: fix Impersonation not working on Windows XP.
* Server: fix not working via Proxy.
* Server: add flag to secondary users that allow them to register on Mediator.
Version 8.8.1 and Ver 9 beta
* Beta: add Move/Rename detection, execute them directly, not as Copy New + Delete, turn it On in Job Advanced Options.
* HTTP: fix rare crash in some operations.
* FTPS: fix rules for determining whether to use encrypted data channel.
* FTP implicit mode: allow specifying port number.
* SMTP emails: do not send extra empty attachment.
* Save more memory in sync tree.
* Sync order: fix order of preliminary and pending operations.
* Vertical Conflicts: detection was not always correct, fix.
* Beta: remove transactional sync option.
* Fix import/export number of days for previous and past versions.
* Servers: speed up server shutdown sequence.
* Servers: check server ID when calling local server.
* Servers: allow only one server to bind to a port.
* Servers: fix processing of some Access Denied errors.
Version 8.8.0 and Ver 9 beta
* Copy Locked Files: make it release correctly when several jobs lock files on one disk.
* Copy Locked Files: fix it in GoodSync Server for multiple locked files.
* Fix some rare crashes related to Job UI messaging.
* Block Upload and Download: fix it when Temporary Files option is Off.
Version 8.7.9 and Ver 9 beta
* Windows File System: fix free space reporting in ~UserName folders.
* WebDAV: do not use 100 Continue on servers that are not known to support it.
* WebDAV: fix freeze and timeout on upload of large files to IIS-7 in HTTPS mode.
* WebDAV: update OpenSSL that we use to version 0.9.8r.
* GDocs: fix uploading of spreadsheets.
* Server and Mediator: lower-case all GoodSync Connect UserIDs and ServerIDs.
* Server and Forwarder: better cleanup of temporary files.
* Server: make Impersonation work for NT Domain Windows users.
* Server Setup: multiple fixes, improve texts.
* WebDAV server: report /mnt root folder as a collection.
Version 8.7.8 and Ver 9 beta
* Browse dialog: show User Folder with user-friendly folders in it, no hidden and system stuff.
* Browse dialog: fix crashes.
* FTP: some servers report different file mod times in single and multiple file listings, account for that.
* DAV: improve computation of destination in COPY and MOVE when redirections are present.
* DAV: if file does not have getcontentlength attribute, report this as an error, not a warning.
* S3: fix uploading of large files (more than 4 Gb), fix stopping of multi-part uploads.
* Azure: fix progress of uploading of large files, stopping of large uploads.
* SkyDrive: escape special characters in MS Passport password.
* SkyDrive: convert to the latest SkyDrive name escaping scheme.
* Make Crash Catcher work in Browse dialog and GoodSync Server.
* Save memory by reducing folder tree size.
* Solve problem with de-composed file paths (usually produced by MacOS servers) by storing server-specific version of each name of the tree and normalizing names for comparison.
* Server: make terminology consistent, update texts in dialogs.
* Server setup wizard is now called GoodSync Server Main Setup.
* Calling Web Control Panel of Server is now called GoodSync Server Control Panel.
* Server setup: enforce User ID and Server ID containing only allowed characters.
* Server: fix impersonation was used, even if turned off on the server.
* Server: add showing progress of forwarder and server operations.
* Scripts: 'errors:' script now runs if conflicts are detected, not just errors.
* Do not exclude files and folder with attribute FILE_ATTRIBUTE_OFFLINE. Oftentimes storage system would mount them automatically when accessed.
Version 8.7.7 and Ver 9 beta
* Windows FS: fix cannot open long file paths and folders with '.' at the end.
* Add Rename Losing File option: it renames file that lost in Conflict.
* Add Fast Stop to Advanced options, it stops jobs without saving state file (not recommended).
* Split Speed Limit option into Download Speed Limit and Upload Speed Limit.
* HTTP client and server: use 100 Continue when sending/receiving large bodies.
* HTTP client: make Digest Auth work with Barracude WebDrive.
* SkyDrive: translate special characters in file and folder names.
* Server UI: apply better graphical design.
* Server UI: make certificate fields editable, allow setting certificates.
* GSTP client and server: improve progress reporting for large files.
* Forwarders: many improvements for large file download and upload.
* HTTP WinInet: fix bugs and issues, especially with cookie handling.
* HTTP WinInet: add certificates from Windows Certificate Storage, if server asks.
Version 8.7.6 and Ver 9 beta
* S3: make it actually reconnect when bucket host changes.
* S3: do not use temp files to upload to S3 by default, as upload is atomic.
* Fix RoboForm integration: GS was not calling RF refresh correctly.
* Server UPNP: add support for DSL Forum scheme in UPNP.
* Server Web UI: add Local Only option, Online/Offline mode switch.
* Server installer: streamline and fix configuration of Server settings.
* Server: fix File Owner and system protection flag.
* Server: fix upload and download via Forwarder.
* GSTP client: waiting for GSTP is now stoppable.
* GSTP client: fix going through proxies, use Connect verb.
Version 8.7.5 and Ver 9 beta
* FAT: fix time adjustment for FAT disks, it was off by 1 hour sometimes.
* Server: update Web user interface.
* Server setup: fix not offering Computer ID and User ID on initial setup.
* Mount: fix DAV server, so that Mount works in GoodSync Explorer.
* Server: more fixes in Forwarder, now everything works.
Version 8.7.4 and Ver 9 beta
* GSTP server: Forwarder improvements, now Forwarder is enabled by default.
* FTP: fix listing of ftp.livedrive.com.
* Fix temporary file management.
* Amazon Cloud Drive: fix persistent 503 error.
* Google Docs: fixed some http 500 and 400 errors.
* HTTP: fix handling of replies to HEAD request.
Version 8.7.3 and Ver 9 beta
* HTTP: fix reading of chunked bodies, such as returned by IIS 6.
* GSTP Server: implement idempotency - re-asking server to do
the same transaction results in Waiting status or return of stored response.
* GSTP Server: implement client-server communication via Forwarder,
used when Server is not visible from outside.
* GSTP Server: fix bugs.
Version 8.7.2 and Ver 9 beta
* DAV, SkyDrive: if remote server cannot Move, then use Copy + Delete for stamp file.
* S3: upload short files as single file, not multi-part.
* S3: multi-part download for long files (longer than 10 Mb).
* S3: allow S3 hosts other than canonic host s3.amazonaws.com.
* Google Docs: implement file rename, fix bugs.
* GSTP: fix block file download.
* File Systems: fix a leak on file close.
Version 8.7.1 and Ver 9 beta
* Amazon Cloud Drive: add file system that allows to sync to Amazon CD (prefix acd:// ).
Works for anybody who has Amazon account, 5 Gb free.
* SkyDrive by Microsoft Live: add separate file system for it (prefix sds:// ).
Compute user's SkyDrive server from user Live/Passport credentials.
* Google Docs: fix various issues.
* Explorer: Add Mount command that mounts any GS file system as a local disk.
GoodSync provides WebDAV server that is mounted using DAV redirector.
* Browse dialog: add Bookmarks selector that shows other servers from the same file system.
* DAV: add option to save cookies between sessions, needed for Amazon CD.
* Amazon S3: upload large files in multiple parts, to prevent timeouts.
* HTTP client: implement Passport authentication.
* Pre-Analyze Script: fix error in running it.
* Log Upload: fix error when log being uploaded is locked.
* Fix rare crash caused by tree drawing.
* Server: now can request Digest auth, Basic Auth, or both.
* Server: consolidate config parameter names in TIX file, some renaming occurred.
* Server: reduce Manage API, all server changes may be done by Admin only.
* Server: add MySQL-based list of account for enterprise customers.
* Server: allow NT domains in user impersonation.
* Server: check for correctness of userids, they cannot have dots in them.
* Window File System: Home Server: treat Not Connected error as Not Found.
* Add path variables: %HH% - current hour, %II% - current minute.
* Transactional Temp Files option: first upload all files, then rename all files.
* Detect DST change on the computer and request reboot to fix Windows time bug.
Version 9 beta
GoodSync Ver 9 Beta is now available.
