Version 10.9.0 May 15, 2018
* Gs-Server: get rid of internal file:// in URL pointing to gs-server, so that
gstp://comp.user.goodsync/file:///disk/folder becomes gstp://comp.user.goodsync/disk/folder
* Browse Dlg: Fixed checking for GSTP computer being local, when GS offers to change to Local FS.
* Browse Dlg + Side Options: Fixed Side Options do not change when sync folder changes in Browse dlg.
* Side Options: Allow turning Off Use Temp Files option for Local FS, as in rare cases it may not have MoveFile.
* Do not Delete Dest file on Direct Upload only when both RecycleBin and History are turned off.
* Sync Scripts: Do not Call Script / Send Email after Analyze that ended with Wait for User.
* Windows FS + SMB: Fixed resolution of SMB paths that are used in Local FS.
* Amazon CD: Retry on Error 502 Bad Gateway, returned by ACD server.
* Encrypted FS: Implemeted GetFileOwner(), GetFileOwnerACL(), SetFileOwnerACL().
* TLS/SSL: updated list of valid root certificates and Certificate Authorities.
* Gs-Server Web UI: Fixed logout did not cause forgetting credentials in the browser.
* DE and AR localization updated.
Version 10.8.9 May 08, 2018
* Encryption Side Option: Merge Encrypt Names/Bodies into one option.
* Encryption Side Option: Added Test Encryption button, to test Encryption Password on folder.
* Encryption Side Option: Added Empty Sync Folder button, to wipeout folder when Encryption changes.
* Encrypted File System: Added conveyerization to it, so that it can upload much faster.
* Side Option FAT-like: Show it for GSTP file systems too, as FAT may be hiding behind GSTP.
* GSTP server + Home FS: Make Folders grow directly from GSTP server, without qhome:// FS and Server S0.
* Sharing + Forwarder: Make Sharing work via Forwarders.
* Sharing: Fixed folder list when Grantor's server is presented as two different servers to Grantee.
* Azure FS: Not Found in ConnectFS is now ignored, not a real error.
* Installer: Add Marker to all dialogs and message boxes, so that they can be closed by Installer.
* File Upload: If destination file system is atomic, do not delete destination file before upload.
* Side Options: Use Temp Files: Make this option always On for Local File System.
* MS Graph: Added ability to address sites and sub-sites by name.
* Browse Dialog: Reorder file systems, hide old and unused file systems.
Version 10.8.8 Apr 30, 2018
* SFTP: Major Speedup of Uploads, up to 20 times faster on fast networks.
* SFTP: Added support for ECDSA host key algorithms, such as SSH-ED25519.
* Sharing: Fixed drilling into shares where server name seen by Grantee differs from Grantor's name.
* File Open: Fixed files were not open in GS Explorer from Sync tree.
* Sockets: speed up socket upload and download on high speed networks.
* MS Graph: Added option "Request Group.All.Read scope", off by default.
* MS Graph: Added Region option for National Clouds: US govt, DE, CN.
* MS Graph: miscellaneous bug fixes and speed improvements.
* S3 DreamHost: Allow parts upload on DreamHost, they finally implemented it.
* Get/Set ACL GSTP: Send ACL in the HTTP body which can handle newlines in ACL.
* gsync, gscp, gs-server: get rid of extra newline in console output.
* gs-server: Allow only TLS 1.2, enable ECDH and show three strong cipher suites by default.
Version 10.8.6 Apr 15, 2018
* MS Graph: many changes in browsing, show all Sites and Drives.
* MS Graph: Acquire Group.Read.All and Sites.ReadWrite.All permissions, to see Sites.
* MS Graph: Add icon and description, fixed several bugs.
* S3: V4 auth: Escape : and * too, or we get signature errors.
* GoodSync2Go: Fixed GoodSync2Go.bat file did not start EXE on 32-bit system.
* File Monitoring: Do Monitoring only for Local/Net file systems, not for remote systems.
* Device ID: fixed corrupted device id sent for non-latin computer names.
* Thousands Separator: Fixed adding , or . separator in case of non-standard Number Format.
* Crash Catcher: Do not report exception that we caught, if we could not walk the stack.
* gsync and other console apps: Make them show foreign characters.
* Filters: fixed bugs in handling Absolute Include filters.
* CC Runner: Do not log sensitive info, such as passwords.
* gsync: Fixed /oauth option not working.
* gscp: Add handling of /profile= and logging command line options.
Version 10.8.4 Apr 09, 2018
* MS Graph: Added new file system for Microsoft Drive, based on new MS Graph API.
* MS Graph: This is Experimental Beta release, less subject to Error 429 though.
* Amazon S3: Fixed getting location of bucket for URL-based scheme, could cause infinite recursion.
* Amazon S3: Us Govt Cloud: Always use region us-gov-west-1 for it.
* Amazon S3: Now always use V4 auth (AWS4-HMAC-SHA256) headers.
* Backblaze B2: fixed progress indication in upload of large files.
* Deduplication + GSTP: Fixed download of dedup file from GSTP was showing it of zero size.
* Do not allow Limited User to use Elevation to get to folders that are forbidden to him.
* Account Manager: Do Not remove Accounts that have no File System for their URL.
* GoodSync2Go: Added 64-bit EXEs to files installed by GS2GO installer.
* GoodSync2Go: Store DeviceID in Profile/deviceid.tix on GS2Go disk.
* GoodSync2Go: improve folder structure, have only file GoodSync2Go.bat at the top that runs 32-bit or 64-bit.
* gs-server: Fixed Unique Server Id was not set sometimes, when gs-server started.
* gs-server: Improve startup and restart sequence.
* gsync: Get /profile= option before other options, so that commands are applied to the specified profile.
* LogViewer: Improve init sequence, write logs of LogViewer to log folder.
* Visual Sync Tree: Add File To Sync tree view that shows unsynced files, update it during Sync.
* Visual Sync Tree: Changes View shows Proposed Changes, that do not change as Sync progresses.
* Visual Sync Tree + AutoSync: Do not drop the tree after AutoSync finishes.
Version 10.8.2 Mar 23, 2018
* Auto-Install on Auto-Update: new scheme with Waiter process, provides instant restart.
* Auto-Install on Auto-Update: install it any time Jobs are not running, not just 3AM to 5AM.
* Auto-Install on Auto-Update: non-installer URLs now will all go to browser.
* De-Elevation after Installer: do not use Windows Tasks for it, use our own restart.
* Special Operations: fixed rare crashes caused by Spec Ops + Direction Change.
* Crash Catcher: do not catch exceptions not related to GoodSync.
* Sockets: fixed shutdown sequence for Listen sockets, fixes rare crashes.
* Accounts and Jobs Load: Fixed Import of Job that point to incorrect Account.
* Control Center Runner Installer: more fixes.
* Control Center Job Upload: Fixed Job Command line generator for several job options.
* SFTP: Added support for ECDH key exchange algorithms: firstname.lastname@example.org, ecdh-sha2-nistp256, ecdh-sha2-nistp384, ecdh-sha2-nistp521, diffie-hellman-group14-sha256, diffie-hellman-group16-sha512, diffie-hellman-group18-sha512.
Version 10.8.1 Mar 15, 2018
* SyncLib: optimize performance bottlenecks, so that it runs faster.
* ZipStream read/write: optimize performance bottlenecks, so that it runs faster.
* Crash Catcher: do not react to crashes that happen not on GoodSync stack.
* GSTP client: fixed crashes, if many clients Connect all at once.
* Sib-Socket Shutdown: fixed force shutdown did not cause effect on Linux.
* License: Added lock to reading and writing License file and registry.
* CC Runner Service Install: Remove NT Domain from SysUserID before using it.
* Account Manager: save copy of accounts-bookmarks.tic file after each migration.
* SyncLib: Delete all *._gstmp files if they are more than 24 hours old.
* Mediator: Disabled TLSv1, SSLv3, enabled ECDHE for better encryption.
* Google Drive: Fixed Make Folder in Browse Quick mode may cause cache problems.
Version 10.8.0 Mar 07, 2018
* Multiple Workers in SyncLib: Fixed crashes, caused by insufficient locking of Job Progress.
* On File Change: Fixed rare crashes when *.tmp file was encountered and deleted.
* Rewrote Crash Catcher, to catch more real crashes and fewer unrelated crashes.
* Optimization: Turned Off /O2 optimization in SyncLib And GsFileSys, as it prevents crash analysis.
* Generate SyncOp instead of New File Conflict, if non-intersecting L and R gen lists are far apart time-wise.
* On File Change: make Job wait 30 sec between Analyze and Sync, if Errors or Conflicts were detected.
* On File Change: make Job wait 30 sec after Sync, if User Stop was detected.
* Sync Tree Toolbar: Fixed Item counts were not updated when new tree is built by Analyze.
* Upload Jobs: Fixed Command Line errors in uploading jobs.
Version 10.7.9.7 Mar 02, 2018
* Google Drive: Introduce Quick Mode, used in Browse, so that Cache is initialized only in Analyze.
* Google Drive: Keep backup of disk cache file, use backup file in case primary file is damaged.
* Google Drive: do not send redirect_uri when refreshing Access Token, or else we get Error 400.
* Box.com: Rewrite listings to use marker pagination instead of offset pagination.
* Box.com: Skip over web_link items, they are not files or folders anyway.
* OAuth2 File Systems: retry connections on OAuth2 token refresh, to fix connection errors.
* On File Change: stop file upload when it has been change on source side.
* Progress: Reset Job Bytes and other progress items when Incremental Sync starts.
* SyncLib: Fixed file deletion was possible in GSTP jobs, when connection was lost during Analyze.
* gs-server: Make Mediator reg attempts more aggressive when Discovery starts.
* Proxy in Sockets: Fixed If Proxy Auto/Manual is Off, sometimes it was used if Proxy Host/Port were set.
* Gs-Server and Gs-Runner services were not reacting to Sleep, now they suspend when going to Sleep.
* Added command: Tools -> Upload Jobs to Control Center.
* Program Options -> Security: Added option: Accounts Encryption Password.
* CC Runner Installer: Added CL option for Accounts Encryption Password.
* CC Runner Installer: Added CL options for Mini Progress and Allow User To Exit.
* CC Runner: Added reaction to: Sleep, Wakeup, Logoff (End Session), WMI messages.
Version 10.7.8 Feb 19, 2018
* MS drive: Use new MS Graph for Discovery Service, as old OneDrive system stopped working with Error 401.
* MS drive: improve error messages when discovery fails, instead of showing dropped connection.
* gsync CL options: Move /override-locks from Run Options into Job Options (non-persistent).
* CC Runner: When installing CC Runner, set it to Start When Windows Starts, not GS GUI.
* Google Drive/Docs V3: Implement "delete" for files/folders that were shared with current user.
Version 10.7.7 Feb 13, 2018
* Google Docs: Added Google Docs file system with gdocs3:// prefix. It shows only Google Docs, not Files.
* Google Team Drive: Fixed changes.list parsing in case when Team Drive object itself is modified.
* Azure Files: Set root folder flags properly, so that top level folder cannot be used for sync.
* Browse Dialog: Allow Deleting Folder Bookmarks inside Accounts, not just whole Accounts.
* Browse Dialog: When Account has been deleted, set Current URL to previously seen account.
* CC Runner: When installing GoodSync by User then always reset EnterpriseRunnerConfig flag.
* Uninstaller: Fixes icon was not shown, could crash on Windows XP.
* SyncLib: Glue several Notes (Comments) together, separated by '; '.
* Sync Tree Direction User Change: Speed up processing, when many items are selected.
* Menus: Move New Job command from All menu to Job menu.
* Gs-Server on Windows XP: Fixed error: User Impersonation failed: acquire privileges.
* On File Change + Exclude Empty Folders: Fixed adding new file to empty folder does not get synced.
* Import: Re-Added Import of Old Format .TIX files.
* Licenses: Rename Pro License to Personal, clarified license language in the program and web site.
* Licenses: Updated License Agreement to reflect changed terminology.
* Gs-Server license: Do not check User and Session count when client from 127.0.0.1 comes in.
* gsync command line: more fixes to command line parser.
* Explorer Progress: fixed upload/download progress for many small files.
Version 10.7.6 Feb 02, 2018
* GoodSync Licenses: renamed 'Enterprise Server' to 'For Server OS'.
* GoodSync Licenses: renamed 'Pro (Fixed)' to 'Personal'.
* Browse Dialog, Multi-Select: Fixed opening unchecked folder could cause checking it and parents.
* WinFileSys + SMB: process deduplicated links, for which DeviceIoControl returns error 4390.
* Dropbox: Implemented download in blocks, this improves download of large files.
* Runners: Make their instance mutex names unique per profile, not per authed Windows User.
* gs-server: Fixed logs stopped writing after server-initiated restart.
* Fixed AuthCode Activation did not work.
* gsync command line: Fixed job-delete was not working.
* GoodSync.exe command line: Allow window size options to be combined with job commands.
* Command Line: Fixed Connectoid Options were not always making it into Jobs.
* Command Line: Re-Added options /exit and /exit-ifok, to be used in GoodSync GUI only.
* Fixed GoodSync MSI Installer shows warning on Windows Server.
Version 10.7.5 Jan 24, 2018
* Runner Service Setup: When setting up Runner Service, use full Domain\UserName, not just UserName.
* Goodsync2Go: Fixed installer of GS2Go, it was not working in 10.7.3-4 due to command line parsing issues.
* CC Runner Installer: Add new mode /cc-runner=update which updates CC Runner to the mode from last time.
* Fixed GoodSync GUI does not show state of GS Runner Service jobs.
* Ver 9: fixed installer, it also uses new gs-runner now.
* gs-server Unique Clients limitation: Increase it to Allowed 4 clients, show Client IP addresses.
Version 10.7.4 Jan 21, 2018
* Fixed GoodSync installer did not create proper Registry value to Run GoodSync When Windows Starts.
* CC Runner: fixed bug in upgrading, which could result in Runner being declared a new Runner.
* CC Runner: fixed upgrading using regular GoodSync-v10-Setup.exe installer was resetting CC Runner flag.
* GoodSync Connect Setup: Now always delete Old Users, so that only new New user is left.
* Gs-Server Web UI: Added warning about too many gs-server users, per license.
* Browse Dialog: Multi-Select: Fixed if only one Folder is Excluded, it becomes the new Sync Folder.
* Command Line: Fixed /analyze and /sync options of 'job' command were ignored if they come first.
Version 10.7.3 Jan 19, 2018
* Job Options -> General: Added option to Shutdown Computer after Job is finished.
* Job Options -> General: Added option to limit Max Time To Run (minutes).
* Program Options: When Retain Days changes, start complete cleanup with the new value.
* Job and Program Options: trim string values such as UserId or Smtp Host.
* SyncLib: Added File Size to Copy New/Over log message, when syncing.
* Installer: Fixed GoodSync GUI can be randomly started by Scheduler, esp if Avast is installed.
* Installer: speed up installation of GoodSync, fixed some issues.
* Browse Dlg: Multi-Select: If Include List is empty, still show Implied Checked checkbox.
* gs-server: Added Limitation on Number of Users and Number of Unique Clients, based on License.
* File Server License for GSTP gs-server: added new License for gs-server-based File Server.
* Scripts and Email: Added variables: %TSTART% %TFINISH% %TELAPSED%
* Command Line: improved command line parse, to catch more errors in CL options.
* sib-socket + SSL: Turned off TLS session cache on client side, only FTPS uses it now.
* Command Line: Discontinue parsing Jobs and Program Options in GS GUI, we have gsync for that.
* Added/Fixed policies: DisableAzureFile, DisableGDrive2, DisableGTeamDrive, DisableSharepoint.
* gsync: Added 'auth' command that creates new accounts (OAuth, browser auth) from command line.
* CC Runner: Added new Control Center GUI Runner, with Taskbar icon, that shows status of jobs run by CC.
* CC Runner Installer may install CC Runner as a Taskbar GUI or as a Windows Service.
* CC Runner can automatically update itself to latest version, if CC specifies AutoInstall option.
Version 10.7.2 Dec 29, 2017
* Added new Google Team Drive file system to GoodSync and GoodSync Explorer.
* Automatically start GoodSync GUI, if silent install is On and GS GUI was running before silent install.
* Installer: Make de-elevation to happen by starting GoodSync via Windows Task Scheduler.
* Installer: When installer start GoodSync GUI, make sure it goes on top of Z-order.
* Filters in Program Options: Show Global Filters: Exclude System / Hidden / Empty.
* Fix adding of Filter flags for Empty folders, when uniting Global and Job Filter.
* Fixed Delete Recycled and History Files was not deleting History DB.
* Jobs in Registry: Fixed crash in ver 9 when loading Jobs from Registry.
* Remove GoodSync-v9.exe from GoodSync v10 distribution, use ver 9 distro instead.
* Parallel Thread limits: increase to 64 for SFTP, FTP, GSTP.
* FTP: Added option 'Require TLS session reuse on data connection', On by default.
* FTP: Turn off this option to resolve connectivity problem with broken servers.
* More localizations for Group Names, etc.
Version 10.7.1 Dec 22, 2017
* Amazon CD: Fixed GetMetadataEndPoint Unauthorized Error 401.
* OneDrive: Add retry on 503 Service Unavailable.
* Progress: fixed progress reporting in simple uploads such as to GSTP.
* Parallel Threads: S3 and Azure: Increase max parallel threads from 20 to 64.
* Control Center Runner: Fixed few finishing lines of Job Run were not submitted.
