How To Sync/Back up Thunderbird Files
Mozilla Thunderbird stores all of your personal data and settings, such as your mail, passwords and extensions, in a profile. GoodSync can perform backups (1-way syncs) and limited 2-way syncs of this profile data. Read More.
The following information will guide you on how to properly setup a sync or backup of your Thunderbird data:
- To perform a sync or backup of Thunderbird data, Thunderbird must be closed.
- XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Local Settings\ Application Data\ Thunderbird\ Profiles
- Vista/Win7: C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\ Roaming\ Thunderbird\ Profiles
- Mac OS X: ~/Library/ Thunderbird/ Profiles
- Linux: ~/.thunderbird
- Click Browse on the right side, selecting the folder where you would like to back up to or sync with.
- Make sure that your job direction is what you really want: Go to Job > Options > 1 - Way Left to Right to backup or Job > Options > 2 - Way to sync.
- Start the sync/backup process by clicking the Analyze button.
- Examine the file copy actions that Analyze proposes and make sure they are what you want.
- Click the Sync button to enact the proposed changes.
Note: When using the Sync method, don't leave Thunderbird running on multiple computers at the same time, and Sync before switching to another computer, or you may encounter conflicts during the next sync.