Latest Ver 9 beta news:
* Add syncing to Windows Azure (S3-like server storage) file system azure://
* Add syncing to Google Docs premium accounts, file system has prefix gdocs://
* Browse dialog: allow selection of multiple folders, when Select Multiple items is checked.
* Browse dialog: allow selection of files, when Show Files is checked.
* Add GoodSync DAV server (experimental) that can present any GoodSync file system as DAV server.
* FAT: adjust UTC time reported by Windows, to account for Windows bug in file mod time.
* New-Old time shifts: reduce threshold to 10% of total items.
* SymLinks and junctions: fix copying of them, copy mod time.
* Make all file-folder conflicts to be resolvable.
* DAV: remove 1 GB limit on file length when uploading.
* DAV: rework WinInet option, unify its code with sib-sockets DAV.
* Google Docs: fix bugs in listing file and file names with ampersand.
* Do not use time translation on NTFS and FAT file systems, as it masks copy time problems.
* Analyze: move warning about older files overwriting newer files to later.
* GS Server: fix termination of server when SSL socket is active.
* GS Server: multiple fixes in Impersonate.
* GS Server: add option to Protect System Files and Folders.
* GS Server: fix SSL ClientHello recognition when switching to it.
* GSync and Gscp: make /proxy parameters work.
* Scripts: call Pre-Analyze script before Analyze only, not before On Folder Connect check.
* S3: fix checking Secure box does not change prefix to s3s://
* DAV: add file system-specific Use Temp Files options, Off by default.
* DAV time parser: fix potential crashes.
* DAV: fix handling of redirects in MOVE.
* DAV: fix authentication for iDisk.
* Inet Auth: start with no auth, so that server tells us which auth to use.
* SSL: fix potential cycling on peeking for incoming SSL connection.
* If disk overflow terminal error occurs, add it to error count too.
* Server: make user impersonation work correctly.
* Server: change New Account creation protocol.
* Server: fix conversion of non-latin computer names and userids.
* Server: add read-only flag for non-admin users.
* Server: new rewritten setup for GoodSync Connect, more secure.
* Server: add setting computer name (effective for GoodSync only).
* Server: speedup shutdown of the server.
* GSCP: show all attributes of file or folder.
* Make Windows SkyDrive work in DAV file system, with WinInet and Send Cookies options ON.
* Strictly enforce Use Temp Files option, even for atomic file systems.
* UPNP: fix data collection for HTTP/1.0 devices.
* DAV: implement Send Cookies option in Siber HTTP layer.
* DAV: fix auth header parser, affects some proxy issues.
* Windows FS: fix copying of security descriptors in Windows 7.
* Improve temporary file cleanup.
* DAV WinInet: fix bugs that may cause crashes.
* Add Advanced option: Copy File Creation Time.
* Windows FS: Fix copying of Hidden, System, Read-Only attributes.
* Improve cleanup of temp files in mirror folders.
* Beta: Fix multiple folder selection: exclusion of folder.
* Gsync: fix analyze-sync mode switching.
* DAV and S3: respect Use Temp Files option, even though this file systems are mostly atomic.
* Copy Locked files: fix sequence where user refuses to elevate, but later changes his mind.
* Beta: fix listing when non-empty Home Folder is present in GS server account.
* SFTP: fix credential processing for some servers.
* Add gscp.exe to beta distribution.
* On Folder Connect could start Sync after Sync with errors. Fixed.
* Scripts: conflicts were counted as errors. Fixed.
* HTTP-based file systems: report User-Agent, some servers require it.
* Beta: Add Windows Azure file system (S3-like server storage), prefix azure://
* Beta: fix UPNP processing in GoodSync server.
* Analyze and Sync: show sync progress on the file tree.
* On File Change Auto: allow computer-specific paths such as \\=Computer\C:\folder
* On Folder Connect Auto: fix issues with computer-specific paths \\=Computer\C:\folder
* Beta: fix GoodSync Connect dialogs graphics issues.
* Add dbghelp.dll to the distribution, to better catch crashes.
* WinCE: fix handle leak on disconnect, was causing problems on device reconnection.
* GSTP: fix stopping and restarting issues in GS server.
* GSTP: fix server recognition issues, use only ports verified by mediator.
* GSTP: fix local discovery of GS servers.
* Analyze and Sync: show tree after Sync.
* Analyze and Sync: sync lock problems after bad file system disconnects.
* Analyze and Sync All: start even jobs that are already schedule and running.
* Post-Analyze/Sync scripts were not firing correctly, fix.
* Copying Windows NetShare to NetShare (SMB): do it directly, without temp file on C:
* DAV: fix problem in digest authentication.
* FTP: workaround for broken FileZilla servers 501 error.
* SFTP download: allow mismatch of promised and actual file length.
* De-elevation after install: fix if UAC is turned off.
* Beta: fix UPNP discovery.
* On Folder Connect: was not working in fast mode, fixed.
* GS server beta: fix switching to SSL mode.
* Analyze + Sync are now run as one transaction: locks are set when Analyze starts, removed when Sync ends.
* Analyze + Sync: create _gsdata_ folder when Analyze starts.
* Move Waiting for Lock to ver 9 beta features, make it work.
* DAV: fix NTLM authentication.
* Browse dialog: run one Connectoid in one thread, to prevent file system problems.
* Add option to Wait For Locks to clear, in Options -> Advanced.
* DAV: do not reject HTTP <-> HTTPS redirects, they happen on some servers.
* Browse: Do not request free disk space from Net Shares, this freezes on offline shares.
* S3: change file system prefix from http:// to s3:// and from https:// to s3s://
* Fix substitution of environment variables in sync folder paths.
* Add option not to have _gsdata_ folder in sync folder, it is kept in GS profile instead.
* Do not make _gsdata_ folder accessible to everyone, now it just inherits permissions from parent folder.
* GoodSync2Go installer now closes running GoodSync2Go.
* GoodSync installer now closes Log Viewer.
* SMB network browsing: Fix crashes and recursive cycling.
* Show share comment and disk free space in disk/share comments.
* Browse dialog: fix crash on Make New Folder in My Documents.
* Browse dialog: Keep drilling into FS if some levels are unlistable.
* Browse dialog: Add My Documents virtual folder, before My Computer.
* Browse dialog: do not disable OK button on bad server credentials.
* De-elevation after install: fix crash.
* Auto Threshold option: use it only for 2-way sync jobs, not for 1-way jobs.
* Browse dialog (new): fix crash on certain file paths.
* Copy Locked Files: fix elevation from standard user.
* Fix de-elevation after the install.
* Browse dialog (new): fix many issues, some crashes.
* Log Window: do not allow it to grow to more than 150 Kb, truncated when it happens.
* FTP: fix navigation in Browse dialog for MS FTP servers.
* Browse dialog: improve disk presentation, fix crash.
* Browse dialog: move main options out of Advanced options, so that they are always visible.
* Pre-Analyze Script: if nowait: is specified then ignore return code and proceed with Analyze.
* Fix activation problem: Bad activation data submitted.
* Browse dialog: Fix file system icons in Windows 7.
* Browse dialog: auto-list servers in WinFS and SMB file systems.
* FTP: fix symlink processing in MLST.
* Fix migration of old ver 6 jobs to new URLs.
* Fix crash in Manage GoodSync Online and allow it only in GS ver 9 beta.
* Restore free syncing with RF Online server (was not free in 8.5.0).
* New internal URL format for Windows, SMB and Mac file systems, uses file:// and smb:// prefix.
* New Browse dialog that uses only file system API.
* Fixes in normalization of file generations.
* Fix issues in left-right time shift processing.
* DAV: box.net does not process MOVE properly, do a workaround.
* DAV: retry on Server Temporarily Not Available, appears on humyo.com.
* DAV: fix MOVEing file to existing file, did not work on adrive.com.
* FTP: fix processing of single item MLST command.
* FTP: strip leading and trailing spaces from file names.
* SFTP: speedup downloads and uploads by using better socket options.
* HTTP: process combo of Content-Length and Transfer-Encoding: chunked.
* Fix issues in Copy ACL.
* Refresh statistics at the end of Sync, so that folder sizes update.
* Fix folder delete from context menu.
* Fix state file info comparison between Analyze and Sync.
* Windows FS: when we get Disk Full error with free space on disk, warn about FAT problems.
* FTP: fix state file info compare problem when Sync begins.