* Control Center Runner: Summarize/Compress update-job-run requests, to reduce server load.
* Gsync /runner and /enter-runner: Allow only one instance of each per User.
* Program Options + Command Line: Add processing of Global Filters and some newer options.
* Browse Dialog + Filters + Multi-Select: multiple fixes, improve usability.
* Update DE localization, by Jan Leitner.
Version 10.7.0 Dec 15, 2017
* GSTP Sharing: Enable Sharing of Folder on Mediator: now Folders can be shared with other GoodSync users.
* GSTP Sharing: For now Sharing of Folder is done only in GoodSync Connect account Web GUI.
* GSTP Mediator: Remove Talkback processing, as it is 2 years old, so only really GS versions use it.
* Passwords: Add option Save Connect Passwords Locally Encrypted, it makes them non-portable, more secure.
* Program Options: Added Security tab, for the option above and CC admin credentials.
* Account Manager + OAuth2: new scheme of storing tokens and getting auth via Browser.
* OAuth2: maintain Refresh and Access Token in a separate cache, not to change Accounts.
* Office365/SharePoint: increase initial backoff timeout to 15 sec, on error 429.
* TeamSites/SiteRoot/SharePoint: Forbid # % characters in paths as it causes error 400 on uploads.
* Browse Dlg + Multi-Select + Links: fix handling of Links in Drilled and CopyAsIs job modes.
* Import: Fixed Import of a single job could destroy unnamed bookmarks, thus damaging other jobs.
* Reading Accounts and Jobs: Fixed recovery of broken Jobs file (with no Accounts file) causing problems.
* Explorer: do not allow any file/folder actions while folder is being listed.
* CheckSums: store CheckSum type, as relying on CheckSum size for typing does not always work.
* Updated Polish localization.
Version 10.6.8 Dec 01, 2017
* History Cleanup: Use History DB to speed up cleanup of _history_ files.
* Recycled and History and Log Cleanup: now do it after every sync, as it runs faster.
* Recycled and History Options: change their names and description, to better explain what they do.
* Recycled and History + Direct Destination (No Temp): Use MoveFile, not CopyFile, to run faster.
* Filters: Do not apply Size and Time filters to Folders.
* Filters: speed up and simplify Filters processing.
* CheckSums: Fixed sometimes CheckSums of different types were compared.
* CheckSums: Do not use CheckSums of wrong type from the state file.
* CheckSums: Fixed uploading of Office file changed by server could result in conflict.
* Analyze: Fixed ListDir could be called on Files as if they were Folders, resulting in slowdown.
* Links + Exclude: Fixed Ignore Links was not always excluding Links nodes.
* Links + Browse: Drill Down to Folder Links in Browse Dlg + Multi-Select, if SymLinks option is Drill Down.
* gsync command line: Fixed command line options description and manual, to latest changes.
* OneDrive/Office365: Backoff on 429 Too Many Requests and Conflict 409 error with EditConflict.
* SharePoint 2013: Fixed ListDir return error when path points to a file or not found.
* SharePoint 2013: Backoff on 429 Too Many Requests and Conflict 409 error with 'Save Conflict'.
* MTP: Fixed change file name case did not work properly.
Version 10.6.7 Nov 16, 2017
* Licensing Fixes: Auto Options are not available in Free version.
* Licensing Changes: Increase max files to 1000 in Free version.
* GSTP Client: When doing Disconnect, set SendRecvTimeout to 5 sec.
* GSTP Client: When talking to local elevated client, do not wait on reconnect.
* GSTP Client: check that server-id received from Server is not empty.
* GSTP Receiver: Do Not close socket on Receiver side after we send Disconnect verb.
* GSTP Receiver: Send info headers such as server-id.
* Azure (Blob) file system: Fixed large file uploads, more than 4 Gb.
* Filters: Fixed filter '/folder/' with tail '/' was not excluding folder.
* Separate Installer for GoodSync for Windows Server.
* Fixed Jobs File reading and import, so that Import does not repeat.
* Accounts File: improve locking of read/write of Accounts file.
* Ver 9: Move ver 9 version number to 9.16.7, to make it be in sync with ver 10.
Version 10.6.6 Nov 08, 2017
* Browse Dlg + One Driver: Fixed freezes and error when drilling down to top folder after OAuth.
* GSTP Forwarder Receiver: Do not report to Mediator errors caused by Forwarder Pipe disconnecting.
* GSTP Client: when client lost connection to Server do not do long reconnects, report to Mediator.
* Filters: allow [a-z] or [0-9] and other such character ranges in Filters, \[ and \] mean [ and ].
* Filters: when adding Filters from GUI, turn [ into \[ and ] into \].
* Filters: fixed several more exotic issues in exclusion and inclusion.
* On File Change: Add 1-min wait between Analyze and Sync, when Analyze produces Errors or Conflicts.
* Runner: Do not save changes by produced by Job Options checker.
* On File Change, Incremental Analyze: fixed error when file inside folder is reported before this folder.
* Fixed Free Space was not updated on Sync Tree file/folder Direction Change.
* Backblaze B2: Fix rare concurrency crash on folder delete.
* Licensing: Do not allow Auto jobs (Attended) to run in Free mode.
* Gs-Client/Gs-Server on Linux: Added support for Unix extended attributes.
Version 10.6.5 Oct 27, 2017
* Control Center Runner: Fixed job start and stop sequence, to improve reporting.
* Control Center: Fixed log lines sometimes glue together.
* Google Drive: make it work when changing existing empty UserId to new UserId from OAuth.
* Google Drive V2 and V3: change captions and help.
* FTP etc: When reading line, allow CR to be followed by non-CR/LF character.
* Windows FS: Use Backup Semantics for all CreateFile system calls, fixes Access Denied.
* Windows FS: Fixed MoveFile was giving up on Access Denied, now tries Copy + Delete.
* Browse Dlg: Fix Deleting Account used by Job is allowed, if bookmark inside Account is selected.
* gs-server: GetFileAcl: Fix error in returning GetFileAcl results.
* MTP: make progress processing work correctly.
* MTP: Fixed name-case renames of file and folders were not working in Explorer.
* ListServers: fixed copying credentials, fixes No Account error in Analyze after Browse.
* gs-server: /set-admin and /set-user options also set options in settings.tix.
* gsync command line: Left and Right folder of a Job: allow combining AM and Connectoid options.
Version 10.6.4 Oct 19, 2017
* MTP: re-add missing thread wrapper, it was causing CoInitialize not called (error 0x800401F0).
* Move/Rename: make it work for case-insensitive file systems, where only case of name is changed.
* On File Change: fix bugs and slowness, when change of one file/folder is received many times.
* On File Change + Incremental Analyze: fix bugs in folder processing.
* On File Change + Incremental Analyze + Filters: apply all filters, so that filtered items are ignored.
* On File Change + Progress: show progress of Incremental Analyze too.
* Runner + Gs-server Options: gs-server now applies Program Option on a command from Runner.
* Runner: If user with old jobs.tic never runs GS GUI, still convert jobs.tic to new format.
* S3 + Wasabi: Wasabi can do Upload in Parts, so allow multi-part upload.
* User Stopping Jobs: Fixed urgent job stop (two or more Stop clicks) was not always processed.
* On Schedule: fixed normalization of Schedules, it could fix DayOfWeek to 0 when not needed.
* Browse Dialog: fixed non-translated GSTP email can make it into Account Manager.
* Locks: Consider lock files that are older than 2 days abandoned and delete them as such.
* Move creation of _gsdata_ folders from Start of Sync to Start of Analyze.
* Explorer: When renaming file or folder, check that destination name does not already exist.
* gs-server: fix command line processing and diagnostics.
* NAS: Added support for Synology DS418j (Realtek 1296 platform).
Version 10.6.3 Oct 12, 2017
* OpenSSL: Add no-asm option to x64 builds, that fixes crashes on some processors.
* Crash Catcher: add more catchers for crashes, to improve diagnostics of crashes.
* Better random number generator, with proper initialization of OpenSSL.
* Mediator: Fixed OTP was not sent by email, on initial OTP generation.
* Mediator Web Site: Add Password Change form, fix OTP usability issues and bugs.
* Web UI: Allow entering One Time Passwords (OTP) from Web UI, for multiple users.
* Web UI: Do not create New GoodSync Connect user in Web UI, use Mediator Web Site.
* Web UI: better display of Mediator registration status for the User.
* GoodSync Connect Setup: always show No-Mediator option, fix bugs and crashes.
* GSTP: Fix progress not reported in GsUploadFileBlock, in the tail part.
* CC Runner: Fixed Big Log chunks not accepted by CC, so submit large logs in smaller 16 Mb chunks.
Version 10.6.2 Oct 05, 2017
* Runner: Fix worker thread closing sequence, it could cause rare crashes.
* On Schedule: When Hour=NN is specified and Minute=0 is not specified, add Minute=0 automatically.
* On File Change + Stop: When User stops an OFC job, do not stop File Monitoring.
* Auto Jobs + Stop: Stop of one AutoRun job now does not reset Waiting To Run Status for all jobs.
* gs-server settings: save changed file upon generation of Device ID, even if original file was not present.
* OneDrive of MS: Fix SiteRoot uploads of files with ' in file name was not working.
* Gs-Server: Add One Time Password support in Web UI Setup for NAS.
Version 10.6.1 Sept 29, 2017
* Azure Files: Add Windows Azure Files API file system, was Azure Blobs only.
* Fix handling of must-drill-down OneDrive files/folders (appear in Windows 10 Fall 2017 Update).
* Auto Jobs: Fix on a rare occasion Job in Auto Mode not start when required by external event.
* GSTP forwarders: Add SSL certs to all Official and Default forwarders.
* FTP + On Folder Connect: Fix OFC was not detecting Connect/Disconnect.
* Explorer: fix navigation when clicking bookmark in bookmark list for file system.
* Explorer: Disable all Commands when tree node is being expanded.
Version 10.6.0 Sept 20, 2017
* GSTP: Implemented One Time Passwords (OTP) and Client DeviceId.
* GSTP: You can turn on OTP in https://www.goodsync.com/gs-connect/user-account
* GSTP: Prefer Emails as UserIds, they are also used in One Time Password auth.
* When OTP is On, you will receive Email with OTP every time you use a new Device.
GoodSync client will request One Time Password sent in Email.
* GSTP: OTP is requested when doing GoodSync Connect Setup and Browse dialog.
* GSTP: Each client/server now sends DeviceId, ComputerId, and Device Description.
* GSTP: Both email and old-style GS Connect UserId may be used to authenticate.
* GSTP: New Account Form: Add ReCaptcha to filter out robots.
* Official Forwarders: use Forwarder IP name, not IP address, to please security.
* Official Forwarders: use port 443, not 80 for SSL comms, to please security.
* Receiver: Fix incorrect reporting of connections to Official forwarders.
* OTP + gs-server: allow OTP in /set-admin=user_id:password[/otp-value]:sys_user:[sys_pass]
* OTP + gsync: allow OTP in new command line options /can-otpN=yes, /otpN=string.
* Cleanup Logs: Avoid recursive cycling via symlinks, by limiting number of folder levels to 50.
* GSTP progress: show progress when is being added to at the tail.
* Enterprise Policies: fix non-enforcement of NoAutoUpdate policy.
* Runner Setup: If Runner Service user and this Windows user differ, issue warning.
* Runner: Change gs-server settings on a cue from CC only if Runner is elevated.
* Azure: fix space and # encoding issues that could cause Not Found for files and folders.
* Google Drive: Fix Not Found error, that usually occurs on lock.gsl.
Version 10.5.8 Aug 23, 2017
* ACD: do reconnects, to fix 'Cannot Switch to SSL' error cause by ACD serves malfunction.
* Fix file operations progress reporting jumpiness, make it more smooth.
* CC Runner: Fix GsRunnerSubmitter thread was not shutting down properly.
* Explorer: Fix Rename does not update display name.
* SyncLib: Get destination file attribute after sync, needed if Compare Attr is used.
* Jobs from Registry: fix load and save of such jobs.
Version 10.5.6 Aug 18, 2017
* OneDrive: Fixed 'Unsupported security token' error.
* Explorer: Fixed when clicking folder with ftps:// URL, it becomes ftp:// URL.
* Azure: Fixed sometimes assigning check-sums to a wrong file, due to parsing error.
* Browse Dlg: If two or more folders do not exist in Job side path, do not allow clicking them all.
* Control Center Upload: Fixed quote-screening issue that cause errors in names with quotes.
* Control Center Runner: Fix lockup of Runner after job was renamed in Control Center.
* Filters Pane: Sort filters lexicographically.
* Job Options/Program Options: Place Include filters above Exclude filters, to match order of execution.
* Job Tree Toolbar counters: rewrite to keep live counters correctly updated.
Version 10.5.5 Aug 04, 2017
* FTPS, Sockets: Fix Sockets SSL session reuse.
* Fixed observed crashes in CC Runner and Explorer.
* Browse Dialog: Fix Account names gstp://userid@ appearing, should be without @.
* Browse Dialog: Better Account Tree normalization, when GoodSync starts.
* Browse Dialog: Make Delete work properly on Folder Bookmarks.
* Browse Dialog: Do not allow Rename on Folder Bookmarks.
* Add 'Show Backup / Sync Jobs groups' Program Option, Off by default.
* Sync Tree file/folder properties: show it in a dialog.
* GUI: fix some drawing problem on High DPI displays.
Version 10.5.3 July 28, 2017
* MTP: Fix 'Click Analyze again because another job has Synced and it invalidated analysis results of this job'.
* When Drill Down ignores folder links inside C:/Users to avoid cycling, ignore only Junctions but not Sym Links.
* FTP: use full socket close on data connection, to avoid error on control connection.
* FTPS with ProFTPD: enforce TLS session reuse (not just ask for it).
* FTP: fix RNFR-RNTO combo in situations when disconnect happens after RNFR.
* SSL sockets: Implement SSL session caching on Client side.
* gsync: Fix not all Folder options are parsed, upload command line help.
* CC Runner: fix Runner ignores change of left/right folder.
* CC Runner: restart GS-server when Program Options are updated.
* Control Center: Remove User Log Files older than 30 days, automatically.
* Groups: Increase number of allowed groups from 10 to 40.
* GUI: Fix strange GUI behavior on Right Mouse Button double click in Job Tree and List View.
* GUI: Fix toolbar button sizing bugs.
* Browse dialog: Do not allow to change Account options in Folders, allow it only in Accounts tab.
* Browse, SMB: fix Account Key, so that use can have many accounts in SMB.
* Browse dialog, OneFile: show file path before password.
* Browse button, OneFile: show target file path in URL too.
* Browse dialog: when going from Folders tab to Accounts tab, highlight selected folder.
* Browse dialog: show smaller folder icons for Folder bookmarks in Accounts.
* Browse dialog: Do not show low level (debug) progress messages, only important ones.
* Browse dialog: auto-close it when reinstalling GoodSync.
* Explorer/Browse dlg: do not show File Owner, to speed up browsing.
* Explorer: New Folder, Rename: Change from edit label to requesting new name in modal dialog.
* Explorer: Bump up size of small files for progress purposes to 4K.
* Explorer: avoid negative time remaining.
* Explorer: fix list of many files sometimes cannot be uploaded/downloaded.
* Update DE localization.
Version 10.5.2 July 07, 2017
* Exclusions + On File Change: fix bugs that prevented excluded files/folder from being re-included.
* Copy Owner, ACL: Fix bugs that prevented Copy Owner from working correctly if Copy ACL is not specified.
* Scripts: Trim all script fields, when committing and when executing them.
* Crash Submitter and Reader: fix multi-part form format being submitted.
* GoodSync Ver 9 to Ver 10 update page consolidated: https://www.goodsync.com/upgrade-old-to-latest-ver
* Browse dialog: fix leaks and rare crashes.
* Account Manager: Fix crash when loading and deleting bad accounts.
* Reading SMTP password: If we cannot decrypt it, do not make it a terminal error.
* Google Drive, sib-http: allow incoming headers to be longer than 8 Kb.
* Explorer: Fixed Owner of file/folder did not show.
Version 10.5.1 June 23, 2017
* Pipe Forwarder: fix socket leaks and connectivity issues, in more complex cases.
* Pipe Receiver: fix not deleting session on Disconnect, other connectivity issues.
* SSL + SNI: Make SNI a default option in all SSL communication, as more and more sites use it.
* SyncLib: Fix 'GsMergeLRgenerations: both sides still have new gens' error in Sync time.
* Ignore Drill Down option for all folders inside Windows Users folder, to avoid cycling and duplication.
* Account Manager Cleanup: remove incorrect entries from Account Manager, when reading it.
* Explorer: Fix deleting of User Bookmark did not work.
* Explorer: Do not ask confirmation when removing unused Job bookmark.
* gsync command line: Fix not saving Account Manager when changing connections in job-update etc.
* gsync command line: Print command line options, unless global option /noprint is specified.
Version 10.5.0 June 16, 2017
* Licenses: Fix on OK_REACT license info was not written, which could result in need to re-activate.
* SharePoint 2013: Added support for root TeamSite, under RootSite alias.
* TIX Export-Import: fix rare bugs related to \n in URL, do not try to import old TIX files.
* CC Runner: Add Special Operations, such as Delete Recycled Files, Cleanup Recycled.
* Corrupt State Files: When it happens, display checkbox: Delete Corrupt State Files when I click Analyze again.
* Forwarders: Allow Default and other official forwarders to run in Pipe Mode.
