GoodSync Licensing FAQ
Q: How many GoodSync licenses do I need?
A: You need one license per computer on which GoodSync is installed.
(1) If you use GoodSync Connect to sync your computers then you install GoodSync on every computer that you sync, so you will need one license per computer you sync.
Note that GoodSync Connect syncs files in a peer-to-peer way, without using 3rd party servers.
(2) If you sync with servers that have no GoodSync installed on them (such as FTP, SMB, SFTP, DAV, Google Docs, Amazom S3) then GoodSync license is required only for your computer.
Q: How much does it cost to upgrade GoodSync from ver 9 to ver 10?
A1: If you bought GoodSync before January 1st, 2015 then you can upgrade your current licenses at a discount.
Click here to upgrade your licenses.
A2: If you purchased GoodSync 9 on or after January 1st, 2015 then upgrade is free:
Click here if you are eligible for a free conversion.
Q: What are the free version limitations?
A: These can be found on our Free vs. Pro page.
Q: What is the difference between GoodSync and GoodSync2Go?
A: GoodSync2Go runs on a USB drive, which allows it to be used on more than one machine with a single license. However, it is subject to some serious limitations due to not being installed on the computer. For details see the GoodSync2Go manual.
Q: Can I purchase an additional GoodSync license for a discounted price?
A: Yes, you can. To purchase additional licenses for a discounted price:
* Go to http://upgrade.goodsync.com
* Select type of license you will be buying
* Enter the Name and OrderID from your previous order and click "Submit."
* Enter the number of additional licenses you wish to purchase.
* Click "Continue" to proceed with the order.