* DAV: fix some NTLM re-authentication issues.
* Symbolic links: fix deletion of links in SFTP and Windows file system.
* Fix bug in symbolic links deletion.
* Long reconnect was not working in DAV and S3. Fixed.
* Do Unicode normalization for DAV and S3, so that non-English file names transfer OK from Mac servers.
* Fix and improve log cleanup rules.
* Prepare release of GS ver 9 Beta.
* Detect different folder paths pointing to the same folder, when locking folder for Sync.
* Fix bug in manual delete of files from _gsdata_ folder.
* Improve detection of other Sync that interferes between Analyze and Sync and damages Analyze results.
* Read State file before browsing folders, provide real progress indicator for Analyze.
* When downloading from S3 or Amazon server directly to file, do not download error messages.
* New faster algorithm of cleaning up _gsdata_\_saved_ recycle bin.
* Speedup Analyze by getting rid of scan of _gsdata_\_saved_ recycle bin.
* Check that state file did not change between Analyze and Sync.
* When using cached state file after failed sync, check that original state file remains.
* Add Job -> 'Delete _gsdata_ Folder' command.
* GSYNC now updates Last Run Time too.
* Improve _saved_ (recycle bin) cleanup algorithm.
* Start _saved_/_history_ cleanup once every 10 days, not after every Sync.
* Improve cleanup options presentation and logging.
* Fix rare WinSock Not Initialized error.
* Fix some rare crashes.
* Fix On Change Files not working for portable paths.
* Allow to remove default global filters.
* Disable cleanup of _saved_ files for file systems without file create time.
* Copy ACL: fix getting backup privileges, to avoid error 1307.
* Fix Post-Sync email is being sent empty.
* Fix crash when automaton starts Sync with Browse dialog still open.
* Fix Exclude Empty/Hidden/System was not saved in View -> Filters.
* TIX parser used on import: ignore unrecognized name-value pairs.
* Fix strings that are too long in Pro activation in some European languages.
* Analyze: do not go more than 30 levels deep, to prevent cycling on broken trees.
* Read State File: allow file paths longer than 300 characters.
* FTP: allow reading listing lines longer than 256 characters.
* Add option Number of Days to Keep Previous (_saved_) file versions, 30 days by default.
* Add option Number of Days to Keep Past (_history_) file versions, 30 days by default.
* Cleanup of old recycled files, old logs now happens after Sync, not after Analyze.
* Upgrade to newer version of WTL, to improve GUI appearance and performance.
* Fix two rare crashes.
* Fast Pre-Analyze: fix error in stamp.gsl upload semantics.
* Auto-start of job with delay now has precedence over other auto ways of starting a job.
* PreAnalyze script: If it returns 1 then do not perform Analyze, if 0 then perform Analyze.
* Global options: add mandatory items to Exclude filter.
* FTP: fix working with some broken servers that cannot single-list a file.
* Sync algorithm: add normalization of disjoint generation sequences.
* Left-Right time shifts: let the newer files always win in CopyTime.
* Fix bug in getting temporary files folder.
* Fast Pre-Analyze: fix errors in timestamp file local caching.
* Delete Previous Versions renamed to Delete History (Recycle Bin), it now cleans up _history_ too.
* WebDAV: fix redirects when destination URL has extra info after '?'.
* GSYNC: add options to read/write job list and program options in TIC and TIX formats.
* Cleanup: fix cleanup of old temp files and old logs.
* Make GoodSync work with SkyDrive folders mounted on your computer.
* Add command 'Job -> Disable AutoRun', it disable starting jobs automatically.
* Add global log options: folder to write logs to, number of days to retain logs.
* DAV, S3: do not use temp files when uploading, as these protocols provide atomicity of upload.
* Sync Algorithm: improve merge of generations, to allow propagation of changes in resolved conflicts.
* Left-Right Time Shifts: fix selecting the preferred direction.
* Fix Fast-PreAnalyze issues: GoodSync could ignore changes on server on rare occasion.
* Gsync: make /autoresolve command line option work.
* DAV NTLM auth: fix parsing of Type2 message, generation of Type3 message.
* Browse: fix inability to type beyond UserID/Password visible box size.
* DAV: fix problems related to redirect of non-latin folder names.
* User activation data was lost from license if CU registry is not writable, fixed.
* SFTP: add workaround for server who return incorrect object type for files.
* WinCE: fix suspected crashes, probably caused by inserting another device.
* GUI: in-place job rename in Job List was removing Scheduled status, fixed.
* GUI: Auto Hide Mini Mode window was not working, fixed.
* Fast Pre-Analyze: fix saving of stamp file in case of sync errors and conflicts.
* Sync Algorithm: Fix processing of resolvable file-folder conflict.
* S3: fix changing buckets in host-based addressing.
* S3: fix creation of missing folder markers for mixed-case buckets.
* Add On File Change option to Auto: start Analyze/Sync when any file in sync folder changes.
* Auto On Start: fix slow start with zero delay.
* Network: Implement NTLM authentication for proxy.
* If two portable volumes have the same name, issue error on Analyze.
* SFTP: skip devices and other UNIX objects that are not files, folders or links.
* SFTP: speed up on download/upload of short files.
* FTP: add fast reconnect on inability connect data socket.
* DAV: issue warning about file with no getcontentlength attribute, not just ignore them.
* Network: Fix proxy processing issues.
* Remove 200 limit on number of locked folders in Sync.
* Implement per-job option 'Delay in Sec' for AutoStart on GoodSync Start, on Timer.
* SFTP: add processing of symbolic links: Copy Link As Is, Drill Down Link, Ignore.
* FTP: fix issues between MLSD and LIST folder listing, when they flip.
* FTP: MSLD: recognize symbolic link as valid folder, drill down to it.
* S3: fix problems in folder marker checking.
* Final fixes in filters, use formal formula computation system with ternary logic.
* Inet: Always use CONNECT proxy, so that we can fall back to direct if proxy does not respond.
* Reject time shifts of 24 hours or more, as they cannot be real time shifts.
* Produce Analyze time error for files named _gsdata_.
* GUI: if user clicks Close in Mini-mode window, process it the same as for Main window.
* GUI: do not allow combination of options that hides all GoodSync windows.
* GoodSync Explorer: implement MoveFolder that renames folders in place.
* Client-Server: release Alpha version of GoodSync Server and Client.
* Save internal state files when we finish syncing in folder, not at the end of the job.
* Locking sync folders for remote file systems, so that two jobs do not sync the same folder simultaneously.
* Show free space quota on RoboForm Online DAV server.
Version 7.0.1 (Major New Release)
Version 6.3.5 -- Last Stable Release in Ver 6
* Add Job Tags: GoodSync places a unique file into _gsdata_ folder
on both sides of the job when first Sync is run.
Later, if job tags are present, it verifies that
they are the same as it was originally recorded in the Job.
Automated Sync will not run if tags in the job and folders do not match.
This prevents syncing with the wrong folder that was mounted
in place of the right folder, which may happen with portable drives.
* Lock Files: place lock file (*.gsl) into _gsdata_ folder
on both sides of the job when Sync is running.
Do not allow other jobs to Analyze or Sync folders
that contain *.gsl lock files.
This preserves file and sync integrity.
* Speed up analysis and reduce memory requirements.
Million File Sync Challenge.
With recent optimizations GoodSync
can synchronize two folder trees
with 1 million files in each folder
and use only 1 Gb of main memory for analysis.
Can your synchronizer do that?
GoodSync V6 is a complete rewrite of GoodSync.
* Speed up and improve filters.
* Log Viewer: show log files both from _gsdata_ folder and mirror folders.
* Mini Window: improve GUI, make unchecking 'Auto-hide Mini Window' work.
* Allow specifying email sender name in 'FirstName LastName
* Command line: /profile can specify TIX or TIX file, not just folder.
* Command line: do exact matches, so that /exit123 does not match as /exit.
* Command line: add /exit-ifok global option: exit if last job finished with no errors.
* gsync: add option /ll=9 not to write any logs.
* Allow two jobs to run in parallel if they share only read-only folders.
* Fix 'mirror folder not defined' on Reset State and Open Logs.
* Fix not using proxy authentication in RoboForm integration.