* GSTP Client + Pipe Forwarder: add retries, when it does not connect right away.
* Pipe Receiver of Forwarder: report failed connects to Mediator, better retries.
* Pickup Forwarder: fix not sending response via default forwarder.
* Update AR and PL and Catalan localizations.
Version 10.4.9 June 09, 2017
* Discovery + UPNP: fix checking cached entries, so that when Local IP changes, rediscovery is done.
* Receiver of Forwarder: Idempotency: several fixes that make it work on network reconnect.
* Sockets: improve error reporting on reconnects.
* Filters: Fix parsing of +-N[d|m|h], it was always assuming d.
* WebDAV: Fix GetInfo() of folder gets rejected on redirect, if folder is submitted without tail '/'.
* Sym Links + Copy Attr: Do not Copy Attributes when copying Sym Links.
* Sym Links + SFTP: Allow setting file mod time of sym links in SFTP.
* Sym Links + SFTP: make Sym Link Drill option work correctly.
* GUI: Sync Tree: Center (horizontally) central column where O is residing.
* GUI: Sync Tree: Column widths: Use single setting for all jobs, fix its loading and saving.
* GUI: Directions and Filters buttons: show explanation when use click with no node selected.
* GUI: Add Clear Tree button, next to Filters and Directions buttons.
* GUI: Accessibility: Allow Browse toolbar buttons to be focused on, add descriptions.
* GUI: Job List Columns: If user downsizes them to zero, do not set them to default width.
* GUI: Filters: Add support for multi-selection, implement Copy and Paste operations.
* CC Runner: Check for shutdown variable once every 3 sec, not every 60 sec.
* Installer: Wait for gsync.exe and gscp.exe to close, in addition to GUI programs.
Version 10.4.7 June 01, 2017
* Forwarder: fix idempotency was not enforced by Server Pipe Receiver, could cause file corruption.
* gs-server: Increase number of stored responses to 20, to make idempotency always work.
* Sockets: send really long buffer in smaller 512 Kb chunks, to report sending progress.
* GSTP: Add x-sib-content-md5 header to all transactions we submit, and check it on server.
* Filters: Consider 'path /folder' to be absolute, for purposes of Include filter.
* Filters: Use the same fnmatch code in Windows, MacOS and Linux -- for consistent results.
* Filters: Time: Add relative hours and minutes: +Nh / -Nh, +Nm / -Nm.
* SyncLib: Syncing: fix UpdateStateMergeGens operation losing New Generation on the Right side.
* SyncLib: Syncing: Get ACL/Owner/ExtAttr after Sync on the destination side.
* SyncLib: Syncing: Do not remove analyze time error when we start to sync conflict.
* SyncLib: Analyzing: When reading state file, do not allow more than 100 levels in sync tree.
* Account Manager: If /jobs-file=/folder/file.tix is used then read Account only from this TIX file.
* Copy Ext Attr: Turn it On by default only for MacOS, keep it Off for Windows.
* Folder Monitoring: React to change of Folder Owner, if Compare Owner option is on for this side.
* Google Drive V3: reduce memory usage when building cache.
* Add checking of System Disk Free Space and reporting of low free space.
* Azure: remove its claim to always providing Content-MD5, as it does not always do it.
* Backblaze B2: more fixes, to improve speed and error processing.
Version 10.4.5 May 18, 2017
* BackBlaze B2: Implement parallel upload of large files in chunks, other bug fixes.
* BackBlaze B2: Increase chunk size from 5 Mb to 40 Mb.
* SFTP: Allow longer packets, as some server send very packets of 360Kb and more.
* SFTP: add error catcher on Close Download, some connections errors were missed.
* Box.com and WebDAV SSL: Add SNI to Box.com and WebDAV, as their servers may use it.
* Fix SetFileOwner that was broken, due to GS trying to parse SID as PSD.
* On File Change: Check deleted files against filters, so that they do not trigger Analyze.
* Unattended Runner: fix rare crashes on job finish.
* Browse Tasks and OAuth2: make them start and stop more correctly.
* CC Runner: Submit log lines in a separate thread, so that log line submission does not delay sync.
* Update DE and AR localizations.
Version 10.4.4 May 05, 2017
* Google Drive V3: speedup moves/renames, misc bug fixes.
* Browse Dialog: Display messages logged by file systems in Browse dialog.
* Browse Dialog: fix changed UserID from Browse dialog may not make it into Connect FS.
* Job Options: Replace Up and Down Speed Limits in job with one File Copy Speed Limit.
* Explorer + Job Bookmarks: Allow deletion of Job Bookmarks that are not used in any job.
* Allow CopyACL comparison only when both file systems have the same type of ACL.
* Control Center: Change from logging log lines into database to writing them into log files.
* Generation Cleanup in Analyze: fix it, make it cleanup old generations again.
* If Copy Links option is Drill Down then do not turn it Off in Analyze Checks.
* Add Vietnamese localization, update Ukrainian localization.
Version 10.4.3 Apr 28, 2017
* SharePoint 2013: new file system, added to sync with legacy SharePoint 2013 servers.
* Google Drive: Cache bootstrap and changes pull: start over on backend errors.
* Limit Changes option: Make it work for 1-way jobs too, but set default value to 100 pct.
* GSTP speed: increase it a lot, by turning off compression and optimizing code.
* Upload to Control Center: upload folder list too, other major fixes.
* Account Manager: fix URL of the root folder of the server may be wrong, affects CC Runner.
* Folder Options in Server Account: make lookup case-insensitive by folder URL.
* Control Center Runner: do not detect fake changes, produced by synclib turning options off.
* Control Center Runner: Make received Program Options effective, for Proxy and SMTP.
* Fix Cleanup of History could delete non-empty folder, because its creation time was Null.
* Cleanup of Local Temp Files: make it faster and more accurate.
* Add latest changes in options to global command line switches.
* Update PL localization and JP license.
Version 10.4.2 Apr 21, 2017
* Google Drive: Switch to new Google Drive Ver 3 API, works faster, better quota management.
* Google Drive: On File Change (File Monitoring) now works for Google Drive side too.
* Change buffer size for most Remote file systems to 5 Mb, thus enabling Dropbox to OneDrive sync.
* Add more checksum types used by servers: MD5, SHA, SHA-1, SHA-256, QuickXorHash, Version GUID.
* BackBlaze B2: Implement large file uploads, do not use checksums, they are not available for large files.
* GSTP Forwarder: speed up reconnects in case of connection errors.
* Options Advanced: Compare Attrs/Owner/ACL: move these to Left/Right side options, from Advanced.
* Options Advanced: Copy Owner, Copy ACL: separate them, as they indeed may be done separately.
* Compare CheckSums side option: compare checksums only when size is the same, but file mod time differs.
* Options Advanced: add option Compare CheckSums of All Files, this compare is done for all files.
* Options Advanced: remove Retry Sync If File Changes options, as retries are already done in On File Change.
* Options Auto: Have only Sync option for all Auto options, no Analyze option.
* GetFileOwner: If we cannot translate SID to Domain\UserName then return SID text form as Owner.
* Time Shifts: do not auto-resolve Left-Right time shifts, do it only for Old-New time shifts.
* SyncLib: Remove operations CopyState_LtoR and CopyState_RtoL, use only symmetric CopyState operation.
* Explorer: Speed up Download and Upload of Files in GSTP, use conveyerization.
* Explorer: now listed as Ver 10, was Ver 9 previously.
* On File Change, File Monitoring: Fix reported crash.
* Unattended Runner: Clear Sync Tree to save memory, when we finish non-On File Change job.
* Analyze Checks: Change Sym Links option to Ignore, if one of file systems does not support links.
* Analyze Checks: turn off Copy Attributes, Copy ACL, Copy Owner, if one of file systems does not support it.
* Upload to Control Center: add Company Admin credentials to Program Options -> Auto.
* Upload to Control Center: add encryption of uploaded accounts option.
* Updated RU, UA, PL localizations.
Version 9.9.92 Apr 21, 2017
* Update counter in Status Bar at the bottom during Sync.
* All non-GUI changes from ver 10.4.2.
Version 10.4.1 Apr 03, 2017
* Do not Compute MD5 CheckSum to resolve conflicts, as it slows down Analyze too much.
* Copy Owner: Remove Copy Owner option on Windows, as Copy ACL and Owner covers it.
* File Owner on Windows: Get/Set it as 'Domain\User Name', not just 'User Name'.
* Copy Owner, Compare Owner: Add these options on Mac only.
* File/Folder Properties: Show all properties, including ACL, Owner, ExtAttrHash.
* When setting CopyTime operation, add comment to sync tree node on what caused it.
* Fix bugs that prevented correct Attributes Copy on Windows.
* WebDAV: Add Exponential Backoff on HTTP error 429, which is now returned by some sites.
* Google Drive: Increase Cache Timeout from 128 to 600 sec, as some cache reads may be slow.
* Google Drive: Fix rare MIME-type mismatch on small file overwrite uploads.
* Office365/SharePoint: Fix listing of files/folder with ' in their name.
* FTP: Increase max parallel thread from 20 to 50, some users want that.
* Help Hints on mouse-over: show them until mouse-out, not just for 5 sec.
* Translations: update Polish and Arabic.
* Control Center: add ServerAccounts table, so that user can his Accounts.
* Account Manager: Make server map case-insensitive for Account Key.
Version 10.4.0 Mar 23, 2017
* Add Compare Attributes option to Advanced Job options, Off by default.
* Restore Compare ACL and Compare ExtAttr options that were removed in 10.3.9.
* Fix Sync Folders are the same error, by correcting Distinct URL computation.
* File Monitoring + Compare Attrs/ACL: Separate these flags in monitoring, as Windows can do them separately.
* Folder Options: move all Local FS options (Compress, FAT-like) from Connection options to Folder options.
* Browse Dialog + Multi-Select: fix problems in Go/Refresh.
* Browse Dialog: Fix auto-switch to Folders from Account for smb:// and gstp:// does not show Folder tree.
* Message Boxes: Make them wider, to 550 pixels.
* Account Manager: Fix Connectoid options do not stick, when changed.
Version 10.3.9 Mar 20, 2017
* Copy Attributes: change of Attributes is now detected in Analyze.
* More on this here: https://www.goodsync.com/faq#what-to-sync
* On File Change: exclude Hidden and System files from changes, if requested by option.
* Windows Azure: use server-side MD5 checksums supplied by server.
* Copy ACL: Copy SACL (including Inherited/Protected), in addition to copying DACL.
* Remove Job Advanced options Compare ACL and Compare ExtAttr, they are implied by Copy options.
* Attributes and State file: fix reading attributes form state file, results in fewer CopyState.
* Same Job Sides: do not produce this error for same URLs that belong to different accounts.
* Mirror Folders: use Distinct URL in computing them, it includes Server Account.
* Recycle DB: Add more locking, to fix rare crashes.
* Move Mode + Compare MD5 Checksums: make it work, remove unneeded check.
* Log Viewer: load Server Accounts, so that it can work for OAuth2 file systems.
* Control Center Runner: improve logging of job changes sent it from the server.
* Browse Dialog: remove Servers tab, all Servers are now shown in Folders as 1st level.
* Browse / Explorer + GSTP: Show Server names without .username.goodsync suffix.
Version 10.3.8 Mar 12, 2017
* Fix slow Analyze in some cases, due to computing MD5 when not needed.
* Now compute MD5 of local file only to prevent conflicts.
* Case Rename Folder + Copy ACL: fix folder state not properly copied.
* Interrupted Sync: fix Conflict after interrupted (no state file saved) sync with ACD.
* On File Change + Copy ACL: Make On File Change detect ACL changes on Windows.
* Copy ACL + Delayed Sync: make Copy ACL work correctly, when change was detected on prev sync.
* Azure: Upload files shorter than 8 Mb in one take, using Put Blob transaction.
* Azure: Fix Content-Type was not set in upload.
* Explorer: Fix crash when user goes to Job Bookmark in OneFile file system.
* Explorer: Fix not sorting Connectoids into User Bookmarks and Job Bookmarks.
* Gs-Server: fix rare crashes in UPNP discovery and Web UI.
Version 10.3.6 Mar 03, 2017
* Proxy + Gs-Server: Fix setting Proxy in GS GUI does not propagate to gs-server.
* Azure, GSTP: Fix Content-MD5 errors, use header x-sib-content-md5 for GSTP purposes.
* SFTP: Fix crash when download stops abruptly, as in due to errors on destination.
* Backblaze B2: Use better upload method with SHA-1 checksum at the end.
* Backblaze B2: Fix authorization bug that prevented user from changing Application Key.
* Export Selected Jobs: Add full Accounts from Account Manager to exported TIX file.
* Auto-Install: Do not Install GoodSync if GS GUI is running and this is not a 3AM-5AM local time.
* Auto-Install: Fix sometimes GS desktop shortcuts appear even when this option is turned off.
* UPNP: Force the same External Port on all devices, so that multiple devices do not confuse us.
* UPNP: Handle multiple UPNP devices on the same Local Network.
* UPNP: Change cache file format and name, do full discovery once a day.
* Control Center: Add Run and Stop commands for Job, on a list of Computers.
* Control Center: Add ability to use Account Manager, specify Account by Name or Key.
* Account Manager, Command Line: Introduce Lookup by Account Name in gsync command line.
Version 9.9.86 Mar 03, 2017
* Fix DEL key in URL field calls up Job Delete.
* Fix setting URL in Job by clicking ENTER in URL field did not work.
* All appropriate changes from ver 10.3.6.
Version 10.3.5 Feb 24, 2017
* Dropbox: Switch Dropbox code to new API V2, as API v1 is now deprecated.
* Fix crash when user changes Program Options in pre-elevated GoodSync.
* GSTP Client: do not rearrange connection during session, not to drop good Forwarders.
* GSTP Mediator: fix some bottlenecks that lead to slowdowns in processing.
* GSTP transport: Compress large transaction bodies using GZIP.
* GSTP transport: Add and check Content-MD5 header to all transactions, to ensure integrity.
* GSTP Forwarder: Faster Pipe Forwarder, fix slow connects via Forwarder.
* GSTP Forwarder: Fix possible file corruption when downloading via Pipe Forwarder.
* gsync: add /uN and /kN command line options, to use Account Manager.
* Control Center: initial integration with Account Manager, single Run and Stop commands.
Version 10.3.4 Feb 17, 2017
* Browse Dialog: Fixed Secure flag was not properly changing URL from http:// to https://
* Browse Dialog: Fixed wrong root in multi-folder when home folder is not root.
* Browse Dialog: When user goes back from Folders to Account List, select Account and Folder used.
* Browse Dialog: Fixed race condition in New Folder that could lead to errors.
* Browse Dialog: Show Account Name or Key in Help field when it is set.
* Browse Dialog: GSTP: Show only Server Name in Servers, without UserId. or .goodsync.
* Account Manager: always save accounts-bookmarks.tic, not to miss any automated token changes.
* GoodSync Server Web UI: Do not reveal existing system user password via HTML.
* GUI: Fix crash when AutoLogoff message box is shown before Main GUI is shown.
* Enterprise Runner: speed up submission of reports to GS Control Center.
Version 10.3.3 Feb 10, 2017
* Fix Jobs Lost if GoodSync starts GsServer or GsRunner and GoodSync.exe is already elevated.
* Runner Service: Fix Runner was not reading Program Options such as SMTP server.
* Browse Dialog: fixed several UI bugs.
* On Folder Connect: Do not report Terminal Error when GS starts and OFC job has one of folders missing.
* Added context menu for Left/Right Browse buttons: Open Folder, Side Options.
* Open Left/Right File: implement actual open of remote files in GS Explorer.
* Open Left/Right File/Folder: fix open does not work in some cases.
* Add import from TIX file produced by GoodSync ver <= 10.2.6.
* Export: Fix groups not exported, only its jobs, when group is selected.
* Backblaze B2: Cache uploaded file metadata to accelerate GetInfo() after upload.
* Google Drive: Google has error, whereby it sends us listing with missing items.
* Enterprise: Make policies work only with Enterprise license.
* Enterprise: refresh list of policies for new file systems, make sure all policies work.
* Enterprise: Re-add file goodsync.adm to installation, it was missing.
* Enterprise: Re-add reading jobs from registry.
* Improve reporting of Left/Right file system UserID and file system properties.
* UI: New Tables-based Message Boxes that scale well on High DPI.
* Allow Rename of Jobs and Groups where new name differs only by case.
Version 9.9.83 Feb 10, 2017
* All GS Explorer fixes from ver 10.3.3.
* All non-GUI changes from ver 10.3.3.
Version 10.3.1 Jan 26, 2017
* Fix updating to ver 10.3.0 when Runner is running may result in loss of jobs.
* BackBlaze: Add new BackBlaze file system for www.backblaze.com storage.
* Google Drive: Fix JSON parsing error.
* Azure: increase x-ms-version header value to latest API, so that servers like us.
* Amazon CD: fix downloads redirecting to pre-authenticated server and we add our header.
* Encrypted FS: Allow for up to 3 names not to decrypt, before returning error.
* On File Change File Monitoring: Fix 8.3 paths were not properly converted to full paths.
* On File Change Jobs: run Analyze after Sync as a separate transaction, not in sync txn.
* TIC: Store Jobs, Groups, Bookmarks, Accounts in new file jobs-groups-opts.tic.
* TIC: Existing files jobs.tic and account.tic are migrated into jobs-groups-opts.tic.
* TIC: Store a copy of Accounts and Bookmarks in file accounts-bmks.tic as it may be updated by FS.
