GoodSync for Backblaze B2 Cloud
GoodSync supports backups and syncs between computers and Backblaze B2 Cloud storage. This is a great way for GoodSync users to store their data online (or “in the cloud”) or for Backblaze B2 users to take advantage of GoodSync's power and flexibility when syncing files between their desktops, and the cloud.
Note: Only Backblaze for Business can be used with GoodSync.
How to Sync via Backblaze B2 Cloud
- Start GoodSync and click Please click here to select Folder on the Left.
Once the Browse dialog appears, click Backblaze B2.
- Next, login into your B2 Cloud account to get your Account ID and create a B2 Application Key. Sign in to your Backblaze B2 Cloud Account.
- Click “Show Account ID and Application Key”. An ID will appear for you to copy and paste in to the GoodSync Account ID field. Then select Create application Key, likewise this should be copied and pasted into the B2 Application key field in the GoodSync Window and select Go.
- You have now authenticated your account and should see your folders in your B2 Cloud Account through GoodSync folder tree.
- Select “Please click here to select folder” on the Right to select the destination folder where you would like to backup/sync to and select Ok.
Please ensure that your job type is correct. Go to Job > Options > (Job Type)
Left to Right backup (1-Way)
Right to Left backup (1-Way)
- Start the sync/backup process by clicking the Analyze button.
- Examine the file copy actions that Analyze proposes and make sure they are correct.
Click the Sync button to complete the proposed changes.