* Fix 'not an absolute path' error when creating new folder.
* Fix include filter such as *.rf* not working under some circumstances.
* Fix include filter including folders even if if these folders do not match.
* Filters: add new clauses and operators: (1) AND operator in the filter line (semicolon), (2) match files by attributes isfile, isfolder, issymlink, ishidden, issystem, isarchive, isreadonly, isencrypted, iscompressed, isoffline, (3) match files by presence on one or both sides: existboth and existone, (4) ANY side and ALL sides operators for size and time matching. Details are in the manual.
* Copy creation time of files and folders in Windows and WinCE file systems.
* FTP: fix bug in detecting LIST one file capabilities.
* FTP: fix bug in MLST output processing.
* Email: allow specifying more than one recipient, separated by ;
* Email: fix Date of outgoing email format.
* Add %WOM% variable to path, stands for Week Of Month, from 1 to 4.
* Options tab: make link to the manual show section of the manual for this tab.
* GUI: separate Copy Files view from Delete Items view, they were combined before.
* GUI: show progress on Copy Time and Copy State operations, was only for Copy File.
* Time Shift: fix processing when both job sides have time shifts.
* Symbolic Links: separate processing options for Folder Links and File Links.
* FTP: fix error processing in MLST/MLSD commands.
* WinCE FS: improve internal handle management.
* GSYNC: fix job-tmp command processing.
* Add options of copying Windows link objects: ignore, copy as is, drill down.
Both junctions and symbolic links are copied or drilled down.
* FTP: Fix parsing of MLST/MLSD listing.
* FTP: Detect ability to list one file with/without spaces in its name.
* FTP: Detect broken MLST command on servers and fall back to LIST.
* DAV: Implement Fast reconnect in Digest Auth.
* FTP: implement folder and item listing using MLST and MLSD commands.
* FTP: fix listing item if its parent is not list-able.
* FTP: force UTF-8 name encoding on servers that report supporting it.
* FTP: try listing of file after upload more than once, as it may not appear instantly.
* DAV, S3, GSTP: fix fast reconnect on upload of files.
* DAV, S3, GSTP: implement fast reconnect on download of files.
* FTP: fix setting current folder on Connect to server, fix other bugs.
* FTP: better testing of server properties used in single item listing.
* FTP: implement fast reconnect when data connection is dropped.
* GUI: make Rename in Job List work well.
* GUI: display changed paths in Job List, when change comes form outside.
* TIX: allow saving of Program Options to registry and loading from registry.
* On Logoff: allow user to set place in On Logoff queue via registry key LogoffPriority.
* When analyzing for case-sensitivity Conflicts, do not skip excluded items.
* Fix batch activations.
* Create _gsdata_ earlier in Sync, so that sync start errors can be logged there.
* Change auto threshold computation, it improve sync of RF Online with new computer.
* FTP: fix listing of single file on Pure-FTPD server.
* FTP: fix errors related to listing items in root sync folder.
* SFTP: do not use default PuTTY session if no session is specified.
* Sync On Logoff: make GS to be the last program to run, so that other programs release their files.
* Fix Sync On Logoff that became broken in ver 8.1.6.
* Fix job status after editing sync folder path and clicking Enter.
* Fix Save Past Versions option for files without extensions.
* New Export/Import TIX format: fix writing/reading strings.
* If we cannot open jobs list from file jobs.tic then rename it and notify user.
* Fix syncing to sync folders with non-latin characters in URL.
* FTP: major speed up post-upload file verification.
* FTP: optimize tracking of the current folder.
* TIX: fix problems in reading/writing from registry, add to the manual.
* Release Good Explorer -- universal file manager and download/upload client, based on GoodSync file system adapter technology.
* Fix uninstaller crash.
* Fix Auto option starting problems that appeared in ver 8.1.6.
* Major speedup in drawing User Interface for large number of jobs.
* Do not create _gsdata_ folder when doing Analyze, create it when starting Sync.
* If GoodSync cannot create _gsdata_ on server to which it will not write, allow such Syncs.
* Show top folder _gsdata_ as excluded folder (it was not shown at all before).
* Do not lock folders which have only No Copy operations, when starting Sync.
* Fix crash on entering non-latin characters into Activation dialog.
* DAV: major speed up and optimization of all GoodSync transactions.
* DAV: improve authentication management, use state machine.
* FTP: fix tracking of current folder.
* Fix Balloon message not shown on terminal Analyze errors.
* Fix On Folder Connect may cause Sync if analysis tree is displayed already.
* Implement /ll and /lf command line options in gsync.
* Add a way to distribute jobs to user machine via registry, for mass job distribution.
* Add new TIX format for job representation which is human readable (text config file).
* Change Export Jobs command to export/import jobs in human readable TIX format.
* Add saving of multiple previous versions of the file to _gsdata_\_history_ folder.
* Remove Quick Backup Mode, as new Fast Pre Analyze option completely covers it.
* Delete stamp.gsl file when user deletes file using GoodSync and in Reset State.
* Speed up initial connection to FTP and SFTP by not performing tests.
* Make 'errors: ' prefix in Scripts work for email too.
* FTP: improve fast reconnect.
* Use server time-stamping technique to prevent server side Analyze scan when nothing has changed on server. Turn it on in Options -> Advanced -> Fast Pre-Analyze. Used in RoboForm Online syncing.
* Add Windows Offline Files (Net Share files cached by CSC) detection and warning. Offline Files must be turned Off, because they cause problems in syncing due to lack of consistency.
* Skip Offline files when analyzing (unmounted tapes, offline per Hierarchical Storage Management).
* If GoodSync cannot connect via proxy (say, due to bad authentication), try to connect directly.
* WinCE: speed up and optimize two jobs working with the same WinCE device.
* LocalNet: Do not purge cached credentials of the server we are connecting to, on Analyze.
* FTP: fix processing of some error replies that could causes cycling in rare cases.
* FTP: better test MFMT command, as some hosts do not support it while claiming otherwise.
* WMI: more timely release of WMI handles when closing GoodSync.
* Do not allow Auto-Resolve Conflicts to work in 1-way jobs, as they have no conflicts.
* Make sync time error items resyncable.
* Allow %DOW% variable in sync folder path, it resolves into Day Of Week, form 1 to 7.
* Add 'errors: ' prefix to Scripts, which means: run Script only when errors occurred.
* Add script variables %LF_ACT% and %RF_ACT% that return actual resolved paths.
* FTP: use MFMT command to set file modification time, if available.
* FTP: fast reconnect now catches more disconnects.
* Fix more license activation and affiliate id issues.
* FTP: fix processing of multi-line replies.
* FTP: fix passive mode downloads from servers behind firewalls.
* DAV: fix processing of headers with multiple spaces after colon.
* Days Used were not counted properly in GoodSync2Go, fixed.
* Days Used now can show values of more than 59.
* Activation from Batch Order Code was not working, fixed.
* Install language could get stuck and not be changed, fixed.
* Add MSI installer for GoodSync Enterprise.
* Improve algorithm for updating Free Disk Space, it click on every 1%.
* Improve crash detection system, collect mode crash data.
* Fix crash when user changes path manually and clicks old tree.
* Windows Mobile: fix issues related to Browse dialog, etc.
* SFTP: fix setting modification time on upload.
* Auto Scheduled option: improve usability.
* Massive increase in SFTP file transfer speed (5 to 10 times).
* Speed up syncing of large number of small files: fix slowdown caused by Log Window.
* Fix rare crash on deletion of file tree when folder disconnect is detected.
* Fix rare crash on reading of long lines in localization RFS files.
* Replace %GSDISK% with disk from which GS is run in program name in Scripts.
* Create Ticket now submits the ZIP file with logs to GSSS all by itself.
* Fully separate GoodSync Fixed and GoodSync2Go installers.
* Fix reading of license for user who has no access to All Users GS profile folder.
* Introduce two Task Scheduler modes : Logged In (Attended) and Logged Out (Unattended).
* Fix not changing task command line when changing Scheduler options on Vista and Windows 7.
* Allow GSYNC.EXE which is now used in Scheduled Logged Off Mode to be used by GS Pro users.
* Scripts: if no arguments is specified after the Program to run, do not send any arguments.
* Fix reconnect issues in network file systems that could result in cycling of reconnects.