* TIX: Change export-import long format, so that one export file includes all Jobs, Groups, Bookmarks, Accounts.
* Bookmarks now use Account Manager too, so they fully partake in account info propagation.
* Side Options: Folder Options (Job Side) (such as Encryption) are now stored in Account Manager.
* Side Options: So if Folder Options change in one Job, they are propagated to another Job.
* Program Options: make GUI-related options local only: View Filters, View Logs.
* Save/Load Jobs: Remove option to save/load jobs to/from registry, not used.
* gsync: Read stored Program Options only in non-temp job commands.
* Browse Dialog: Add New Account button, needed for OAuth2 systems to browse to new account.
* Browse Dialog: When Account is selected, show it in Windows Title.
* Browse Dlg: Fix Enter did not result in navigation.
* Explorer: Add Rename command for Bookmarks.
* Explorer: Now can Copy/Paste files to Encrypted file system.
* Open Left/Right Folder + Explorer: Show Encrypted folder in decrypted form.
* Explorer: Fix New Folder not working from context menu.
* GUI High DPI: Fix icon sizing for High DPI displays.
* Browse dialog: fix memorizing/restoring size for High DPI.
* Add job filters pane on main form, toggled by View->Filters, like in GS 9.
* Program Options: Replace Filters pane with a better one.
* Disable Auto and Options buttons on Toolbar only when Job is running.
* Toolbar: better updating, so that buttons are enabled/disabled properly.
Version 9.9.80 Jan 26, 2017
* Browse dialog: Fix crash when clicking Browse button in New Job.
* Browse dialog: Make OneFile file system show all fields.
* Make job multi-selections work for Analyze and Sync commands.
* Filters: use new Filters from ver 10.
Version 10.2.6 Dec 23, 2016
* Runner Service: fix creation of GS Runner Service, it has wrong argument.
* Runner Service Setup: fix using wrong user when different Domains have the same User.
* Installing RF2Go: fix Access Denied error.
* Enterprise Runner: Fix formatting error that caused mis-reporting of job status.
* Browse Dialog: better localization, sort Accounts by alphabet.
* Account Manager in Browse dialog: Add Delete and Rename buttons, to manage saved Accounts.
* Browse Dialog: Remove Refresh button, always use Go button instead.
* Browse Dialog: When going back from Server or Tree to Credentials, do not cleanup credentials.
* Job List: allow context menu for multi jobs when user selects several jobs in Job List on the Right.
* GUI: more high DPI icon and picture fixes.
* Fix Wrong context menu item for Exclude/Include by ext.
Version 9.9.76 Dec 23, 2016
* Fix rare crashes in Browse dialog.
* All changes from ver 10.2.6.
Version 10.2.5 Dec 15, 2016
* OneDrive Office365: fix 'Unsupported security token' error.
* GSTP Forwarder + Receiver: fix file corruption that may happen when conveyor is enabled.
* Fix icon appearance in High DPI and Scaling situations.
* Job List: Fix 1st column (status icon) may corrupted on displays with high resolution.
* Taskbar Menu: make double-click call up Full Window again.
* Fix Sync direction of tree node cannot be changed after Spec-Op such as Compare Files was run.
* Job Tree: memorize expanded/collapsed state of all groups between GoodSync runs.
* Browse Dialog: improve user interface.
Version 10.2.4 Dec 09, 2016
* Store Job List and Job Tree widths independently of each other.
* Lob List: Allow reordering of Job List columns, save column coordinates upon reordering.
* Job Tree: the only Name column fills up the entire tab now.
* More and better icons for Job Run States.
* Separate icons for Special Operations (Cleanup/Delete GsData and such) run states.
* Menus: Add 'All' menu item to menu bar, keep command for All Jobs in there.
* Job menu: reorder menu items, raise more often used items higher.
* Box.com: save new refresh_token, different from original refresh_token, when we get access_token.
* Stop/Clear button: show proper caption based on Jon run status.
* Options: Fix Pressing enter during filter editing quits dialogue box.
* Enterprise Runner: report OS, elapsed time, speed, bytes processed to Control Center.
Version 9.9.74 Dec 09, 2016
* Use Job Options and Program Options dialog of Ver 10.
* Fix Pause command does not work.
Version 10.2.3 Dec 02, 2016
* Job List view: allow multiple job selection, now based on CTreeListViewCtrl.
* Multiple Job selection: review all cases, several fixes.
* Job Selection kbd shortcuts: Up/Down to navigate, Space to select, Enter to Set Current.
* Fix ALT+F4 is not processed, more keyboard shortcut fixes.
* Fix Side URLs not updated after Job rename and then Browse.
* Fix Side Info sometimes not updated when current job changed.
* Fix crashes after Group Delete.
* Localization: cleanup foreign RFS files, removed unused strings.
* Explorer: Load Jobs when it starts, so that Bookmarks derived from Jobs are loaded.
* Job/Group New/Rename dialogs: fix checking for errors, improve layout.
Version 10.2.2 Nov 28, 2016
* Add keyboard shortcuts: F2 - job/group rename, F4 - disable autorun, Alt+W - swap sides.
* Add Pause command to Job menu, with keyboard shortcut Alt+Z.
* Change Stop command to Stop/Clear command, as it clears tree when job is stopped.
* Group Context Menu: Add keyboard shortcuts to it.
* Delay in Auto Run on Start and OFC: Allow values up to 999, to increase range.
* Add/Remove Job to/from Group: Allow this to be applied to Selection of Jobs.
* Job List on the Right: Do not Set Current when job is clicked, allow for Job Selections.
* Special Ops (such as Cleanup Recycle) work for Job Selections.
* Job List View: Make selections work with SHIFT+UP and SHIFT+DOWN.
* Job Tree View: Fix Sorting was not working on 64-bit architecture.
* Adding/deleting of Start Menu and Desktop shortcuts is now persistent Program Option.
* Add 'GoodSync v9' menu item to Start Menu -> GoodSync of ver 10.
* Run When Windows Runs option: when installing new version of GoodSync, update other users too.
* Runner Service Setup: Allow to specify Windows user different from current Windows user.
* Fully observe Alphabet/Index ordering rules when running or editing jobs.
Version 9.9.72 Nov 28, 2016
* Restore keyboard shortcuts, such as CTRL+TAB in tabs, ENTER in URL field.
* Make TabView control not steal focus, when its page is activated.
* Fix misc UI issues and crashes.
* All changes from ver 10.2.2.
Version 10.2.1 Nov 17, 2016
* Fix crash in Click Browse button after Job Delete.
* Fix crash on clicking keyboard in Job List view.
* Fix Japanese GUI sometimes shows squares instead of letters.
* Sort groups lexicographically, if allowed by option.
* Make Keyboard (space key) selection work in Job List View.
* Make big tooltips appear for beginner user (1st job).
Version 10.2.0 Nov 14, 2016
* Job List ordering: add Program Option -> 'Sort job names by alphabet', ON by default.
* If 'Sort job names by alphabet' is OFF then allow reordering jobs in Job List by drag-n-drop.
* Fix Analyze and Sync causes showing Options dialog.
* Fix GoodSync does not start when Windows starts.
* Fix crashes related to zero jobs and transitions around that.
* Job Tree View: fix several UI issues.
* Job List View: fix several UI issues.
* Re-enable ALT+N keyboard shortcut, it selects job number N, works for ALT+1 to ALT+9.
* File Systems: Add faster get out on User Stop.
* Remove SSL Default GTSP option from Program Options, always offer Secure.
* Fix jobs are not run from Command Line in GoodSync.exe GUI.
Version 10.1.9 Nov 10, 2016
* Job Direction button: when clicked, show available directions.
* Allow multi-select (in Job List) to apply to most commands.
* Consolidate all command processing in the mainframe controller.
* Change default size to 2/3 of the screen, initially show Job Tree (Less).
* Job Tree and List: Sort jobs and groups by name in alphabetic order.
* Renaming/Creation of Groups and Jobs now requests name in modal dialog.
* Memorize and Set Current Group, to return to the same node in the tree on restart.
* Fix rare crashes caused by abandoned timer.
* Installer: Achieve full separation between GoodSync-v9.exe and GoodSync-v10.exe.
* Job Start: Single Selected job is always started right away, with no delay.
* Job Start: Multi-Selected jobs are always Scheduled, so they start by Auto rules.
* Add Arabic user interface localization.
Version 9.9.69 Nov 10, 2016
* Use OnSchedule to start job as Analyze & Sync, not immediate start.
* Fix NoGsData option is not saved.
* More unification between ver 9 and 10, especially for Job List view.
* All changes from ver 10.1.9.
Version 10.1.8 Oct 31, 2016
* SyncLib: Fix crash that was happening in On File Change jobs in ver 10.1.7.
* SyncLib: Fix 'Cannot resolve parent' error in manual Analyze.
* Fix NoGsData option is not set when changed in Options dialog by user.
* New Job: use traditional dialog, to request sync direction and name.
Version 10.1.7 Oct 28, 2016
* GSTP Mediator: fix problem that caused 'Computer seems to be unreachable (No ACK for PickupSession)'.
* SyncLib: Speed up (major!) reading of the state file ans Analyze scanning.
* GUI: speed up tree operations.
* Update Counters such as Changed, Errors during Sync, so that user see how many items are remaining.
* On File Change: Fix OFC does not detect Disconnect and Reconnect of Network.
* On Folder Connect: Do First Analyze when OFC is first enabled or when GoodSync starts.
* Job Options and Analyze buttons now stay enabled when Job is Waiting To Run
* Fix Sync after Analyze produces error 'Do not run Job when Auto is suspended'.
* Re-enable progress bars in GoodSync taskbar icon.
* FTP: Do not auto turn on EncodeUTF8 option for servers that support it, user may think otherwise.
* Fix if After Sync user has Conflicts and he resolves them then Sync button remains disabled.
* WinFileSys: Fix processing of Locked + Access Denied files.
* Shutdown signaling: Fix sometimes fake shutdown signal could auto-close GoodSync.
* Explorer: Fix cannot copy symlink from Local FS to Local FS.
* Explorer: Implement keyboard accelerators for common commands.
* Upgrade NSIS to ver 3.0 official release.
* Update CZ and KR localizations.
Version 9.9.67 Oct 28, 2016
* All changes from ver 10.1.7.
Version 10.1.6 Oct 18, 2016
* Fixed crash in File Monitoring when one sync folder is empty.
* Options Dialog: Auto modes, if one of the sync folders is empty.
* Fixed On File Change does not come back after Sleep and Resume.
* Add 'No Animations' option to Program Options.
* On File Change / On Folder Connect: fix job not starting upon disk reinsertion.
* Selected Jobs + Analyze And Sync: run selected jobs sequentially, like in ver 9.
* S3: For large files, check for HTTP ranges before doing multi-part download.
* Job List: Case-insensitive ordering of text columns.
* Program Options: Move several options from General to the new Auto tab.
* Account Manager: Properly implement separation of Plain and Secure accounts.
* Account Manager: Fix not all Advanced option changes become effective on Go.
* GUI: fixed some resource and memory leaks.
* gsync /runner-service: Set Effective proxy in Runner Service, using Prog Options.
* OAuth2 dialog: improve interaction with Account Manager, ask user less.
* OneDrive: fixed error Access denied for connectoids with wrong saved endpoint.
* Update UA and Korean translations.
Version 10.1.4 Oct 10, 2016
* OneDrive: fixed error Access denied: No auth code in response: error=invalid_resource&...
* WinFileSys: Fix processing of Access Denied on SetFileAttribute in DeleteFolder, etc.
* Account Manager: fix Copy Locked files not working, due to option propagation problems.
* Licenses: Fix License Response Message from previous automatic license deactivation still shown.
* Browse dialog: Fix Default Secure option not working in GSTP.
* Browse dialog: Fix Refresh button was not reading changed settings from Advanced pane.
* OAuth2 Consent: Launch Default Browser Chrome/IE/Firefox/Opera in Private Mode.
* Browse Dialog: improved navigation, fixed several GUI bugs.
* Account Manager: fixed bug that caused overwrite of good credentials by blanks.
* On File Change / On Folder Connect: Fix not detecting reconnect.
* Add GoodSync-v9.exe to Ver 10 distro, so that Ver 9 GUI can be run from Ver 10 distro.
* gsync: Fix tmp-job command was not working.
Version 9.9.63 Oct 07, 2016
* Browse Dlg: Fix Servers button did not go to OAuth2 browser.
* Allow GoodSync Ver 9 to run new file systems, if it is activated from Ver 10 license.
* All changes from ver 10.1.3.
Version 10.1.2 Oct 03, 2016
* OneDrive: fix Unauthorized 401 error on download of files with guestaccesstoken.
* Options dialog: Fixed Dialog lines in some languages do not fit.
* Job List: Fixed sorting of Auto column is broken.
* Sockets: fix working with mixed IP v4-v6 environment.
* Fix Runner still thinks it is ver 9 and does not run OAuth2 systems.
* Upload Enterprise distributions for ver 10.
Version 10.1.1 Oct 01, 2016
* First Official release of GoodSync ver 10.
* Added file system for Box.com, similar to other OAuth2 systems.
* Fix Encrypted + OAuth2 file system keeps requesting browser authentication.
* Account Manager: Use different account key for plain and secure version of the same server.
* ACD, GDrive, OneDrive, DropBox: improve management of tokens, esp. on forced refresh.
* GUI: Fix Errors Count and Button were not updated when we get Errors in Sync.
* Browse Dialog: Improve detection of changed properties.
* Pipe Forwarders: make them more stable, increase speed.
Version 9.9.61 Oct 01, 2016
* Job and Program Options: Fixed crash that appeared in ver 9.9.60.
Version 9.9.60 Sept 30, 2016
* Fixes from GS ver 10.1.0, subject to what's available in ver 9 per licensing.
Version 10.0.30.0 beta Sept 27, 2016
* Improve post-run Job status display and color coding.
* Fix Account Manager not always memorizing Refresh and Access tokens.
* OneDriveV2: Add large file upload support for SiteRoot servers.
* OneDriveV2: Add retry of small file upload on 502 and such errors.
* Dropbox: Add UID to UserId, for uniqueness.
* Google Drive: Add Account Root ID, to UserId, for uniqueness.
* Amazon CD: Fix access token refresh not working.
* Add more locking for parallel workers, to avoid rare crashes on completion of jobs.
* Browse Dialog: when Accounts is clicked, do not pre-select any Account, so Go does ListServers.
Version 126.96.36.199 Sept 26, 2016
* File System fixes from GS ver 10.0.29.
Version 9.9.58 Sept 20, 2016
* Browse Dialog: use new Account Manager, in a limited way, without showing accounts.
* GS Connect Setup: If user specified no Windows Password, keep Windows User for File Owner.
* Google Drive: Change prefix from gdocs:// to gdrive://, automatic migration.
* Google Drive: do not produce error on missing file creation time.
* Amazon CD: Add swapping Refresh for Access Token on getting Access Token errors.
* DropBox: Fix Dropbox was listing folder that was deleted (in trash, not permanently).
* OneDrive v2: Added SiteRoot/TeamSites handling.
* OneDrive v2 Discovery: memorize credentials used to list Services in MS Accounts.
* OneDrive v2: Show error message of Code 401, as this may be Access Denied, not Auth Needed.
* OAuth2 Consent in Browser: Implement proper Local Server to receive callbacks on localhost.
* Explorer: Use system File dialog for selecting multiple local files to Upload.
* Remove discontinued file systems that were replaced by OneDrive v2.
Version 10.0.28 beta Sept 18, 2016
* Add Account Manager embedded into Browse Dialog -> Accounts.
* Account Manager keeps track of Server Accounts, so that
when password changes in one job, it automatically propagates to all jobs that go to this Server.
* Account Manager also tracks and propagates Refresh Tokens and Access Tokens of OAuth2.
* OneDrive: Account Manager tracks account for Microsoft Users you enter and for Service Endpoints.
* Changes to Accounts are memorized on successful Connect to this account in Browse dialog or Job run.
* Browse dialog and Job Runs read credentials from Account Manager, when they are started.
Version 9.9.57 Sept 07, 2016
* OAuth FS + Encrypted: propagate saving of OAuth data thru Encrypted file system layer.
* OAuth2: do not try to perform it in Runner, as there is no user to respond.
* OAuth2: do not perform two OAuth2 at one time, second will be rejected.
* gsync: Now require Pro or Linux license to run gsync, except for Runner Service.
* Browse dialog: fix picking of Secure (SSL) option in connectoid.
* OneDriveAll: Fix refresh of Access Token after 1 hour of multi-part Upload of large file.
* sib-http: Do not add proxy-related headers such as cache-control to direct socket transactions.
Version 9.9.56 Sept 01, 2016
* OAuth2 file systems: store refresh and access token in connectoids, to make them exportable.
* OAuth2 file systems: you have to re-approve auth via browser for each job that uses OAuth2.
* OAuth2 file systems: make UserID read-only in UI, retrieve it from browser auth.
* Browse + OAuth2 FS: when Servers is clicked, empty the connectoid so that account may be changed.
* Amazon CD: fix listing of nodes with no name.
* Start Windows Services with Delay, so that Internet has time to connect.
* Enterprise Runner in gsync: multiple fixes, to make it work with Command and Control Center.
* gsync: Fix jobs not found in non-runner command line call.
Version 9.9.55 Aug 26, 2016
* SyncLib: fix not copying state of long deleted files, so CopyState appears on next sync.
* FTP: do not allow IP v6 hosts in FTP file system, due to data connection issues.
