GoodSync for Dropbox
GoodSync supports backups and syncs between computers and Dropbox, one of the most popular solutions for online storage. This is a great way for GoodSync users to store their data online (or “in the cloud”) or for Dropbox users to take advantage of GoodSync's power and flexibility when syncing files between their desktops and the cloud.
How to Sync via Dropbox
- Start GoodSync and click Please click here to select Folder on the Left.
Once the Browse dialog appears, click Dropbox.
- Next, click the Servers button next to the password field. Note the URL at the top of the popup: dropbox://api.dropbox.com. Make sure that it is entered exactly like
Your browser will now open. Login to your Dropbox account (if you aren’t already), then Click Allow to agree to let
the software interact with Dropbox.
- Return to your GoodSync software. You should now see your Dropbox account Display name, along with your Dropbox Folders. Note the new address at the top: dropbox://api.dropbox.com.
- Select the folder that you want to backup or sync. Click OK.
Click Browse on the Right and select the local folder with which you’d like to backup or sync your selected Dropbox folder.
*Note: If you want to backup instead of sync (sync is the default), first select Job > Options > 1- Way Left to Right, and then continue with Step 8.
- Start the sync/backup process by clicking Analyze.
- Click Sync to complete your sync/backup.