* DAV: better process more errors related to dropped connections: perform fast reconnect.
* Copy Locked Files was not working when backing up to net file system: fixed.
* DAV: fix problems in decoding of non-latin file and folder names.
* Fix crash when Pre-Analyze script is started.
* Fix integration of 32-bit RoboForm on 64-bit Windows with 64-bit GoodSync.
* Fix scripts sending of e-mail attachments with non-latin characters.
* Show more detailed change counts in Status Bar after Analyze.
* Add ".DS_Store" to list of default exclusions.
* Revive Quick Backup mode.
* Copy folder modification time.
* Fix setting modification time after upload to remote file system.
* Use UTC time in FTP MDTM set and get.
* Make Move Files option delete only synced source files.
* Add script variables LF and RF for left and right folders.
* Delete mirror state produced by QuickBackup + ReadOnly modes, once it is turned off.
* Increase socket timeout to 90 sec.
* Fix installer problems on Windows 7.
* Mac OS X Beta version of GoodSync.
* Add Delete Source Files After Sync (Move Files) job option.
* Do not consider drives A: and B: to be portable when searching for portable volume.
* Allow to Pause during Reconnect.
* Fix File Compare for remote file systems.
* Remove Quick Backup Mode, as it was confusing and can lead to sync problems.
* Allow job whose names contain dot to be Scheduled.
* Mac OS X Alpha version of GoodSync.
* Merge 32-bit and 64-bit installers.
* Separate Enterprise installer from standard installer. Only Enterprise installer has command line tools.
* Change internal paths (inside sync folder) to have '/' as a separator.
* Copy file from Windows network folder to/from local folder directly, without intermediate temp files.
* Call share disconnect before connecting in Analyze, helps when using different credentials.
* Port GoodSync to UNIX (Linux, freebsd, macos), command line only.
* DAV: fixed downloading file sent using chunked encoding.
* DAV: fix authorizing using NTLM on IIS 7.
* FTP: quick reconnect when server drops control socket after long transfer down data socket.
* Remove WinInet implementations of FTP and S3, only WinInet DAV remains.
* Introduce TIX: text config format for jobs and options, to be used in command line gsync.
* Browse: show errors on folder that cannot open due to file system errors.
* Exclude deleted items within excluded empty folders.
* Show human readable sizes in tree columns in folder sizes.
* In Analyze Summary show left-to-right and right-to-left breakdown of changes.
* Improve 1st time user Job Create dialog.
* DAV, S3: Replace MS XML parser with Expat, to make it portable to UNIX.
* DAV: make NTLM auth work with IIS 5.
* DAV: show authentication type used.
* DAV: improve fast reconnect.
* Auto reconnect on state file save, if disconnection occurred.
* Rotate global logs even if GoodSync keeps running at the start of new day.
* Log user actions in separate per-job logs.
* Fix setting permissions of _gsdata_ folder that GoodSync creates.
* Warn about auto-proxy errors and try direct connection, not just bail out.
* Fix handling of lock files on Sync start.
* Fix conflicts caused by file being modified between Analyze and Sync.
* Call Post-Analyze Program / Email only if Analyze finished with No Changes.
* Allow to specify arguments in Programs called in Pre/Post-Analyze/Sync.
* Windows Mobile: fix Error 80 when moving to existing file.
* More fixes to auto-proxy (proxy.pac) processing.
* Fix FTP file system issues.
* Add more options to command line, to reflect latest changes.
* Allow to click Stop while waiting for Reconnect.
* Fix auto-proxy issues (proxy computed by proxy.pac file).
* Go back to apartment threading model (changed to free threading in 7.9.7).
* Fix slowdown in post-processing when files in excluded folders are deleted.
* Proceed with Analyze of net shares that do not return proper full name.
* Add Auto-Proxy (proxy.pac) option to Program Options -> Connections.
* Set sockets to timeout after 60 seconds of not receiving any data.
* Correct Date format in SMTP emails.
* FTP: fix time conversion, folder state may have to be redone as a result.
* FTP: Strip leading spaces from file names, to correct non-standard LIST output.
* DAV: implement Digest authentication.
* DAV: fix Browse changing path in case of server redirect.
* S3: fix not setting Content-Type when uploading non-local file.
* Set thread priorities: normal for user jobs, below normal for auto jobs.
* Fix crash in file upload in WinInet-based file systems.
* Fix installation problems caused by two GoodSync installers running.
* Fix automatic Reconnect problems for net file systems.
* Add WinInet-based checkbox to Browse for FTP, DAV, S3, to enable old WinInet-based implementation.
* Fix Exclude Empty Folders processing.
* Process 100 Continue server reply in WebDAV.
* Speed up net protocols by not doing select().
* Make SMTP email sender work if SMTP UserID/password are not specified.
* Send Post-Analyze/Sync emails using our own SMTP client, see Tools -> Program Options -> Connection.
* Send Post-Analyze/Sync emails not only in Auto mode, but also when use clicks Analyze/Sync buttons.
* Add automatic import of proxies from WinInet, see Tools -> Program Options -> Connection.
* DAV: implement NTLM authentication.
* Do not require Enterprise license for Copy ACL, Run Programs in Scripts.
* Do not require Server license for Windows Home Server.
* Fix uninstall script errors.
* Fix install/uninstall issues for GoodSync2Go.
* Import GoodSync proxy settings from IE (WinInet) proxy settings automatically.
* Impose 30-sec timeout on waiting for socket to reply, do not wait indefinitely.
* FTPS: in passive mode connect to server address for data connection, not to internal address PASV returns.
* Move log cleanup to the end of Analyze, so that folder listing errors can come out.
* Fix bugs in new implementations of FTP, DAV and S3.
* FTP: Fix problems in the new FTP implementation introduced in ver 7.9.0.
* FTP: Use socket keep-alive to keep control connection alive while long transfers happens on data connection.
* FTP: if UserID and Password are empty, use 'anonymous' and 'email@example.com'.
* S3: Introduce Host-Based Bucket Addressing option. Default is Off, which means URL-based addressing.
* New socket-based implementations for DAV, S3 and FTP file systems, no WinInet required.
* DAV, S3 and FTP: allow upload/download of files larger than 2Gb.
* DAV: Fix handling of redirects.
* Amazon S3: switch to host-based addressing of buckets, so now Euro S3 works.
* Amazon S3: automatically set Content-Type of files when uploading.
* Amazon S3: lower-case bucket names when GS creates them as top folders.
* FTP: ping control connection once a minute when long download/upload runs.
* FTP: implement FTPS (FTP over SSL), both Explicit and Implicit mode.
* FTP: fix name encoding of non-latin file names in MDTM SET.
* Secure and Allow Bad Certificates options now appear in DAV, S3 and FTP file system.
* Allow to specify Proxy for DAV, S3 and HTTP connections, including authenticated proxies.
* Add Separate installer for GoodSync2Go.
* Dynamic View buttons: show only buttons that have non-zero counts on them.
* Add Portable Paths : =VolumeName:\folder1\folder2 in the path means:
find removable drive that has specified volume name.
* Remove Job Tags option, as Portable Paths do the same better.
* Add Clear command that clears the changes tree.
* Add Auto Clear option that automatically clears the tree after Sync or Analyze with no changes.
* Add RoboForm2Go - GoodSync2Go integration, requires RF ver 6-9-96.
* Workaround for DAV Error 409 that was caused by some buggy DAV servers.
* Change Buy Pro dialogs to accommodate GoodSync2Go and GoodSync Enterprise.
* Add smtp_send.vbs script that sends email via SMTP, to be used in Post Program.
* Fix bug in activation for Limited users.
* Add GoodSync2Go - Portable version of GoodSync that works off portable drives (USB disk, hard drives).
* Auto-convert drive letter in path to %GSDISK% in GoodSync2Go, so that path works on all computers.
* Add GoodSync2Go (Portable) license that works off the portable drive, is not attached to computer.
* Add Server Enterprise license, to be used on Windows Server.
* Improve detection of disconnects in Windows networked file system, do reconnect if it happens.
* GoodSync can now continue Sync after Stop, so rename Cancel command to Stop.
* Allow unknown Certificate Authorities if Allow Bad Certificates option is On in DAV.