* Tree View: show children of deleted folder nodes in All Live + Dead view.
* Program Options: store SMTP password in encrypted form.
* GS Connect Client: show proper 'reason' when Mediator returns error.
* GS Connect Setup: do not show Advanced option on initial setup.
* UPNP: fix not reporting correct Local IP address.
* Forwarder: increase timeout for ongoing operations, to reduce reconnects.
* Runner Service: switch it to gsync /runner-service, to reduce resource use and speed up.
* gsync: now it can run On File Change and other Auto jobs in /runner mode.
* gsync: now it can run all Auto jobs in Linux and MacOS.
* gsync: /enter-runner now runs Enterprise Runner jobs picked up from server.
Version 9.9.54 Aug 16, 2016
* OneDrive Office365: make Office365 work again: update expired client key.
* GSTP client: Fix crash on Disconnect of network, with no further reconnect.
* Runner / Gs-Server: make impersonation work with Microsoft (Internet) account on Windows 8/10.
* Runner / Gs-Server: make impersonation work when non-original (renamed) Windows account name is used.
* SyncLib: increase max allowed folder depth from 60 to 100, for users who like to go deep.
* Sib-Socket: add IP v6 processing, try all IP addresses returned by IP name lookup.
Beta Version 10.0.19 Aug 06, 2016
* GSTP: speed up uploads/downloads up to 5 times, by using conveyerization.
* GSTP: introduce Pipe Forwarders, that can sustain conveyerization, resulting in higher speed.
* UI: fix several crashes and leaks.
Version 9.9.53 Aug 06, 2016
* MS OneDrive: switch to new Ver 2 API, use msdrive:// suffix.
* MS OneDrive: new file system covers OneDrive Consumer, Office 365, OneDrive for Business (SharePoint).
* MS OneDrive: old API OneDrive file systems are being discontinued, they are not shown in Browse dialog.
* MS OneDrive: re-Browsing to your sync folder is required in new file system, as auth scheme has changed.
* Office 365: do not register GrvOpen sync handler anymore, as new OneDrive file system does not need it.
* On File Change Delay option: give it 4 digits back, as infrequent-access disk allows for longer delays.
* On File Change + Filters: Fix Name filter was not working in On File Change.
* Windows File Sys: Fix It could get stuck on getting file info for offline SMB share disk.
* Gs-Server: speed up UPNP discovery.
* Analyze: Increase max allowed depth of folders from 30 to 60.
Version 9.9.50 July 01, 2016
* Auto-Update: fix Automatic Install not closing running GoodSync.
* License: make license file writable to non-elevated GS processes.
* Runner Service Setup: fix updating Runner Service of other users.
* Runner Service Setup: fix not updating password when user changes it.
Version 9.9.49 June 24, 2016
* Runner Service on XP: make it work, it was using wrong user profile folder.
* S3 + Encrypted FS: make uploads work for files bigger than 50 Gb.
* S3: Add Standard Infrequent Access storage class to Browse -> More.
* S3: Add US govt option to Browse -> More, to access US gov-t cloud.
* S3: apply all storage option to objects representing folders too.
* Browse dialog Warning about Disk Root Folder: do not show it for //Server/Share.
* Log Viewer: make it show logs if sync folder contains %VAR%.
* Upgrade OpenSSL to version 1.0.2h.
Version 9.9.48 June 03, 2016
* Browse dialog: If user browses to This Computer in GS Connect then offer to use Local File System.
* Browse dialog: If user selects Disk Root folder, offer to sync to folder inside the root and create it too.
* Windows FS: do not return Not Found on empty disk root folder, it does exist.
* Compare Program spec: Allow new format -- Command line with arguments.
* License: improve license update and management.
* License: print all license bit in Help -> About, without interpretation.
* GSTP: increase session life from 3 hours to 24 hours, as some clients take long time to sync.
* GSTP protocol: allow 64-bit file handles.
Version 9.9.47 May 06, 2016
* On File Change: Fix If Changes arrive too often then OFC delay option does not allow Sync to ever start.
Incremental Sync will start after 5 min of changes coming in even if Delay option is not satisfied.
* On File Change: Limit Delay to 100 sec (two digits), bigger values make no sense.
* Auto jobs Too Many Changes limiter: do not count Renames and Moves in Changed files.
* On File Change: When waking up from Sleep, wait 1 min before auto-starting jobs, for Internet to connect.
* On File Change: Allow Pre-Analyze Scripts in On File Change jobs, runs on First Analyze.
* Sleep and Wakeup: improve and speed up processing to fix some rare problems.
* On File Change: File Monitoring Was not working if sync folders do not exist. Fix by creating the folders.
* Remove RoboForm Integration from GoodSync code, as RoboForm 7 and 8 use their own embedded sync.
* Change Direction + Conflicts: Fix Change Direction was not enabling Sync buttons in some cases.
* Windows File System (SMB): upper-case all mapped drives listed, to provide uniformity in lookup.
* S3 and Azure: always report MIME type on upload, by always preserving file extension when uploading.
* Upgrade OpenSSL has to version 1.0.2g, to fix potential security issues.
Version 9.9.46 Apr 21, 2016
* AutoUpdate: now it downloads distribution file in the background.
* AutoUpdate: new Automatic install option installs after download (experimental).
* DropBox: Fix 'invalid request' error caused by double slashes.
* DropBox: Fix files not found after new OAuth2 requests.
* Amazon CD: Resolve node conflicts on new file upload (409 Conflict errors).
* GSTP tests: reduce test transaction size from 512K to 32K to save bandwidth.
* Fixed License: store it only in All Users area, no per-user storage.
* Runner: only one Runner may run per User, be it in Service or in user space.
* Do not elevate GoodSync to start GsServer / Runner if it is started with /min.
* Fix rare crashes caused by worker parallelism when moving files to Recycle Bin.
* MoveFile on Linux: do not use sendfile, it fails on ext3.
* gsync for Linux: it now runs on a free license for personal use.
Version 9.9.45 Apr 08, 2016
* Add new Global option: Offer Secure Connection for new GSTP connections.
* GUI: Fix when GS starts in /min mode (on Windows start), main window may become corrupted.
* Google Drive: workaround for GDocs not always sending md5Checksum for a file.
* Amazon CD: fix downloads that are done with redirect to S3 server.
* Windows FS: fix DeleteFile not elevating on Access Denied in some cases.
* On File Change + Impersonation: fix On File Change does not see disk letter when on GsServer.
* GS server License: fix Server may show free license even after activation.
* GS server SSL: Disable SSL v3 as it was compromised.
* GS server SSL: Cipher list is now 'AES256-SHA:AES128-SHA:RC4-SHA:RC4-MD5', drop old ciphers.
* GS Server Linux: make it work for diskless servers.
* GS Server Linux: make it free for personal use.
* GSTP client-server: distinguish Forwarder Waiting code 519 from End Server Waiting new code 518.
* GSTP: improve processing when Server does not reply for a long time (because of slow ListDir, etc).
* Installer: delete old install folder, if it was custom.
* Installer: add silent uninstall options.
* Installer: always re-create desktop icon, in case files location changed.
Version 9.9.44 Mar 29, 2016
* Move Create Sync Folder If Not Found option from Program Options to Job Options.
* Command line: replace global option /create-folder-if-notfound with job option /create-if-not-found
* SMTP: Office365 SMTP server requires another EHLO to be sent after switching to TLS mode, send it.
* VSS Shadow Copy of Locked Files: simplify and speed up.
* Localization: use foreign RFS file directly in GS, no need to convert it to RFI file first.
* Improve proxy management and propagation to GoodSync Services.
* Enterprise Runner: new data model.
Version 9.9.43 Mar 08, 2016
* Services: update GoodSync service on install, to ensure correct service settings.
* Runner Service: fix random crash on service close.
* Enterprise: fix installation and activation issues of ver 9.9.42.
* When calling Compare program, convert file paths from '/' to backslash.
Version 9.9.42 Mar 04, 2016
* Installer: reorganize installer to make it faster.
* Installer: improve auto-closing of running GoodSync.
* Uninstaller: new uninstaller that does a better cleanup job, faster.
* Server and Runner services: speedup restart on install.
* Server service: fix 'The specified service has been marked for deletion'.
* Services and Options: improve propagation of changes in global options to services.
* Installer: always start Server in Local mode, for unattended or incomplete installs.
* Starting + Services: if GoodSync starts, then also start Server or Runner service, if they are stopped.
* HTTP/SSL Proxy: improve proxy testing, management and propagation.
* Starting GoodSync: remove slow and/or unneeded operations, so that it starts faster.
* Icons: added more high resolution icons, to help in High DPI upscaling.
* GSTP client: allow custom port in non-.goodsync addressing.
* Local Server Elevation: pass system userid, so that one local server serves many users.
* Licenses: Ver 9 now accepts Ver 10 licenses, to make switching easier.
Version 9.9.41 Feb 11, 2016
* Further improve comparison of L and R file using CheckSum or File Body.
* Windows FS: Turn off COPY_FILE_NO_BUFFERING to speed up direct file copy.
* Installer + Firewall: fix not creating good firewall rule for gs-server.exe.
* Installer + Firewall: remove incorrect rules previously created.
* Progress indicator: fix sometimes file counters may become negative.
Version 9.9.40 Jan 28, 2016
* One Drive: speed up Analyze, by caching file size and deriving it from check sum.
* Change slow Compare MD5 option to faster Compares CheckSum Analyze option.
Compare checksums of files that have the same size but different File Modification Time.
After file copy verify that checksum of the copied file is the same as checksum of the original file.
* Fix 'Job with such name already exists' problem in Job List.
* Runner Service: Change global log folder in Runner Service, when it is changes in the GUI.
* SyncLib: Request CopyTime operation if file body did not change, but mod time changed.
* GSTP server: improve error diagnostics.
Version 9.9.39 Jan 19, 2016
* New CodeSign certificate to sign GoodSync executables and distribution.
* Amazon CD: speed it up a lot, by using supplied MD5 checksum in Analyze.
* One Drive: speed it up, by using supplied SHA1 file checksum in Analyze.
* Google Drive: speed it up, by using supplied MD5 checksum in Analyze.
* If file differs by file mod time but not size, use CheckSum (if supplied) to see if file has changed.
* Do not compare CheckSums of Left and Right job side if CheckSum differs in type (SHA1 vs MD5).
* On File Change + Compare MD5 options: compute CheckSums on Incremental Analyze.
* GSTP Forwarder: fix rare crashes.
Version 9.9.38 Dec 30, 2015
* Windows FS: fix 'Wrong Win FS path(3)' that appeared in GS ver 188.8.131.52.
* GSTP Client-Server: improve connection when UDP messages cannot reach Server.
* GSTP Client-Server: allow direct connection if UDP messages cannot reach Server.
* GSTP Client: improve handling of Forwarder delays (HTTP code 519).
Version 9.9.37 Dec 25, 2015
* Windows FS: do not connect to offline shares when resolving URL to avoid delays.
* Amazon CD: run Analyzes that involve ACD in MD5 compare mode, as file mod time is unreliable on ACD.
* Amazon CD: MD5 from ACD is cheap to get, make sure the other job side is Local, or its MD5 is cheap too.
* Amazon CD: add delay to listing cache, as a workaround for files not appearing on ACD after upload.
* One Drive: Apply size fix to *.bmp files, Always fix file size after upload.
* SFTP: speed up, fix memory leaks, improve randomness.
* GSTP Client: fix problems in Forwarder change, reconnections did not always happen.
* GSTP Server: fix delayed PickupSession UDP messages kill current session.
* GSTP Server: request authentication to show Server stats.
* Explorer: fix uploading entire folder placed files into wrong folder.
* Encrypted Files: improve error message that occurs when password is wrong.
Version 9.9.36 Dec 14, 2015
* One Drive: improve error and timeout processing.
* Amazon Cloud Drive: improve error and timeout processing.
* Amazon Cloud Drive: Allow \ (backslash) and " (double quote) in file and folder names.
* GSTP Client + Server: improve speed of finding best connection right after server starts.
* GSTP Client: Client now asks Mediator for better connection every 20 min.
* GSTP Server: fix old auth tickers were getting stuck after Mediator restart.
* MSI installer: fix MSI installer was resetting saved Windows UserID.
Version 9.9.35 Nov 24, 2015
* One Drive: fix bugs.
* S3: detect servers that do not return download range properly.
* Windows Shares FS: faster bail out from slow listing when shutting down.
* GSTP: make Forwarder work when Server cannot receive UDP packets from Mediator.
* GSTP and Proxies: use direct connection if it is available.
* Server: fix retries on slow processing on server side.
* Server Web UI: restart Server on all user changes, to achieve greater consistency.
* MSI installer: fix MSI installer was resetting Connect mode to Local Only.
* GSTP: several fixes for smaller problems.
Version 9.9.34 Nov 13, 2015
* Fix localization not working in GS installer, after we switched to NSIS 3b1.
* OneDrive: workaround for MS servers returning incorrect listings from time to time.
* OneDrive: do not use disk cache for folder listing results, as they lack consistency.
* OneDrive: on errors 5xx when listing folders start listing from the beginning.
* GoodSync Connect Setup: Add option to 'Replace Existing GS Connect Users with the new one'.
* Proxy Options: When user changes Proxy option, make it effective for GS Server too.
* Proxy IE: port Internet Explorer (WinInet) proxy settings into GS Server.
* GSTP ver 3 protocol: fix several issues related to reconnects caused by network problems.
* GSTP Server: Separate Mediator reg and UPNP discovery, so that one does not slow another.
Version 184.108.40.206 Oct 28, 2015
* OneDrive: Limit maximum number of parallel threads to 6.
* OneDrive: Set file mod time: Retry up to 3 times on conflicts or not-set situation.
* OneDrive: fix some rare crashes on upload.
* Google Drive: Large file upload: fix error 403 'requested mime-type change forbidden'.
* Amazon Cloud Drive: Fix 500 Internal Server Error while listing directory pages.
* Sending Email after Job ends: when substituting variables, preserve foreign characters.
* Runner: fix rare crashes related to shared memory handling.
* GSTP: assign only default forwarders to old GSTP 1/2 servers.
* GSTP client and server: improve connecting via Proxies.
* Installer: do not ask for program file folder, use default setting.
* Mediator: improve parallelism, fix some small bugs.
Version 220.127.116.11 Oct 11, 2015
* Installer: Upgrade NSIS installer to ver 3.0b2, it better supports Windows 10.
* GSTP: automatically switch from direct to forwarded connection, when direct connection goes bad.
* GSTP Server: fix minor bugs in File Close and Reopen.
* GSTP Receiver: fix issues that happen when client requests reconnects via different forwarder.
* GSTP: fix switching from forwarded to direct connection.
* GSTP: speed up connecting via forwarder, when many sessions start at the same time.
* GSTP: do not use Server as a Forwarder, if it does not run Forwarder.
* Pause: do not allow Pause to pause during GSTP transaction, only between transactions.
Version 9.9.31 Sept 29, 2015
* GSTP client: improve reconnect sequences on connection loss.
* GSTP client: less logging, to speed up operations.
* GSTP server: fix some crashes, speed up.
* OneDrive: Handle the situation when user account does not have displayName.
* OneDrive: Add gif images to the list of file types which need the size fix.
* Explorer and Browse Dlg: Make Folder: check folder name for illegal chars.
Version 9.9.30 Sept 16, 2015
* GoodSync Connect: new GSTP protocol version 3, provides for:
-- Faster connection to Server via Forwarder.
-- No talkback from Mediator to Server is needed.
-- Forwarders are dynamic and can be changed during one session.
-- Multiple Official Forwarders can be used, achieving higher speed.
-- Faster recovery from Client and Server loss of Internet connection.
* Windows 10: add full support for Windows 10, show correct OS version.
* SyncLib: allow file mod time time translation when file system does not store file mod time correctly.
* WebDAV: fix issues in PROPFIND results parsing that could lead to bad listings.
* OneDrive: new implementation that supports OneDrive API ver 2.0.
* OneDrive: set file mod time on server side using new OneDrive API.
* Amazon S3: circumvent limit on total number of blocks in file uploaded.
* SFTP: do new handshake per RFC 4419, discontinue Diffie Hellman Kex method.
* Google Drive: fix '403 Forbidden' when delete a file/folder that is shared with us.
* On File Change: fix problems in Change detection, when summing up multiple changes.
* Explorer: fix not closing server-side file on Cancel of Upload.
* Explorer and Browse dialog: improve reaction to Stop.
* Linux: fix reading license file, add /profile=folder option to gs-server.
* Enterprise: add Enterprise Runner, a service that runs dispatcher-originated jobs.
Version 9.9.24 July 02, 2015
* Licensing: switch to new scheme similar to RoboForm, more secure.
* Licensing: add version 10 licenses and their processing in GS.
* Activation: add option to Reset All Activations, to release license held by old computers.
* On File Change: show all changes, sum them up only in Increment Analyze, not before.
* On File Change: remove Analyze Only option, Analyze must be followed by Sync.
* On File Change: fix missing changes with short 1 or 2 char names.
* On File Change: increase max number of changes before overflow to 10,000.
* Clean of History and Recycled files: fixed several small issues.
* Log Viewer: show logs when No GsData option is specified.
* SkyDrive: fix processing of special characters at the end of folder names.
* GS Connect Mediator: new GoodSync Connect Account Management system.
* GS Connect Mediator: convert to using SQL database, improve speed.
* GS Connect Setup: allow empty Windows password, for non-password auth.
