GoodSync for Amazon S3
GoodSync supports backups and syncs between computers and Amazon S3, one of Amazon's options for online file storage. This is a great way for GoodSync users to store their data online or for Amazon S3 users to take advantage of GoodSync's power and flexibility when syncing files between their desktops and the cloud.
How to Sync via Amazon S3
- Start GoodSync and click Please click here to select Folder on the Left.
Once the Browse dialog appears, click Amazon S3.
- Enter your Access Key ID and Secret Key from your Amazon S3 account and click Go (top right).
- Once the folders from your Amazon S3 account appear, select the destination folder where you would like to backup/sync with.
Please ensure that your job type is correct. Go to Job > Options > (Job Type)
Left to Right backup (1-Way)
Right to Left backup (1-Way)
- Start the sync/backup process by clicking the Analyze button.
- Examine the file copy actions that Analyze proposes and make sure they are correct.
- Click the Sync button to complete the proposed changes.