* Change locking of the Local Disk and Local Network (Windows) file system to the remote locking.
* Use lock files to hold the folder while syncing it. If other sync sees the lock file, it bails out.
* User can override locks if she is sure other job has ended abnormally, without removing the lock files.
* Better yellow info tips in case of errors and advice to user.
* Browse of Windows shares now shows complete hierarchy, all groups and classes of net shares.
* Split options into 5 tabs, to give them more space.
* Make job current when auto-syncing it using Analyze All or Sync All, or Analyze from RoboForm.
* Improve clarity of display of folders and deleted items in the tree.
* Systematize keyboard shortcuts, ALT+T is now Stop, ALT+C is Clone.
* Fix display of Left, Equal, Right items in status bar.
* Fix message redirect problem that producing NULL messages on rare occasion.
* Add Copy ACL Security Attributes option to Job options.
* Add Job -> List Of Changes that show list of changes after Analyze.
* Add Quick Backup Mode for 1-way forced jobs: it does not Analyze destination side.
* Fix merging of folder object histories.
* Save embedded state files when leaving their folder, not at the end of sync.
* Add Help area for mouse over help in the Browse dialog.
* Speed up filter processing.
* Fix calling sequence of user-defined File Compare program.
* Add default File Compare utility (UNIX diff), called from right-click -> Compare Left and Right, after Analyze.
* Diff of two folders performs byte-by-byte verification of folders, to make sure they are the same.
* Add NTFS compression option to Windows File System.
* Implement policies in the Enterprise version.
* Do not exclude hidden and system files in Backup jobs.
* Add Job option: Number of Reconnect Attempts, now it can be more than one.
* Add DAV option to Send Cookies to Server, as some DAV servers require cookies.
* Make 1-way job to never show warnings about conflicts, as these conflicts are removed.
* Add Auto options to Run Program or Send E-mail Before Analyze, After Analyze, After Sync.
* Add option to start EXE/BAT program after Sync.
* Add option to limit job speed (copy bandwidth).
* Make Drag And Drop work again in Job List when Job Name is not sorted.
* Add option to ignore non-matching or expired SSL certificate in DAV.
* Do not call RoboForm Cache refresh at Sync end unless RF Data folder has changed.
* Fix DAV error processing.
* Add global setting for proxy UserID and Password, used by FTP, DAV, S3.
* Add GoodSync Enterprise license and features.
* Fix parsing modification time returned by IIS 7 DAV server.
* Fix error processing in folder listing.
* Add option to switch between UTF-8 and ANSI file name encoding for FTP and SFTP.
* Make 3 window modes represented in View menu: Full Mode, Mini Mode, Tray Icon.
* Add Left and Right Path to Job List view.
* Job List view can be sorted by any column now, by clicking on the column header.
* Tray icon now shows list of currently running and recently finished jobs.
* Fix conflicts caused by sync of the file that changed between Analyze and Sync.
* Amazon S3: add access control policy specifier: private (default), public-read, public-read-write, authenticated-read.
* Add Encrypt/Decrypt using EFS options to Windows file system.
* Make non-English file names upload correctly in FTP and SFTP, use UTF-8 to encode them.
* SFTP file system can now read settings from a PuTTY session profile, so that SFTP proxies can be used.
* Add 0.1 sec delay between FTP upload and listing uploaded file, to get around FileZilla server bug.
* Fix crash detector: ignore certain Windows crashes on HTTP connect.
* Add Auto job option Start Analyze/Sync by RoboForm, set by RoboForm.
Allows for finer control of RF Online integration, such as doing Analyze only.
* Fix not starting auto jobs that appeared in ver 7.6.8.
* Do not automatically reconnect if this is not reconnectable error, such as Disk Full.
* Add job-tmp command to gsync.
* Fix RoboForm Online integration, release RoboForm Online Beta.
* Fix automatic Reconnect.
* Fix command line utility.
* Fix sending Sync Email when Outlook is default MAPI client.
* When GoodSync is started by installer in elevated mode on Vista, it restarts itself in user mode.
* Make logs more clear and concise, shorter too.
* Introduce GSYNC -- a pure command line version of GoodSync.
* Introduce GSCP program for scripting File System operations.
* Show Sync error messages in balloons, not just Analyze Errors.
* Improve crash processing in Vista.
* RoboForm Online improvements.
* Fix Log Viewer issues.
* Fix not saving state file when job is canceled.
* Fix thread parallelism to prevent some crashes.
* Fix progress going negative if it exceeds 100%.
* When job is syncing, do not allow intersecting jobs to start Analyze.
* Fixes for RoboForm Online.
* Fix Log Viewer issues.
* Implement Log Viewer for left/right sync folder logs.
* Hide mini-mode window when there is no active jobs.
* Fix saving state and logs for read-only 1-way jobs with folder paths longer than 256 char-s.
* Return 0 return code from command line version, so that Scheduler is happy.
* Fix getting FTP file mod time with MDTM command for non-standard file names.
* One-Way Read-Only jobs: remove folder length limitation of 256 char-s.
* Amazon S3: show detailed server message.
* Amazon S3: process & and % char-s in folder names correctly.
* Algorithm: do not turn symmetric CopyState into file copy on user command.
* Fix rare crash caused by WMI disconnect sequence.
* Allow HTTPS (SSL) prefix to be used with Amazon S3.
* Improve performance of DAV file system: send less to server.
* Fix auto jobs scheduling and exiting.
* Fix Not detecting connection of Windows Mobile 6.1 devices connected via ActiveSync 4.5.
* Change into notification the dialog that offers to Hide into SysTray.
* Fix crash when users tries to exit GoodSync with modal dialog present.
* Fix DAV listing URL decoding issues.
* Make special characters % & # work in file names in DAV.
* Add -synced suffix to log file names that contain file changes done by Sync.
* Clean up logs that do not contain Sync actions in one week.
* Fix GoodSync not copying hidden and read-only file and folder attributes.
* Fix DAV error processing.
* Fix rare crashes in Browse dialog.
* Improve RoboForm-GoodSync integration for RoboForm Online.
* Send E-Mail reports of the completed automated Sync, if requested by option.
* Switch from keeping monthly logs to keeping one log per Analyze + Sync.
* Show Sync error messages on a separate line with ERROR: tag.
* Fix parsing of file/folder list returned by DAV when it contains explicit port number.
* Fix DAV initial connect sequence and error processing.
* Recognize folders without folder markers in Amazon S3.
* Fix Amazon S3 reconnect sequence and error processing.
* Fix old-new rounded time shift processing, applies only to FTP.
* Fix selection of the correct job when called from RoboForm.
* Do no read embedded states on read-only sides of the job.
* When doing Reset State, delete embedded state files too.
* Add command line options /userid1 /userid2 /password1 /password2.
* Localize more strings that appear in the log file.
* AutoUpdate for 64-bit version downloads 64-but installer, not 32-bit.
* Fix reading of jobs.tic when upgrading from ver 6.1.0 and older.
* Fix activation error messages in non-English languages.
* Fix crash caused by dependent job interaction.
* More detailed logging to the global GoodSync log.
* Add command line options for new General and Auto options.
* Fix crash when turning sync direction that causes delete of excluded folders.
* Fix Browse dialog not working for Windows Mobile devices.
* Do not automatically turn %NN sequences into character in Browse dialog.
* Fix Connected to Disconnected transition processing in On Folder Connect.
* Fix: if two jobs are started at the same time by Scheduler, only one of them runs.
* Fixed crashes caused by dependent job removing file tree of this job.
* Fix problems in closing folder logs.
* Add Swedish user interface localization.
* Revive Case-Sensitive File/Folder Names option. It is On by default now,
but you can turn it off if you want case-insensitive name matching.
* Fix New Version notifications, they were broken since ver 7.5.0.
* Fix deleting excluded files and folders when folders above them is deleted.
* Resolve 'different file yet same generations' conflict as a weak conflict.
* Fix copying locked files in 64-bit Windows using Shadow Copy Service.
* Show progress of assembling ZIP file for Ticket and Crash reporting.
* If options.tic becomes corrupted, rename it so that GoodSync can start.
* Fix Browse dialog navigation when UserID and/or Password are entered into URL.
* Do not show many similar errors / warnings in Analyze, show only the first 3.
