GoodSync Connect Tutorial (for Mac)
- Download the latest version of GoodSync for Mac and open the file.
Drag the GoodSync icon to the Applications shortcut.
Click on the GoodSync icon in Applications to open GoodSync.
When you open the app for the first time the GoodSync Connect Setup dialog box will be opened. If you wish to be able to sync your computers directly over the Internet, you will need to connect the computers by using GoodSync Connect account. Choose Connect my computers using GoodSync Connect option.
Next, choose Create GoodSync Connect Account to setup a new account or Use my existing GoodSync Connect Account if you already have an account.
Create a New GoodSync Connect Account:
In the Computer ID field, create a name for the computer that you are using. Select a unique User ID and Password for this account and enter your Name and Email to register the account. You will need to remember this User ID and Password as you will be required to enter it on other computers that you wish to connect to your GoodSync Connect account. Select Next.
You've now created your GoodSync Connect account.
How to Connect and Sync your other computers using your GoodSync Connect account.
Install the latest version of GoodSync on other computers and connect them to the same GoodSync Connect account:
- Choose Connect my computers using GoodSync Connect option.
- Next, choose I have a GoodSync Connect Account option and enter the User ID and password for your GoodSync Connect account and click the Login button.
Setup a New Job
- Select a folder on a remote computer in Choose folder dialog click on the GoodSync Connect tab, enter your User ID and password for your GoodSync Connect account to see a list of your computers that are available for syncing.
- Choose the computer you want to sync with and the directories and/or files you wish to sync.
- Click Analyze to see a list of files that will sync.
- Click Sync to sync those files.
You have now setup a new job to sync two computers using GoodSync Connect. To sync additional computers just setup a new Job and repeat the steps above.