Version 9.9.23 June 12, 2015
* Amazon Cloud Drive: add file system to sync with it, based on new official API.
* GS server: Do not compute user profile folder, as it may cause errors and is not used.
* Sockets + SSL: improve error processing.
* Explorer: Fix description of link.
* Explorer: Do not select File/Folder properties text.
Version 9.9.22 June 02, 2015
* DAV: fix bugs in parsing of Propfind results.
* FTP + SSL: Turn bad EOF (SSL protocol violation) into a good EOF, as some servers do it.
* On File Change: Make Network Connect/Disconnect work for On File Change jobs.
* Mini-Mode: Make AutoHide of Mini-Window work again.
* Fix when finishing job shows a lot of logs messages, GUI may never register job finish.
* Runner + Unattended jobs: improve showing logs in GUI.
* Server Impersonation: fixed rare crashes on errors.
* Server Web UI: improve graphics and log download.
* Cleanup: When deleting History and Saved folders, delete _recycled_db._gs too.
Version 9.9.21 May 22, 2015
* DAV: improve parsing of Propfind results, to get listing from on-compliant servers.
* FTPS: retry full FTP connect upon errors when switching to SSL.
* MTP: provide our own name if device does not return DeviceFriendlyName.
* Job Names: trim leading and trailing spaces, limit names to 99 characters.
* Job Export to TIX: do not output default values of fields.
* User Stop: speed up User Stop of sockets by sending RST packet.
* gsync: Add option /encrypt-plain to encrypt plain-text password of connectoid.
* GS server: fix rare crashes related to impersonation.
* GS server: faster escalation of discovery on connection loss.
* GS server: fix not connecting after server FS sleep, when in ServerTop mode.
* GS Server: Web UI: misc fixes.
* GS Server: Web UI: return 401 on failed auth attempt, so that user can re-auth.
* Do not remove Analyze time error when doing Sync, as it will be shown.
* Explorer: Job bookmarks list: fix sometimes partial list was shown.
* Explorer: fix file and folder copy operations, esp. Drag and Drop.
* Explorer: rewrite Move/Rename file/folder to better use file system abilities.
Version 9.9.20 May 01, 2015
* GS Server + Share Mount: fix share authentication/connection problems.
* GS Server + Mapped Drives: faster and more accurate extraction of mapped network drive mapping.
* GS Client + Mapped Drives: speed up getting Drive to UNC path mapping.
* GS Connect Setup: allow System User ID to be editable.
* Sockets + HTTP: Use fast closing of sockets in all HTTP-based file systems.
* Improve Move/Rename emulation for file systems that do not have Move to other folder (MTP, some FTP).
* FTP: add connectoid option: Rename works only at one level.
* Runner-GUI: fix bugs that caused not always reporting state of Job in Runner to GUI.
* Runner-GUI: fix jobs with names longer than 62 characters do not update status.
Version 9.9.19 Apr 24, 2015
* Fix problems in listing and mounting mapped network drives.
* Fix handling of some situations with mutexes that could cause freeze.
* GS server: Return UniqueServerId in all responses.
* GS server: fix WebUI does not make change of user home folder effective right away.
* GS server: prevent Windows computer from going into Sleep while serving files.
* GSTP mediator: cache data supplied by mediator for 5 seconds.
* Sockets: reconnect on connect timeout, may help with by broken TCP/IP stack.
* Home File System: make it have only one Server, with each folder attached to it as a disk.
Version 9.9.18 Apr 10, 2015
* OneDrive, OneDrive Pro, Office 365: Fixed Error 500, caused by MS server changes.
* UserStop, TimeOuts and Errors: make GoodSync stop faster when these occur together.
* Sockets: improve socket shutdown sequence both for normal and error disconnect.
* Policies: make ProfilePath enterprise policy work correctly.
Version 9.9.17 Mar 31, 2015
* Stopping Jobs: if user clicked Stop 2nd time then perform fast stop
that does not close remote file handles and does not save state file.
* Parallel Sync: Reconnect main thread's file systems if they were sitting idle for 15 min or more.
* Parallel Sync: Limit number of Parallel Threads in a Job by File System limits.
* Scripts tab: allow noattach: wait: errors: prefixes to come in any order.
* DAV: workaround for DAV servers that do not return complete URL in list results.
* FTP: workaround for ftp.LiveDrive.com that freezes control connection after LIST with argument.
* Office 365: Added 'API scope' parameter to Office 365 connection.
* GSTP Forwarder: improve locking system, to avoid crashes and deadlocks.
* Sockets: improve data connection socket shutdown procedure, good for FTP.
* Sockets: improve detection of private network IP addresses.
* Proxies: Added Socks5 proxy support, invoked when proxy host has socks5:// prefix.
Version 9.9.16 Feb 25, 2015
* OneDrive: Authenticate directly using OAuth2 when doing upload, fixes 'Missing MSPAuth header' error.
* OneDrive: Fix large (>=100Mb) file uploads that run over one hour.
* SFTP: Added support for hmac-sha2-256 in our SFTP client.
* GSTP: perform quick reconnects on server, fixes errors caused by long client inactivity.
* GSTP: Home File System: allow several servers, for multiple folder mapping.
* GSTP: improve file system code that represents top folder of the server.
* Linux: do stored password encryption in users.tic file and such.
* gsync: add CL line option /pwd-encr-1(2) to specify encrypted password for job side.
* Browse/Explorer: show correct URLs for file:// and file:/// at the root of the Server.
Version 9.9.15 Feb 05, 2015
* S3: Add support for AWS4 authorization scheme, now required by Frankfurt region.
* S3: Browse: add connectoid option to use AWS4 authentication, AWS3 is now default.
* S3: Do not use ?location in host-based addressing + proxies, use bucket.s3.amazonaws.com host.
* On File Change: Processing blocks with file changes: do more checks to avoid crashes.
* Fix affiliate id detection, when embedded into distribution.
* sib-http: Some cleanup and fixes.
Version 9.9.14 Jan 06, 2015
* Google Drive: new implementation: faster, more accurate, better caching.
* Installer: new Affiliate Id generation scheme, no need to sign on server.
* S3: fix creation of buckets.
* S3: fix computation of host for EU constraint.
* Help -> About: show all licenses this computer has, not just one.
Version 9.9.13 Dec 31, 2014
* S3: connect to regional hosts from /?location, not to bucket hosts.
* S3: when connecting, get location of bucket to validate credentials.
* Reconnect: make it work on long and slow non-blocked uploads (DAV, Office365).
* Reconnect: fix long-disconnected hosts not always reported in multi-thread sync.
* Reconnect: make it work properly for GSTP protocol (GS Connect).
* Reconnect: implement it in Windows file system, for Windows Shares (SMB).
* If we cannot create _gsdata_ folder, do NOT turn this side of the job into NoGsData side.
* GS-server: fix setting personal profile folders on new connections (more than 2).
* GUI: Fixed Problems in high contrast Windows 8 mode.
* DAV: fix connecting to SSL server with TLS 1.0 (no ECDHE ciphers).
Version 9.9.12 Dec 11, 2014
* SSL: Fix no HTTPS connectivity for IIS servers that have SSL v3 disabled.
* SSL: Fix HTTPS upload stall for IIS servers that have buggy TLS 1.0.
* SSL: when getting syserr from SSL socket read/write, do disconnect on error.
* SSL: Change support and activation URLs to always use SSL version of GS site.
* Office365: Get rid of excessive retries on HTTP code 401.
* SharePoint -> Office365 migration: show more concise error message.
* GDocs: Google finally deployed fix for longer-than-1-hour file upload bug.
Version 9.9.11 Nov 28, 2014
* Syncing Locked Files + Mod Time of Source File: fix it was not always updated on Win 8.1
* Fix OpenSSL crashing on old processors that do not have SSE instructions.
* FTP: When listing, ignore 'total NNN' and other such garbage lines.
* Global Options Proxy + GS Runner: Propagate changes in proxy options and log level too.
* Rename Losing Files in Auto Conflict Resolution: fix bugs in computing Conflicted name.
* Rename Losing Files in Auto Conflict Resolution: Delete vs File conflict: do not rename.
* Post-Analyze/Sync Email: allow custom email text with %VAR% parameters.
* Post-Analyze/Sync Email: shorter default email texts, allow email on PreAnalyze.
* GS Runner: Fix GS Runner was not reading changes in Global Program Options.
* FTP: Workaround for Synology FTP server does not return error when listing non-existent file.
* FTP: Fix GS was not returning any errors on non-parseable LIST listing lines.
* FTP: Allow servers that return PWD result without "" around path.
* FTP: Allow control connection not responding after long upload (> 90 sec).
* Protecting system files: Disallow writing to actual Windows folder, not C:\Windows.
* Sib-SSL: Return error when SSL_read returns 0 and SSL_get_error returns SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL.
* Linux: Make /pre-analyze-action, /post-analyze-action and /post-sync-action work on Unix.
Version 9.9.10 Oct 31, 2014
* MTP: Fix MakeFolder does not work on some devices.
* MTP: Set file/folder modification and creation time, for new devices.
* MTP: Always set original file name, some devices require it.
* MTP: Do not allow Parallel Sync for MTP.
* OneDrive: fix crash in Browse dialog.
* Office 365: Allow single quote ' character in file and folder names.
* Copy Locked Files: Fix when copying Locked File to SMB, we may get AccessDenied.
* Set Folder Mod Time on Folder Close: use normalized folder name.
* Browse Dialog: Do not allow selecting multiple folders that are not on the same disk.
* Browse Dialog: Allow selecting root node of remote servers and creating New Folder there.
* Browse Dialog: Show Link icon overlay for links to files or folders.
* Parallel Sync: transfer Long Disconnect status of file system from workers to the main.
* DAV/Office365 upload: fix retrying on disconnect.
* Sib-Http Auth: fix Auth parser may cycle on corrupted auth header.
* Sib-Http SSL: revise Certificate Authority list.
* Upgrade to OpenSSL ver 1.0.1j that fixes several security issues.
Version 9.9.9 Oct 17, 2014
* CopyACL: fix CopyACL (done as CopyTime) did not work for empty folders.
* On File Change: Allow %VAR% in sync folder paths.
* Error Codes: fix them, so that GSTP error codes are compatible between versions.
* Office 365 and OneDrive Pro: register grvopen:// protocol handler, so that clicking
Sync button in Office365 web site creates sync job with proper URLs.
* Office 365, OneDrive Bsns: delete token when we get 'invalid audience' error.
* GDocs: Fix error 'Download: received body length differs from promised'.
* OneFile: add new OneFile file system, where entire file/folder tree
is compressed, encrypted and placed into one target file.
* Filters: fix bug in applying Include Non-Absolute Filter such as 'name *.rfp'.
* Locks: perform Wait For Locks outside the job, not inside the job.
* Locks: fix incorrect deletion of lock files on User Stop.
* Sib-Http: always return HTTP code 303 as NotFound error.
* Elevation: fix error processing when sending error from the elevated server.
* GS Explorer: make User Stop work better in Copy/Piaster and Drag/Drop.
* GS Explorer: improve error diagnostics on Copy/Paste and Drag/Drop.
* Home FS: fix setting root dir, it was not translating Home FS URLs properly.
* DAV: Allow listed items with status HTTP 1.0 status.
* Command Line: add /schedule-details options to control /on-scheduler.
Version 9.9.8 Sep 24, 2014
* Fix crashes when changing jobs after Analyze (and Sync) All.
* Fix crashes in generating formatted numbers for GUI tree.
* Fix 'GsSetNodeCS: empty name' error, can happen on Unknown Changes.
* Sib-Http: make re-auth work after we got bad auth error.
* Fix crashes on moving jobs in Job List.
Version 9.9.7 Sep 11, 2014
* Sync Tree: reduce memory usage about 50% on large trees.
* Http-Sockets: Fix problems in downloading large chunked bodies.
* Browse dialog + Multi check boxes: Do not drill down folders in Exclude list.
* Fix tree top not shown on User Stop, Errors, or AutoClear.
* Log Window: Do not show occasional ^B char that designates error line.
* Ignore double-click command when job runs.
* Fix crash happens on really old CPUs due to cmovz instruction.
Version 18.104.22.168 Aug 29, 2014
* Fix high memory demand that appeared in ver 9.9.5 and 22.214.171.124.
* On File Change: Fix GoodSync may get stuck when waking up from sleep.
* OneDrivePro/SharePoint and Office365: Deny access to /Documents/Forms, .one
* OneDrivePro/SharePoint and Office365: Refresh OAuth2 access_token when it expires.
* OneDrivePro/SharePoint FS: Fix long URI problem with MoveFile and CopyFile.
* Fix a crash when Auto-Analyze was erasing Sync Tree from previous Analyze/Sync.
* Fix update of state of Under-Runner job when it is taken from Runner into Full GUI.
* Add Office365 file system which is mostly SharePoint with OAuth2.
* On File Change: fix First Full Analyze does not fully reset the sync tree.
* Job Status: improve showing correct visual job status.
* GoodSync Close: fix waiting for not-owned jobs (Full GUI vs Runner).
* Installer: when installer closes GoodSync, does not ask user whether to close.
* GS server Local Elevation: fix auth problem on reconnect after timeout.
* WinFileSys + Elevation: Local Account on GS server needs System User ID to SetFileOwner.
* WinFileSys: Use GetAttributes with elevation in SetAttributes.
Version 9.9.4 Aug 15, 2014
* OneDrive Pro (SharePoint): Add this new file system, not related to OneDrive.
* Multi-Thread Sync: fix freeze on bail out from terminal sync errors.
* WebDAV: fix user stop does not become effective immediately.
* Update job status shown in sync tree, at the top folder line.
* GS Server/Receiver: tighten up locks, to avoid parallelism-related errors.
* Speed up termination of job if file system becomes long-disconnected.
* GSTP client: Fix Auth may fail if direct addressing (no .goodsync suffix) is used.
* Make GoodSync work on old Athlon and AMD processor do not have SSE2 instructions.
Version 9.9.3 Aug 07, 2014
* GSTP Server: improve impersonation for Receiver and Direct connection.
* On File Change: make file monitoring work in Encrypted file system.
* Fix if GS is exited right after start, it may not stop right away due to log cleanup.
* Explorer: Show both encrypted and decrypted versions of connectoids for encrypted side.
* Explorer: fix error processing, fix overwrite dialogs not shown.
* Explorer: do not ask user confirmation for Copy and Move, ask it only for Delete.
* Add to Job Option -> Auto: Conflict Resolution: Rename Losing file, do not delete it.
* FTP: Return correct error on non-accept in Active FTP mode.
* MTP: Removed 'Device' level. Replaced Letter: inside Device with 'Storage'.
* Options: Increase Seconds to Reconnect to 6 digits positions (up to 11-day timeout).
Version 9.9.2 July 28, 2014
* Windows Shares: disconnect them after all jobs are not using them.
* Windows FS: call CancelSynchronousIo() on user stop, to make it stop faster.
* On Logoff: fix On Logoff jobs do not fire, if a job is running before Logoff.
* Deleting Recycled/State Files: fixed error/OK message.
* Windows 8 + 64 bits + more than 4 Gb memory: fix crashes.
* Folder Trees: fix crashes on Windows-8 if address randomization is On.
* Windows XP: fix Error 193, caused by new VS 2012 compilation.
* Fix Access Denied on deleting symbolic link to non-existent folder.
Version 9.9.1 July 21, 2014
* Media Devices (MTP) file system added as Beta: works on Windows 7/8, not on XP.
* Windows Shares: improve code that manages mapped drives.
* On Logoff: Fix only one of several On Logoff jobs runs.
* On Logoff: make running job Current in GUI, to inform user about what runs.
* On File Change + Sleeping: stop file monitoring on Sleep, restore it on wake-up.
* SkyDrive: fix getting size info of jpg/png files.
* FTP upload: Allow line code 125 to come after code 150.
* Pre-Analyze: send email with no logs if Pre-Analyze email is specified.
* Server Impersonation: fix leak in Login sessions.
* Server: improve locking between transactions coming to the session.
* Migrate GoodSync compilation from VS 2005 to VS 2012.
* Use job's Reconnect Timeout in Browse dialog FS operation.
Version 9.9.0 July 14, 2014
* When setting up GoodSync Connect in Local Only mode, do Not show Windows Password screen.
* Explorer: Fix not saving/deleting bookmark, because of wrong path.
* Amazon S3: fix not listing files, if more than 1000 files in one folder.
* On File Change: collect all recent changes just before Analyze, to prevent wrong sync.
* Mapped Network Drives: improve collection and listing from GS Runner/Server of these.
* Sym Links to Folders on Windows: fix several issues related to their creation and deletion.
* Windows 8: when listing ~HomeUser use Display User Name not Profile User Name, as they differ.
* Runner Service + SetFileOwner on close: do not insist on it, may be OK without it.
* Encrypted FS: do not adjust file size for non-file objects, such as links and folders.
* GS Server: fix a rare deadlock that was actually observed.
* Fix 'Runner Service Setup' opens GS Connect Setup in Always Elevated Windows acct.
* When writing state file, embed lock file info in it, to show who created the file.
* Analyze: Show number of changes, errors, conflicts, All Nodes in short version of log.
* Upgrade to OpenSSL ver 1.0.1h that fixes several security issues.
Version 9.8.9 July 01, 2014
* OneDrive: workaround for OD reports incorrect size after upload, for small .JPG files.
* Installer: improve and speedup install and uninstall sequences.
* Installer: Do not delete GS and GS Explorer desktop shortcuts, on reinstall.
