How to Sync
Sync Direct P2P
Sync With The Cloud
Sync With Devices
How To Sync/Back up QuickBooks Files
GoodSync can perform backups (1-way syncs) and limited 2-way syncs of QuickBooks data. Read More.
The following information will guide you on how to properly setup a backup of your QuickBooks data:
- QuickBooks stores all company data in one file named CompanyName.QBW. In addition, QuickBooks also holds a backup of files and keeps it in file CompanyName.QBB. We recommend to perform Quick Books back up operation first. It validates data stored in *.QBW file and copies to *.QBB file.
- QuickBooks must be closed before you start the sync or backup.
- Start GoodSync and click Browse on the left side and select the folder that contains QuickBooks *.QBW and *.QBB files to sync or back up.
- Click Browse on the right side to select folder to sync with or back up to.
- Make sure that job direction is what you want: Go to Job > Options > 1- Way Left to Right to backup or Job > Options > 2 - Way to sync.
- Start the sync/backup process by clicking the Analyze button.
- Examine the file copy actions that Analyze proposes and make sure they are what you want.
- Click the Sync button to commit the proposed changes.