GoodSync for Western Digital MyCloud NAS
GoodSync Server can be installed directly on a NAS device.
It serves files to GoodSync clients in a fast and efficient manner:
* you do not need a separate computer to get to files on NAS via SMB,
* block-level delta copy works properly,
* upload and download are much faster as there is no SMB overhead.
This is for advanced users only, as it requires using command line and root access.
SSH login to your WD NAS as root.
Download self-extracting package of GoodSync Server:
wget https:// www.goodsync.com/ download/ goodsync-linux-armv5_marvell-release.run
Run the downloaded installer:
Use the following recommended settings:
* Installation directory should be on one of the HDD /volumes, not /usr/bin
* Server resource directory can be the same as installation directory
* Answer "y" to "Enable GsServer Web UI on port 11000"
* Server log directory should be on one of the HDD /volumes to avoid free space issues
Enter your GoodSync Connect account UserId and Password, when requested.
If you do not have such account yet, you can create it (for free)
in Desktop version of GoodSync, using 'Tools -> GoodSync Connect Setup'.
GoodSync Server on WD NAS should now become visible to GoodSync and GoodSync Explorer.
You can change GsServer settings after installation by browsing to
Use your GoodSync Connect credentials to log in.
Installer may fail to update-rc.d if you are running Busybox-based firmware.
In this case use the following command to start GsServer manually: