How to Sync
Sync Direct P2P
Sync With The Cloud
Sync With Devices
How To Sync/Back up Quicken Files
GoodSync can perform backups (1-way syncs) and limited 2-way syncs of Quicken data. Read More.
The following information will guide you on how to properly setup a backup of your Quicken data:
- Quicken must be closed before you start the sync or backup.
Click Browse on the left side, and select the Quicken location which holds Quicken data files. Default Quicken data files location:
- XP: C:\ Documents and Settings\ <User Name>\ My Documents\ Quicken\
- Vista: C:\Users\ <User Name>\ Documents\ Quicken\
- Mac OS X: /Users/ <User Name>/ Documents/ Quicken Data.qdfm/
- Click Browse on the right side, and choose where you want to sync or back up to.
- Make sure that job direction is what you want: Go to Job > Options > 1- Way Left to Right to backup or Job > Options > 2 - Way to sync.
- Start the sync/backup process by clicking the Analyze button.
- Examine the file copy actions that Analyze proposes and make sure they are what you want.
- Click the Sync button to enact the proposed changes.