* Installer: Fix problems in install of GS by multiple users, and from Limited user.
* Runner Service, Server Service: more secure storage of user credentials.
* Fully separate setup of Runner and Server services.
* Runner Service: allow Windows password to be empty, although Windows would object.
* Fix crashes in processing of a spurious out-of-range time (after year 2038).
* On File Change: fix Analyze error processing, it was not always reporting.
Version 9.8.8 June 22, 2014
* On Schedule: more fixes to wakeup timer management.
* On Schedule: fix waking up from Sleep/Standby.
* On Schedule Config: add Test button, to show schedule of job runs.
* Runner Service: make it work for Limited user.
* Runner Service: restart (not remove it) for other users on GoodSync reinstall.
* Runner Service: perform SetFileOwner on completion of operations in Runner.
* OneDrive: fix problems in uploading photos (JPG files).
* SyncLib: detect when uploaded file changes its size on the server (OneDrive can do it).
* Instances: improve detection of Multiple GoodSync instances, fix some issues.
* Instances: make GoodSync instance detection work correctly in No UAC mode.
* Installer: consolidate stopping GS services and closing EXEs, so that installer runs faster.
* Disk Letters mapped to Windows Shares are not visible in Services (by Windows design):
(a) Ask user to to change Disk Letter to UNC path in Browse dialog.
(b) Keep a list of Mapped Drives (Letters -> Shares) and use it to mount shares in Services.
* Fix trying to read non-existent mapped-drives.txt file.
Version 9.8.7 June 12, 2014
* gsync: Fix not writing job side (sync folder) log files.
* gsync: Fix not returning exit code on failed/errors/conflicts Analyze/Sync.
* Full GUI: Restore /exit and /exit-ifok command line options.
* OneDrive: new implementation of OneDrive (formerly SkyDrive) file system, uses OAuth2.
* On Schedule: Allow ranges and steps as elements of list of Int Values in time fields.
* On Schedule: schedules from 9.8.5 and 9.8.6 have to be redone, because of ranges/steps.
* On Schedule: implement waking up from Sleep/Standby when job is about to auto-start.
* Runner Service: do not show message boxes in it, there is no nobody to see them.
* Job Scheduler: Speed it up by rearranging check sequence.
* Job Scheduler: Rationale for dropping Windows Task Scheduler.
* Job Scheduler: Manual for New Task Scheduler.
Version 9.8.6 June 06, 2014
* Restore command line in GoodSync.exe, although it is still recommended to use it in Gsync.exe.
* Ask user before deleting Windows tasks that call GoodSync.
* Message boxes: make Yes / OK to be default choice, used to be No / Cancel.
* Unattended mode: Show job Elapsed Time.
* Runner Service Installer: do not install Runner Service if installed from MSI.
* Add Tools -> Setup Runner Service menu to setup Runner Service.
Version 9.8.5 June 03, 2014 -- Major Release
* New Unattended mode for all Auto options, run by GoodSync Runner Service.
* Runner Service runs Unattended Auto jobs even when you are logged off.
* New On Schedule Auto option, runs natively in Runner service, without Windows Task Scheduler.
* On Schedule Auto option specifies Minutes, Hours, DayOfMonth, Month. DayOfWeek when to run.
* Runner Service runs under your Windows User credentials, so it requests them on install.
* GoodSync GUI shows status of Unattended jobs, but you cannot see or change sync tree.
* When new GoodSync is installed, remove all Windows Tasks created by old GS versions.
* Speed up User Interface, by using more efficient signaling techniques.
* When deleting or renaming job that has file monitoring, stop monitoring first.
* SyncLib: Fix non-propagating of generations for deleted items that resulted in conflicts upon revival.
* SyncLib: Fix deleting items that have all their generations deleted as too old.
* SyncLib: reading state file: preserve extra info (MD5, ACL, ExtAttr) even if this job does not need it.
* SyncLib: fix diagnostics of duplicate items when folder that differ only by name case appear.
* SyncLib: writing state file: always write out root node, or else we may get EOF error on read.
* SyncLib: fix errors related to case-sensitive file systems and names that differ only by case.
* Do not delete sync tree, do not change run status of this job when intersecting job starts to Sync.
The idea is to preserve job run state, and only clicking Sync will show State File Changed error.
* Make default-level log shorter: show only start and end of Analyze and Sync and actual file actions.
* Stopping Jobs: make it faster by forcefully disconnecting sync folders.
* Prohibited file name characters: add | and * and " to the list, as Windows prohibits them.
* Google Drive: fix errors caused by concurrency vs caching.
* GSTP server: report mod-time, cre-time as unsigned long ints, as we are crossing 32-bit half-time.
* GSTP server: do SetFileOwner on server who knows not to do it for shares that do not accept it.
* Options: Move Cleanup Generations option from Job to Program Options.
* Restore saving/loading of Delete Empty Folders option.
Version 9.8.4 Apr 18, 2014
* Google Drive: fix 'root permissions.get: array is empty', caused by changes in GDocs server.
* Google Drive: add retry on setting file mod time, it may fail randomly.
* Browse dialog: improve and fix Multi-select of Folders and Files, see Manual for details.
* Browse Dialog: Auto-navigate to previously selected folder.
* Add Properties command to items Actions / Context Menu, to show info about file.
* High-Res DPI plus font scaling: make UI buttons bigger in this case.
* If user stops GS in the Deletes/FolderCreate phases of Sync, still save state file.
* SMTP: Add MIME type header to emails without attachment too.
Version 126.96.36.199 Apr 09, 2014
* Fix state file error caused by this combination:
NoGsData option is specified, embedded state file exists,
state file for the same folder does not exist in mirror folder.
* NoGsData folder option: create mirror folder when setting locks.
* Fix Move Mode Delete Empty Folders option behavior.
* Move Mode: Fix after sync error report.
* OpenSSL: upgrade to ver 1.0.1g to fix heartbeat bug.
* Fix display problems (small font) for High DPI settings.
* Restore option: Move Mode: Delete Empty Folders after Copy.
* SFTP: Fix cannot upload files larger than 4 Gb.
* Fix detection of Read-Only side: 1-way Job with NoGsData on Source Side.
* NoGsData side option: since it may be used on writable side, make all gsdata-related mechanisms work for NoGsData sides: (i) Lock folders, (ii) Recycle/History folders in gsdata.
* Explorer: Fix processing of upload errors.
* Explorer: Fix download of files/folders with :?<> in their names, by normalizing them.
Version 9.8.2 Mar 28, 2014
* SFTP: greatly speed up uploads and downloads by fixing slowness in protocol handler.
* FTP: Some servers return code 250, not 226 on successful LIST, allow it.
* Google Drive: fix a bug in MoveFolder, was caused by GetInfo changes.
* Options: Turn off Move Mode Delete Empty Folders option, folders will remain.
* Illegal Name warning: show it only once per name occurrence, not for every path.
* gscp: fix bugs, make copy operations actually work, can do fast SFTP now.
* SyncLib: fix some bugs in handling of file system-specific file names, to fix some Not Founds.
* SyncLib: if file system cannot do CopyFileFs, then still use MoveFile when moving to RecycleBin.
Version 9.8.1 Mar 24, 2014
* Options: Restore Move Mode, by popular demand.
* Options: Use Temp Files option now appears on the side, only for file systems that allow it.
* Options: Retry Sync If file Changes: set it to False by default.
* Restore that two read-only sides of the job are not dependent.
* FTP: accommodate servers that do Move only in the same folder.
* SSL: set auto-retry mode, so that users don't get SSL timeout on WANT_READ errors.
* Browse dialog: do not select URL, so that it does not scroll to the right.
Version 9.8.0 Mar 19, 2014
* Options: introduce Side Options, these are options specific to Left/Right sync folder.
* Add at-rest Encryption side option, both for file paths and file bodies, AES-256 cipher used.
* FTP: Accept code 221 after upload as a valid code.
* Google Docs: fix problem in download of native GDocs files.
* Options: Remove Use Temporary File option, each file system decides by itself how to upload.
* Options: move No GsData option from Advanced to Side options.
* Options: Advanced: Removed Verified One Way option, as relatively useless.
* Options: Advanced: Renamed Fast PreAnalyze option to Do not List Folders during Analyze.
* Browse, Windows FS: remove Encrypt/Decrypt by EFS option, replaced by Encrypt side option.
* Browse: Removed option Send Cookies, now each file system decides this on its own.
* Options: Discontinue Move Mode as it does not have clear meaning in synchronization.
* SyncLib: Direct File Copy: use better sequence that provides more integrity.
* Uber-unlocked mode: fix bug that resulted in writing file incorrectly in some cases.
* Merging Embedded State: fix some small issues.
* Sib-Http: Fix Cannot submit GSSS ticket via proxy.
* OpenSSL: Upgraded to ver 1.0.1f.
* SharePoint servers: Workaround for some IIS-6 servers return incorrect EOF in SSL.
Version 9.7.9 Feb 14, 2014
* Google Docs: workaround for Error 400 on saving of state file.
* FTP, SFTP: fix and improve reconnect, especially on upload and download.
* DropBox, SkyDrive: improve handling of reconnects on loss of connection.
* DAV server: fix upload/download problems.
* On File Change: When user stops Sync, let stack unwind and lock file to unlock.
* On File Change: If one side cannot monitor (iPhone server), still allow monitoring on the other side.
* Explorer: fix freezing on Copy/Paste and Drag/Drop.
Version 9.7.8 Feb 07, 2014
* Reconnects: add in-transaction reconnect to all remote file system.
* Reconnects: remove synclib-level reconnects, they are in file system now.
* Replace Reconnect and Attempts to Reconnect options with Total Secs for Reconnect.
* SkyDrive: implement reconnects in chunked BITS uploads.
* FTP: implement reconnects, restart the file from the beginning.
* SFTP: implement reconnects, restart the file from the beginning.
* Reading State File: fix processing of local continuation file.
* Saving State File: add elevation when Access Denied happens in direct write.
* GS Server: fix possible crashes on closing when serving many clients.
* UPNP discovery: be less restrictive, to do better port forwarding.
Version 9.7.7 Jan 28, 2014
* Google Docs: Increase number of retries and timeouts, as GDocs is really slow and faulty.
* SkyDrive: note that you cannot upload files larger than 2Gb to SkyDrive.
* User Stop: stop remote file system operations faster, by closing the socket.
* UPNP: if device reports no WANIPConnection service, still try UPNP forwarding setup.
* UPNP devices may be slow to reply, so on UserStop break the connection to unwind faster.
* S3 and SkyDrive: fix rare crashes in download of large files.
* Analyze with Compare File Bodies and MD5s: fix several medium issues.
* Remote FS to Remote FS: fix some sequences that could cause problems.
Version 9.7.6 -- Jan 23, 2014
* SkyDrive: Implement Multi-Part download, to avoid dropped connections.
* S3: Fix multi-part download, it was not working for large files.
* Dropbox: MoveFile and MoveFolder: make them work when only name case changes.
* FTP: improve error processing when we encounter errors in file listing.
* GSTP: fix recursive cycling on disconnect where reconnect did not work.
* Analyze: if we encounter chars \ ? : < > in file name, turn them into _
* Process situations when file size changed during upload or download.
* Copy Locked Files: more fixes to it, especially in client-server.
* Options: Add option Retry Sync If File Changes to Advanced, On by default.
* Options: Remove option Check File Change between Analyze and Sync.
* State File Read: fix error in local continuation file processing.
* Do not allow Delete/Rename of a Job that does File Monitoring.
* Allow case-only Rename of a Job.
* Fix Analyze with MD5 Checksum, make it work on locked files.
Version 9.7.5 -- Jan 16, 2014
* Multi Thread Sync + Free Space Update: fix crash resulting from parallelism.
* Free Space Computation: Fix update quant not computed correctly, too small at 256 Kb.
* Copy Locked Files: Make it work for Block Upload/Download from GSTP server too.
* DAV: fix uploads to server that do a lot of redirects.
* Remote File System retry: improve it, use exponential backoff with randomization.
* Google Docs: Do browser-based auth only if refresh token has been revoked or damaged.
* Google Docs: Fix native document import and export.
* Google Docs: Upload file larger than 20 Mb without preview, as server times out building the preview.
* Analyze Filters by size and file mod time: use natural values for non-files:
zero size for folders, links and deleted items;
null time (01/01/1970) for links and deleted items.
* UI: Fix focus is being stolen by Analyze All (F6).
Version 9.7.4 -- Jan 11, 2014
* Increase speed and responsiveness due to better locking.
* Windows XP: fix freezes and lockups.
* Fix crashes in Sync that appeared in ver 9.7.2.
* Google Drive: Fix Error code 401 in long uploads, more than 1 hour.
* Linux: fix license activation related issues.
* Google Drive: improve retries on upload of large files.
* FTP: fix MDTM option not working when doing LIST.
* SkyDrive: reduce chunk on upload of large files to 8 Mb.
* S3, Dropbox: improve upload of short files.
* UI tree updates: fix rare crashes, make it more smooth.
* At the end of sync show only average speed, no current speed in ().
Version 9.7.1 -- Jan 03, 2014
* Google Drive: Fix Analyze when files have no modification date on them.
* Google Drive: do the traditional chunked upload for large files.
* SFTP: speed up upload and download by using better conveyor.
* FTP: Add user option to Use 'LIST -la' command, do not use it by default.
* FTP: properly parse 550 Not Found returned by some IIS FTP servers.
* UI Sync Tree: fix some crashes that happen when many updates arrive.
* State Files: Ignore (both read and delete) old format (ver 3) state files.
* State Files: if we cannot list or read state file, return hard error.
* GDocs, Dropbox: Add MIME-type for SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) image files.
* Dropbox FS: improve stability and error handling.
* Explorer: Fix cannot delete file in RoboForm Everywhere Server.
* GS Server Web UI: Add "GoodSync Connect Status" tab, to monitor user activity.
* Scripts: Convert %LOGPATH% to '\', it was with '/' after recent changes.
* Windows File System: address more '\' vs '/' issues.
* Windows FS: apply Copy Locked when file is partially locked (Outlook does that).
* Windows FS: handle more Access Denied errors, by elevation.
* Upload/Download: improve architecture of file systems and speed of transfer.
Version 9.6.2 -- Nov 29, 2013
* Fix Unattended GoodSync may accept work as a main GoodSync instance, which it should not do.
* Fix getting Error 123 when one side of a job has a folder created by subst command.
* Add new Countable Changes View, it does not count file renames caused by parent folder renames.
* Use Changes from Countable Changes View in Auto job Items Changed threshold computation.
* Fix Copy Locked Files from Local WinFS to RemoteFS not working.
* Changed WebUI server port from 4444 to 11000, to avoid conflict with Wiki Service on Mac.
* Fix resolution of Conflict on Copy ACL of two folders.
* Copy ACL and Extended Attributes: some final polishing.
* Task Scheduler: fix '\' to '/' conversion that could affect task operations.
* Server: change SSL-Force option to Plain-Allow.
* Add new options and command line option to GoodSync Manual.
Version 9.6.1 -- Nov 15, 2013
* Analyze, Compare MD5: make it detect direction of changes, by saving MD5s to state file.
* Analyze, Compare Bodies: Fix it was trying to read directories as if it were files.
* Copy ACL when file did not change: several fixes.
* Recycle DB for _saved_ folder: Fix DB not always correctly loaded and saved.
* Dropbox, Google Drive: if interactive auth happens on Analyze or Sync, store its results.
* SMTP: Add StartTls option. If on, issue STARTTLS on plain-text connection, then switch to SSL.
* FTP: allow login without credentials, upon connect to server.
* Do not issue 'All Items Are Excluded' if we have one 'live' _gsdata_ folder that has been excluded.
* GS Explorer / Browse dlg: Show Links to Files together with files, not folders.
* Fix some issues related to '\' to '/' path transition in GsIO.
Version 9.6.0 -- Nov 04, 2013
* Compare ACL option: store ACLs in the state file, so that direction of sync can be determined.
* Compare MD5 option: store MD5s in the state file, to determine direction of sync.
* Google Drive and Dropbox via proxy: all auxiliary connections now do proxy too.
* Google Drive and Dropbox browser auth: better compatibility with IE 11.
* Google Drive, S3, Dropbox uploads: Added MIME-type for .mts and other video extensions.
* Windows IO: all internal paths now have '/' for separator, display paths still show '\'.
* getaddrinfo: Request only IP V4 IP addresses, to get rid of IP name resolve errors.
Version 9.5.9 -- Oct 25, 2013
* Added DropBox file system, so now one can sync with DropBox storage.
* Copy ACL: add option: Detect ACL/Owner changes even if file is the same.
* GSTP file system: allow user to specify private certificate.
* HTTP clients: fix proxy not working.
* Explorer + Google Drive: fix asking for browser auth and not memorizing it.
* UNIX: IP name resolution: add tail '.' to not allow UNIX to add suffixes.
* Server + UPNP: Fix crash on corrupted HTTP header lines.
Version 9.5.8 -- Oct 15, 2013
* Google Drive + OAuth2: show message box with instructions on how to authenticate.
* Google Drive: improve processing of errors on upload of large files.
* Non-Amazon S3 services (OneHub, HostEurope) do not support multi-part upload, so do not try it.
* Auto Jobs: Fix starting jobs on Sync All, after Analyze All.
* Auto Jobs: Fix Make Current was not working in Analyze Sync All.
* Dependence between Jobs: fix Read-Only Source Side jobs not properly accounted for.
