GoodSync Licensing FAQ
Q: New Licensing System, or How do I find my list of Licenses?
A: Now all licensing is done via GoodSync Account.
* Licenses and Devices are kept in GoodSync Account.
* Licenses get into Account when you buy them (same email as Account), or you can add them by OrderID.
* Devices (Desktop) get into Account when you run command on Device: Tools -> GoodSync Account Setup.
* Devices (NAS) get into Account when you run enroll them into Account on Initial Setup.
* License is Activated on Device (assigned to Device) when you run command on Device: Help -> Activate.
* Devices and Licenses can be viewed and maintained in GoodSync Account: LOGIN HERE.
* If you do not yet have GoodSync Account: CREATE IT HERE for free.
* Maintenance of Devices includes removing old and unused Devices, which would free their licenses.
* GoodSync RealDisk Online Storage is requested and maintained in GoodSync Account.
Q: How many GoodSync licenses do I need?
A: You need one GS-V11 and up license per Device, be it Windows computer, Mac computer, or NAS / Linux.
One Ver 11 and up purchase gives you 5 licenses, that would cover up to 5 Devices.
Q: How do I activate License on a Device?
A: Enroll your Device (Computer) into GoodSync Account, then select Activate command:
On Windows: start GoodSync, select Tools -> GoodSync Account Setup, select Help -> Activate License.
On MacOS: start GoodSync, select GoodSync -> GoodSync Account Setup, select Help -> Activate License.
On NAS: in your browser go to http://local-nas-ip-addr:11000 and Initial Setup enrolls your NAS into Account.
On Linux: run 'gsync /gs-account-enroll=GoodSyncAcctEmail', then run 'gsync /activate'.
Q: What happens if I need to run GoodSync on more than 5 devices?
A: First 5 devices are covered by the Initial license purchased for GoodSync Account.
Each device above the initial 5 requires one License per Device.
Q: How is GoodSync RealDisk Online Storage licensed?
A: You need GoodSync Account, if you want to use GoodSync RealDisk Online Storage.
You can buy an annual or monthly license for storage.
Free trial of 10 Gb and 100 Gb storage is provided, for a period not to exceed 30 days.
Q: Can I upgrade license from ver 10 to ver 11 for free?
A: Login into GoodSync Account and go to License tab.
If your Account is eligible for free upgrade, a link will be shown to that effect in the License tab.
If you do not have GoodSync Account, Create GoodSync Account and add your existing licenses to it.
Q: What are the free version limitations?
A: These can be found on our Free vs. Pro page.
Q: Can I still use GoodSync2Go with Ver 12 license?
A: GoodSync2Go Ver 12 requires a special GoodSync2Go license.
You should use it only when you can GoodSync executable on a computer,
but you cannot install regular GoodSync on it.