* Add Copy/Paste between Include/Exclude filter lines.
* Clone Job adds the job after the current job, not at the end.
* Fix Processor usage jumps every 10 sec in WMI when On Folder Connect is On.
* Fix Pure Virtual Error that was happening when auto job finished in logged off state.
* Clean up old job log files, leave only FolderActions log for last two months.
* Speed up Sync of large number of small items by not showing every synced item in Log Window. The sync log itself still shows all synced items.
* Enable Reconnect job option by default.
* Fix bug in time translation for remote file systems, it could result in uploaded files syncing back to source.
* In left-right time shift resolution give preference to NTFS file system over FAT.
* Add buffer size option. Using longer buffers may speed up SFTP.
* Fix resolution of %VARIABLE% in DAV urls.
* Show terminal errors in Analyze and Sync as red text.
* Speed up Post Processing.
* Fix remote file system reconnection problems.
* Store SFTP host keys in GoodSync registry, allow host keys to change.
* Fix generation comparison algorithm.
* Add 64-bit GoodSync version for 64-bit Windows.
* Add Reconnect option to job. It automatically reconnects jobs folders upon disconnect.
* Make all jobs case-sensitive, automatically resolve easy file name case conflicts.
* Rewrite Include/Exclude Filters, make it easier to use.
* Automatically resolve weak conflicts caused by non-matching non-intersecting generations.
* Display and propagate folder creation date, not folder modification date.
* Add version to the state file, so that old ver GoodSync can detect new state file that it cannot parse.
* Improve SFTP cleanup on loss of connection.
* Implement Embedded State: When we encounter _gsdata_ inside left/right job folders, read state from it and let it override the root state. When we save state, also save modified state both to internal states (for their subset of the tree) and to the external root state.
* Command line options /miniwin and /forceminiwin and /forcetray added.
* Fix incorrect status message after Analyze with changes.
* Fix not showing free space estimate after Analyze.
* Make Connecting... progress message show before Connect starts.
* Add file system for Amazon S3 online storage, it uses prefix http://s3.amazonaws.com.
* Speed up GUI and decrease its memory requirement: do not use heavy frameworks.
* Add Mini Mode -- a small windows that shows status of all running jobs.
* Implement case sensitive file and folder name lookup. You really need it for non-Windows network file systems such as FTP, SFTP, DAV. On Windows file system it allow to propagate file renames that change only case. All new jobs are case sensitive, existing job remain case insensitive.
* Perform file deletes before file copy operations, to decrease free disk space requirement.
* Change file generation storage to allow for easier recovery from lost state.
* Old-New time shifts are now recognized as No-Change, so they do not initiate any copy operations.
* Reduce memory requirements to about 400 bytes per file or folder.
* Fix time comparison in filters.
* Add range operations to filters: time[t1,t2] means t1 <= time < t2, size[s1,s2] means s1 <= size < s2.
* Single click in Job List pane makes the job current, not double click as before.
* Fix Job List selection using Shift + Up/Down or PgUp/Down.
* Now transfer of individual large file can be Paused.
* Change default 1-way job type from Verified to Forced.
* Make GoodSync Windows Mobile file system work with ActiveSync 3.7 and 3.8, it required ver 4 or newer.
* Fix entering FTP password on Japanese computers.
* Fix after-sync integration with RoboForm where GoodSync asks RF to refresh data.
* Update tree on manual file/folder delete.
* Show Job state and progress in LastRunTime column of Job List pane.
* Show GS version and status of last busy job in tray Tooltip.
* Exclude items based on old state only if it is Filled in the old state.
* Delete File Tree upon folder disconnect if On Folder Connect option is On.
* Add size/time-based exclude/include filters: size<N size>N size=N size!=N size>=N size<=N where N is a number, possibly with K (Kilo) or M (Mega) suffix; time<N time>N time=N time!=N time>=N time<=N where N is date in YYYY/MM/DD format or +Nd (N days ahead) or -Nd (N days ago).
* Add option to exclude subfolders: <subfolder> in exclude filter lines.
* Special variables %DD% %MM% %YYYY% in folder paths are replaced with today's day, month, year.
* Do not diagnose change of source sync file between Analyze and Sync as error, just use the new state.
* Do not delete Sync tree when On Folder Connect checks the connection.
* Read-only source side now does not check for job tags.
* More fixes for Copy Locked Files on Vista and XP.
* Make Copy Locked Files work on Vista.
* Make WebDAV servers mounted as network shares sync correctly.
* Fix column width problem in Job List pane.
* Fix unnecessary showing of help tooltips.
* Fix uncaught C++ exceptions.
* Set 'Accessible to Everyone' permission on _gsdata_ folder.
* Improve Sync error processing.
* Add job option to Copy Locked Files using Volume Shadow Service.
* Add Export and Import of Job List to *.gsl files.
* Add Cut and Paste to Job List pane, to easily move jobs.
* Allow drag-and-drop reordering of jobs in Job List pane.
* Assign F10 key to Analyze and Sync All, F9 key to Analyze and Sync This Job.
* Fix closing sequence of GoodSync, it could cause GoodSync.exe to remain when all windows are closed.
* Fix On Folder Connect auto-sync.
* Add Analyze And Sync command, it analyzes and then syncs one job.
* If ReadOnlySource option is specified then maintain state for the read-only folder separately from the folder, in GoodSync's AppData. This allows us to propagate deletions originated at read-only folders.
* Maintain one log per sync folder, this logs shows complete history of all changes done by GoodSync's various jobs to this folder. Log files are now named FolderLog-YYYY-MM.log.
* Split Open Log command into Open Left Log and Open Right Log.
* When creating a ZIP file for ticket, include all folder logs.
* Make 1-way jobs turn CopyTime and CopyState actions in the preferred direction too.
* More fixes to SFTP disconnect and error handling.
* Fix display of job state icons.
* Add Auto option On Folder Connect that replaces options On Insert, On Network Connect, On Phone Connect. This option would start Analyze (Sync) when both folders appear.
* Track the item being Synced in the file tree, can be turned off.
* Add Auto Status column to Job List pane.
* Detect vertical conflicts between folder deletion and file copy.
* Fix SFTP protocol processing of server disconnects.
* Fix WebDAV protocol interaction with IIS 7 server.
* Add auto-start of Analyze and Sync on Network Connect.
* Replace modal error messages with red non-modal messages in the status area.
* Show dynamic Free Disk space during Sync.
* Show and log elapsed time of Analyze and Sync.
* Fix non-saving of global program options in some cases.
* Allow DAV server redirects.
* Improve time shift detection and time mapping for FTP servers.
* Add option to use (or not) MDTM command to get exact file modification time from FTP server.
* Add workarounds for bugs of MS IIS FTP server.
* Make Include of folder by exact path not include unrelated folders.
* Add context menu command to include selected folders and files only.
* Fix Browse of paths with %VARIABLE%.
* Add syncing with Windows Mobile phones and Pocket PC devices.
* Add Pause/Resume button when Analyze or Sync are running.
* Add Copy Time LtoR and RtoL operations that copy file modification time but not the file itself.
* Time shifts are now correctly processed in FTP and WebDAV (time translation FS).
* Use MDTM FTP command to get and set exact file modification time.
* Allow changing of CopyState action direction by user.
* Add View Same Length Different Time, on which Copy Time operation can be used.
* Implement Multi-Select for file tree items.
* Update the manual to include Windows Mobile, better command and action list.
* Declare resolvable file/folder conflicts when one of the items is deleted.
* Improve processing of terminal errors on Analyze and Sync.
* Add more command line options.
* Expand the manual to include Local and Remote File Systems.
* Diagnose creating two files that have the same 8.3 name in FAT.
* Make DAV sync work with MS IIS server and (Windows Server, SharePoint).
* Make DAV work with iDisk.com server by Apple.
* Make Job Tags work when %VAR% is present in paths.
* Parse user name and password entered in URL and move them to secret fields.
* Fix include/exclude filters for top level items.
* Add My Documents to My Computer tab of Browse dialog.
* New Job wizard that requests Sync / Backup job type.
* Estimate free space needed on both sides to complete Sync.
* Allow storing of password for private key of SFTP in Browse dialog.
* Add Active FTP Mode, to be used if default Passive mode does not work.
