GoodSync for FTP/SFTP Server
The following information will guide you on how to properly setup a sync or backup with an FTP or Secure FTP (SFTP) server.
Note: You will need the following information for the FTP or SFTP location you want to sync with or backup to:
- Server Name
- Login User name and Password
- Private Key (optional) for SFTP
- Start GoodSync and click Please click here to select Folder on the Left.
- Once the Browse dialog appears, you can click either FTP or SFTP on the left, depending on which type you want to use. If you are uncertain of which to choose, we suggest selecting the FTP option.
- Enter the server name into the Address field in the format: ftp://domain.com (or for SecureFTP, enter: sftp://domain.com)
Enter your User name and Password for the server in the specified fields, then click the Go button on the top right.
OPTIONAL: For SecureFTP users you can use your Private Key instead of the Password if you have this setup previously, and enter the key file's location in the \"Private Key\" box
- Once the folders on FTP server appear, select the folder which you would like to synchronize with or back up to.
- Once you have selected the location, click OK.
- Select “Please click here to select folder” on the Right to select the destination folder where you would like to backup/sync to and select Ok.
Please ensure that your job type is correct. Go to Job > Options > (Job Type)
Left to Right backup (1-Way)
Right to Left backup (1-Way)
- Start the sync/backup process by clicking the Analyze button.
- Examine the file copy actions that Analyze proposes and make sure they are correct.
- Click the Sync button to complete the proposed changes.