* Add detection of file links on FTP servers.
* Show hidden folder in Browse dialog.
* Speed up FTP and other Remote FS by doing less verification.
* Add option Check Analyze-Sync File Stability that controls verifications.
* Show estimation of space required to complete Sync.
* New Browse dialog to set sync folders for all file systems.
* Auto hide View buttons when they do not fit.
* Show hidden files in FTP file system.
* Fix SSH Authentication exchange in SFTP.
* New Browse dialog that shows folder tree for all file systems (Windows, FTP, WebDAV).
* Improve ReadOnlySource option, require it for read-only folders.
* Make context menu Delete work for all file systems.
* Add command Delete Backup Copies.
* Download remote file when doing File Compare.
* Put View -> All button next to other main view buttons.
* Make View -> All also show Excluded items.
* Add View -> Included to show only included items.
* Add Exclude System Files and Exclude Hidden Files to Options -> Filters.
* Add commands to Clone and Swap jobs.
* Fix time shift processing, it could result in not detecting differences.
* Do NOT scan excluded folders anymore, propagation of deletion of excluded files in deleted folders still works.
* Improve integrity of saving state file.
* Do not show Excluded items in Errors view.
* Log conflicts and analyze errors in the Job log.
* Issue a conflict if older file will overwrite newer file.
* Do not designate Analyze-time error as conflict.
* Make Set Username/Password work for Local file system.
* Add syncing with FTP and WebDAV servers.
* Add syncing with servers over Secure FTP (SFTP).
* Selection of file system is done by Browse/Edit button to the left of folder path.
* Network Shares and FTP/WebDAV userids and passwords are stored in garbled form.
* Make 2-way sync work in FTP/WebDAV in spite of its inability to copy file modification date.
* Remove 256 character limitation for file path, now the limit is 32K characters.
* Add Job List pane (View -> Job List) from which several jobs can be started.
Just select several jobs, right click and choose Analyze or Sync.
* Reduce per-folder memory requirements, so now 1M folders can be synced.
* Improve handling of time shifts caused by daylight savings time.
* Change GUI updates to be every second and not every N files.
* When file tree is more than 500 items, expand first 500 items.
* Add command line options /save-disposed-files and /temp-dest-file.
* Add option to 1-way jobs: "Read-Only Source Side". If on, do not write any files to Source Side of the job.
* Add languages: Bulgarian, Greek, Icelandic.
* Improve Activation Via Browser dialog.
* Add ALT+C and ESC shortcuts for Cancel Analyze/Sync command.
* Write global log to "Application Data\GoodSync" folder, not to temp folder.
* Move Errors view button to the front, move All view button into Other.
* Better and faster version checking.
* Allow specifying proxies when doing activation at install time.
* Make GoodSync work with Web Drive and Net Drive remote file systems.
* Improve _gsdata_ folder creation sequence.
* Implement transactional saving of the state file.
* New main icon.
* Add more command line options, rename some options.
* Remove excessive log levels, now it is only 4 levels.
* New manual that describes all Job and Program Options, command line.
* Add option to job options: Scan Excluded Folders.
* Do not memorize minimized and invisible status when GoodSync is closed.
* Add detailed help tooltips and Job and Program Options.
* Add option: Create left/right Sync folders if they are not found.
* Keep all excluded files in the folder tree where they can be viewed using View -> Excluded.
* Rename and fix option Exclude Empty Folders.
* Change trial rules to: trial status remains for 10 days of use or 30 days after install, whichever lasts longer.
* Automatically delete abandoned Sync lock files.
* Add option to turn off Job Tags.
* Add Views for Left to Right only, Right to Left only and Deleted Only.
* Add View for Excluded files and folders.
* Sync on Logoff checks and resets AutoEndTasks windows option.
* User can switch Jobs while Job -> Options dialog is shown. Options dialog switches to the current Job.
* Expand environment variables %VARIABLE% in folder paths. Example: %USERPROFILE% is resolved to user profile path.
* Show Job progress for jobs run on Logoff.
* Make command-line "sync" command perform Analyze and Sync.
* File Copy can be interrupted, no waiting till it ends.
* Show Time Remaining and Transfer Speed.
* Add Windows menu that lists all Job windows.
* Implement Job Templates which may be used to set default Job options when adding a New Job.
* Add option that controls display of balloon messages.
* Add 'Analyze And Sync All' command.
* Add option to Resolve Conflicts Automatically.
* Add option not to sync Empty Folders.
* Add option not to copy to temp file first, it saves disk space on small drives.
* Speed up syncing by sending fewer update messages to GUI.
* Perform jobs auto-started from one drive by On Insert option sequentially.
* Implement RoboForm - GoodSync integration:
* (i) Command Sync RoboForm Data that calls GoodSync to sync RF data with backup/portable folder.
* (ii) When GoodSync finishes syncing, it calls RoboForm to re-read new passcards.
* (iii) If GoodSync is not installed, Sync RoboForm Data offers to install GoodSync.
* Add option to close all running jobs when GoodSync is being closed.
* Improve wording, reduce options in Pro Activation Dialog.
* Installer now requests UI language and applies it to GoodSync UI.
* Fix direction determination for new (stateless) files.
* Save jobs.tic in open text format (not garbled as before).
* Save previous job settings in jobs.tic.bak.
* Replace Delete to Recycle Bin option with Backup to _gsdata_\_saved_ folder.
* Detect changes made after Analyze and offer to Re-Analyze.
* Make Sync invalidate results of Analyze for dependent jobs.
* Fix conflicts caused by different exclusions for the same folder.
* Add help balloons for new users.
* AutoComplete for file paths.
* Warn user about conflicting jobs, the ones that have intersecting folders.
* Add global exclusions for RoboForm files license.rfo, mru.rfo, cache.rfo.
* Add AutoUpdate that notifies about new GoodSync versions.
* Job Log now contains Job options and reason for starting.
* Improve time shift processing, show time shifted files in View.
* Store file _file_state._gs in new folder _gsdata_ create in sync folder.
* Write log of analysis and sync operations to _gsdata_ folder.
* New Activation Wizard: add offline activations.
* Add activation from batch of orders.
* Added activation on install from command line arguments.
* Login request for password-protected network shares.
* Command-line options for one-way sync and propagate deletions.
* Add interface to Task Scheduler in Job -> Options -> Auto.
* Improve progress messages and status updating.
* Add One Way Sync option.
* Add option to turn off Propagation of Deletions.
* Add new Version Check.
* Added German and Italian UI localizations.
It greatly improves convenience and speed of the program.
* User Interface is much faster as it not based on HTML.
* Tree of files is shown as a scrollable Tree, not as unscrollable List.
* Name of each file is shown only once, not twice.
* File Tree can be viewed in one of 4 projections: Changes Only, Conflicts Only, All Files, Files with Errors.
* Progress bar is shown for all operations.
* State file is compressed, so reading and writing it is much faster.
* Command-line interface is available.
* Show Summary of Folder: count of files copied L->R and R->L.
* Jobs can be reordered by Drag and Drop.
* Synchronize on Logoff option.
* Save internal state files when we finish syncing in folder, not at the end of the job.
* Locking sync folders for remote file systems, so that two jobs do not sync the same folder simultaneously.
* Show free space quota on RoboForm Online DAV server.
Version 7.0.1 (Major New Release)
Version 6.3.5 -- Last Stable Release in Ver 6
* Add Job Tags: GoodSync places a unique file into _gsdata_ folder on both sides of the job when first Sync is run. Later, if job tags are present, it verifies that they are the same as it was originally recorded in the Job. Automated Sync will not run if tags in the job and folders do not match. This prevents syncing with the wrong folder that was mounted in place of the right folder, which may happen with portable drives.
* Lock Files: place lock file (*.gsl) into _gsdata_ folder on both sides of the job when Sync is running. Do not allow other jobs to Analyze or Sync folders that contain *.gsl lock files. This preserves file and sync integrity.
* Speed up analysis and reduce memory requirements.
Million File Sync Challenge. With recent optimizations GoodSync can synchronize two folder trees with 1 million files in each folder and use only 1 Gb of main memory for analysis. Can your synchronizer do that?
GoodSync V6 is a complete rewrite of GoodSync.