* On File Change: Consolidate resetting of the sync tree, to fix crashes.
* On File Change: fix ignoring change when several changes of one item come in.
* Unix File Monitoring: do not report unknown changes, all changes now have path.
* Licenses: make all license data be processed correctly on UNIX.
* Mediator: when selected forwarder refuses to forward, properly move to default forwarder.
Version 9.5.7 -- Sep 27, 2013
* GS Server: fix not writing the logs.
* Auto Jobs: Parallel Jobs: Allow Auto jobs to run in parallel.
* Auto Jobs: check jobs to be eligible to start every 3 seconds (was 10 sec).
* Program Options: add max number of Auto jobs that can be run in parallel.
* Program Options: add option to change how often Auto Jobs are checked for start.
* Google Docs + Browse: Leave UserID editable, then use Browser to perform the Google Login.
* SSL Servers: improve handling of SSL contexts, allow multiple SSL contexts.
* SSL: removed bunch of revoked/bad certificates from our trusted root store.
* Servers: do not allow binary chars (code < 32) in user id.
* Servers: improve timeout handling.
* Explorer: fix GSE on exit does not wait for drag-and-drop task to finish.
* Browse/Rename/New Folder dialog: remove leading/trailing spaces from user entry.
Version 9.5.6 -- Sep 12, 2013
* SkyDrive: fix authentication, to fix 'Browser Auth failed: no cookies received'.
* Google Drive: if large image upload fails, retry upload with no preview.
* Google Drive: allow Stop when waiting for browser auth to happen.
* Sleep and Wakeup: improve sequence, to fix sometimes GS not coming out of sleep.
* User Change: fix move/rename processing after sync direction change by user.
* Recycled/History/Log Cleanup rules reviewed, to fix some missing cleanups.
* Add command 'Job -> Cleanup Recycled and History files' to force cleanup.
* Fix If both SavePrevVersion and SavePastVersions are off, Prev Version is still saved.
* On File Change: when First Full Analyze is requested, drop existing sync tree.
* Analyze time item stats: show correct size on left and right, reduce memory.
* On File Change + Sym Links + Drill Down: fix not drilling down into symlink.
* Delete Folder from context menu: if this is a link, delete it as a link.
* Fast PreAnalyze option On: fix Root folder does not get filled.
* Local/Zip file ops such as state file get: increase max path length to 2K.
* Time functions: use thread-safe variants of time functions.
* Unix file sys Connect: do not read /etc/mtab to speed up file system open.
* DAV server Move/Copy: do not compare destination-host to our host.
* HTTPS: use context that allows SSL-v2 connections, but deny them at negotiation.
* DAV server: add /dav-stats URL that shows server stats.
Version 188.8.131.52 -- Aug 25, 2013
* Google Drive/Docs: fix Error 500 in file operations.
* Google Drive: Do not attempt interactive auth on certificate problems.
* SSL: use newer list of Trusted CAs.
* SSL: Replace file cacert.pem file with built-in list of Trusted CAs.
* Do not allow switch to full GUI from minimode when /forceminiwin or /forcetray is specified.
* FTP, SFTP: Better passing of error codes, so that error recovery works correctly.
* AutoUpdate: improve checking for version number, use both sockets and WinInet.
* Web UI: Remove Client/Server mode buttons, to avoid killing the server.
* Add html-server, a simple high-performance web server with html-pp ext to HTML.
Version 9.5.4 -- July 11, 2013
* SkyDrive: fix No Certificate or it does not verify (error 20).
* Google Drive: Refresh authentication token before starting long file upload.
* Google Drive: provide additional details in all error messages.
* DAV mount: fix DAV mount not working, because of checking folder existence.
* GSTP Server: remove option not to run Local Manage Server, it must be run.
* Sib-Http: improve cookie parser and cookie transfer.
* UNIX: Fix No activation on some UNIX versions (Debian).
Version 9.5.3 -- July 02, 2013
* SkyDrive: fix 'Browser Auth failed: no cookies received' on block upload.
* GDocs: improve error to diagnostics to better pinpoint error files.
* GSTP: fix short retry turning into long retry on connection problems.
* DAV server: fix escaping file names.
* Remove Amazon Cloud Drive: https://www.goodsync.com/how-to-sync-amazon-cloud-drive
Version 9.5.2 -- June 25, 2013
* On File Change: fix errors when folder is replaced with a link to folder.
* State File: write state file to be compatible with GS versions before 9.5.0.
* Review Filters by Size and Time, to make compare results more consistent.
* User Change of Sync Direction: fix redoing rename/move optimization.
* User Change of Sync Direction: tighten up conditions for allowed operations.
* List of Changes by /list-changes=yes: add links, improve presentation.
* Windows FS: Allow elevation for SMB paths, as some operations need it.
* Compare File Bodies, MD5s: do NOT do it for Links, only do it for files.
* GS Server Windows Service: rewrite service start and stop to fix rare crashes.
* Browse Dialog: show multi-select checkboxes only for source side of 1-way job.
* Server: implement file system with per-user quota.
Version 9.5.1 -- June 18, 2013
* Windows Links: fix creating link for Mount Points.
* Explorer: add columns for Attributes, File Owner.
* Improve Support ticket file processing.
* Fix Link on source side not overwriting empty folder on destination.
* Copy File Owner over GSTP.
* Folder rename: do not allow folder to be renamed to file.
Version 9.5.0 -- June 14, 2013
* Attributes: Copy security bits attributes (windows: readonly, hidden, system, unix: rwxrwxrwx) from Windows to Windows, Mac to Mac, UNIX to UNIX and (limited conversion) even from Windows to Mac.
* ACL on Mac: now copy them on MacOS too, used to be only on Windows.
* ACL on Windows: fix Copy ACL not working when copying user different from user who runs GS.
* File Owner Mac: add option to copy file owner on Mac.
* File Owner Win: It was already copied as part of Copy ACL, now add option to copy only File Owner.
* Extended Attributes: copy them now on MacOS via GSTP, between computers.
* Links: turn link into an object separate from file and folder, not dependent on its target.
* Links: copy link mod time on Windows, where this is possible, not possible on UNIX.
* Links: Fix copy of Junction produces unusable junction.
* Sync of ReadOnly folders (No GsData option): fix we save state file in every folder of such job.
* Change mirror folder from _gsdata_mirrors_ to _mirrors_, delete old _gsdata_mirrors_ folders.
* Sync: fix not looking inside after Name Case Change operation.
* Sync: fix UserStop when reading state file was ignored.
* Server: add decreasing stack size and increasing file descriptors, to allow for more connections.
* AutoUpdate check and Log/Temp File Cleanup: perform them once a day, not just when GS starts.
* Browser dialog: fix Secure Mode (SSL) checks.
* Log Viewer: add CTRL+F keyboard shortcut for Search.
Version 184.108.40.206 -- May 20, 2013
* Azure: fix connections over proxy.
* S3 certificates: relax validation rules for sub-domains.
* Google Drive: fix authentication token refresh on expiration (1 hour).
* SkyDrive: always send cookies, remove option not to send them.
* Sym Links to SFTP: more fixes to link syncing.
* Copy ACL was not working when copying between Local and GSTP.
* Linux: change daemon option to /service=userid:groupid.
* Server: fix crash on incorrect server in Home FS (used by secondary users).
* Windows FS: fix file://=ComputerName/C:/folder was not resolving.
Version 220.127.116.11 -- May 07, 2013
* Make special file links to always drill down: WHS drive extender, Dedup links, or SIS links.
* Browse dialog: show folder links too, so user can drill into them.
* DAV: ignore server not returning info for sync folder, some servers (Strato) do it.
* SSL: Check certificates of all official servers (ACD, Azure, GDocs, S3, SkyDrive, RF Everywhere).
Do not sync with server that shows bad certificate, for security reasons.
* Socket file systems: better connection error reporting.
Version 9.4.8 -- Apr 02, 2013
* Fix Forwarder not sending single file (state file) or listing >= 256 Kb, if sent via Forwarder.
* GSTP Server: Do not allow Non-Admin (Limited) user to have empty Home Folder, for security.
* SkyDrive etc: fix URL is not shown correctly due to double encoding.
* Web UI: convert display URL to official URL in Home Folder.
Version 9.4.7 -- Mar 26, 2013
* SkyDrive: Fix large file uploads to root directory.
* SkyDrive: Fix large file uploads to old sub-domains such as sds://name.live.com.
* SkyDrive: Fix double encoding problem on HEAD done after LIST.
* Google Drive: Improve Analyze and Sync speed using GZIP and JSON optimizations.
* SFTP: reconnect on disconnect caused by idle connection.
* DAV: if we get HTML error message, return the text of it.
* FTP: Skip empty lines in MLSD listings, as Yahoo FTP server returns them.
* DAV Server: Make our DAV server to work with Windows 7 DAV client.
* DAV Server: Fix double encoding in MOVE destination processing.
* Forwarder Server: fix memory leak when forwarder reads file bodies.
* Server on Linux: add /service option to start as daemon.
* Server on Linux: add /set-discovery option to switch discovery mode.
* Server on Linux: rework help for command line options, add user management.
* GoodSync Connect Setup: add option not to use use our discovery services (Mediator, Forwarder) when computer has static IP name/address and can be addressed by this static name.
Version 9.4.6 -- Mar 13, 2013
* SFTP: fix rare crashes on User Stop, fix reconnect issues.
* SkyDrive: implement block upload of large files (20 Mb or more).
* Google Drive, S3: detect MIME type of file for upper case extensions too.
* OnTimer + OnFolderConnect / OnFileChange: fix OnTimer not firing in this combo.
* DAV server: fix not escaping ampersands.
* Unix FS + On File Change: fix relative paths, to make OFC always work.
* Unix FS + On File Change: implement file monitoring for Android.
* Enable New Folder in root folder of Home file system.
* Options: disable Propagate Deletions in 2-way jobs.
* Fix Analyze Compare Bodies returns False on short files.
* UI: fix some crashes and focus problems.
Version 9.4.5 -- Feb 26, 2013
* Uber-Unlocked Mode: if this option is On, files can be deleted or renamed when uploaded and GoodSync will immediately notice it. Best used in combination with On File Change, so we automatically turn it on for On File Change.
* On File Change: user stop of job now does not stop file monitoring.
* User direction change: Do not delete parent folders, if user change in children requires it.
* Job List: update Last Run Time at the end of On File Change jobs too.
* Windows Shares: optimize connecting/disconnecting them, to avoid unneeded operations.
* Windows FS: better report Home Drive Extender and Single Instance Storage links.
* Windows FS: check Volume Labels for prohibited characters such as '/' and ignore them.
* Google Docs: improve error processing, especially in resumable upload.
* SkyDrive: refuse to upload/download .one (One Note) files, as SkyDrive prohibits it.
* Amazon CD: add more international Cloud Drive sites.
* Forwarder: make GSTP chunks fit in memory buffer, do not dump them to temp files.
* Forwarder: Fix lingering sessions may never get deleted.
* Server: Clean server temp files (in server temp folder) on startup.
* Server: Fix incorrect error message about bad credentials if incoming user.
* Linux GS Server: fix not properly giving trial license in some cases.
* GUI: fix minor UI corruptions and some slowness.
* GUI: fix no auto-select of text input fields in all dialogs.
Version 9.4.4 -- Feb 06, 2013
* Sync Algorithm: allow changing of files while they are uploaded, do not lock these files.
* Google Drive: do resumable upload: when long upload fails, resume from the last good point.
* GSTP client: fix 'UserId not the same' and authentication errors on reconnect.
* FTP: allow 200 reply to CWD, used to be only 250.
* SSH: recognize OpenSSH private key file format.
* Windows Service for GS Server: fix install and restart problems.
* GUI: Do Not allow Drag And Drop of tabs to change job position.
* GUI: speed up mass change of direction of items after Analyze.
* GUI: speed up change of sync direction on large number of files.
* GUI: fix log window not always switching correctly when main window switches.
Version 9.4.3 -- Jan 26, 2013
* On File Change + GSTP: Allow it work when connection is via Forwarder.
* User Interface: speed it up and optimize, especially for many jobs.
* GUI: fix corruption of window sizes on the initial setup.
* Home File System: now each Server in it can have its own Target.
* Linux GS Server: add file monitoring for On File Change to work in Server.
* Linux: retrieve Computer ID, so that activation can work.
* GS Server: fix a rare crash on server closing.
* Installer: allow adding GoodSync to QuickLaunch bar in Windows 7.
* On Schedule Unattended Sync: fix some rare freezes.
* HTTP + NTLM: fix authentication when domain of servers differs from that of user.
* Job Options: NoGsData option: perform _gsdata_ folder cleanup in worker thread.
* Policies: fix some crashes when options-related policies are enabled.
Version 9.4.2 -- Jan 10, 2013
* Add command 'Analyze: Compare MD5s' to compare files based on checksums for sync verification.
* Add command 'Analyze: Compare Bodies' to compare file bodies for backup verification.
* List Changes: send output of this command to log file, not to string.
* Parallel Sync: fix rare crashes caused by race conditions.
* Special Operations such as Delete State Files: run in worker thread not to slow down GUI.
* Windows FileSys: Speedup resolution of ~UserName into user path.
Version 9.4.1 and 18.104.22.168 -- Jan 04, 2013
* On Timer: do not fire it if job is also disconnected On File Change / On Folder Connect.
* Speed up manual change of sync direction, when clicking directional buttons.
* Parallel Sync: improve lock structure to fix some crashes.
* Logging: add special Debug level, to be used only on servers.
* UPNP discovery: consider all UPNP devices, in case some of them are not good.
* Linux: add activation for Linux Command Line license.
* Google Drive: better handling for 403 'Exceeded their Drive storage quota'.
* License: do not treat Windows XP 64-bit as a server, it is a regular client.
Version 9.4.0 -- Dec 24, 2012
* Google Drive: re-introduce support for import/export of native documents.
* On File Change: fix issues in Incremental Analyze.
* Dependent Jobs: do not prevent one job from executing if dependent job has just errors but not conditions that really require user attention (such as Approve Too Many Changes).
* SFTP: fix negotiation with some servers that require flushing.
* GSTP Server: fix issues in Receiver that could have caused lost connections.
* GSTP Server: always pickup sessions from Forwarder, in case direct connection fails.
* GSTP Mediator: do not delay replying to Server for talkback.
* GSync and GoodSync /unatt: respect log level specified in global program settings.
* Sync Algorithm: diagnose when file system promises to preserve file time and breaks this promise and use time translation in this case.
* Enterprise version: fix activation for the next year.
* Options: fix and improve Simplified and Traditional Chinese translation.
Version 9.3.9 -- Dec 14, 2012
* Google Drive: multiple fixes in the FS new implementation introduced in ver 9.3.8.
* Google Drive: officially register GoodSync application with Google APIs.
* On File Change: fix crashes that may happen when picking changes before Analyze.
* SFTP: use our own sockets and proxy layer instead that of PuTTY, remove PuTTY profile.
* Localization: convert all *.RFS files from ANSI to UTF-8, to be edited only in UTF-8.
* GSTP: if mediator is available, do not collect list of servers on local network.
Version 9.3.8 -- Nov 30, 2012
* Google Drive: new implementation, based on V2 API. You will have to tell Google to allow GoodSync to use your Google Drive, via browser, first time you use it on a computer.
* SkyDrive: fix detecting wrong size of picture files (.png .gif .jpg).
* SkyDrive: fix case-rename of files was not working.
* SFTP: fix crash on network errors.
* Logging: Reduce amount of technical GS info written to default Actions (was Info) log.
* Logging: respect Log Level when writing to Job Logs, it used to be ignored.
* Unattended Mode and GSync Logging: add date-time-stamp it each log file line, it was not there.
* GSync: if new option /no-log-stamp is specified, then do not add timestamps to log lines.
* Parallel Sync: fix rare crash on many threads, when starting sync.
* Delete State and other files/folders (user command): do not drill down links when doing it.
* Sync Algorithm: do not add new generation when propagating to no-state side.
* Sync Algorithm: Fix Name Case Change was not working for file systems such as S3/Azure.
* Sync Algorithm: Left-Right Time Shift: remove some unneeded tests.
* Sync Algorithm: Verified 1-way Copy: restore creating conflict if dest of 1-way job changes.
* UI: fix include from context menu was not working for nested folders after first analyze.
* UI: fix selection when keyUp/keyDown pressed.
Version 9.3.7 and 22.214.171.124 -- Nov 16, 2012
* On Folder Connect: fix it not working in 1-way jobs and in non-local file systems.
* On File Change: fix conversion of 8.3 file paths to regular paths.
* On File Change: use map when accumulating changes, to avoid dups and save memory.
* GSTP: try local discovery for .goodsync servers only if we cannot contact Mediator.
* GSTP: do not try to connect via Forwarder, if this is to non-.goodsync server.
* Job Options: rearrange and simplify them, to improve usability. See manual for details.
* Job Options: Move Mode (Delete Source after Copy) is now checkbox, not selection.
* Job Options: add option to delete empty source folders in Move Mode
* Job Options: Read-Only Source side moved to Advanced options, next to No GsData.
* Job Options: discontinue Do Not Propagate Deletions for 2-way jobs, it makes no sense.
* Job Options: Move Parallel Threads and Compare File Checksums to General options.
* Sync Algorithm: rewrite maintenance of Recycle Bin, to speed it up.
* Sync Algorithm: reduce memory consumption due to Recycle Bin and MD5 compare changes.
* Sync Algorithm: Copy Folder Mod Time: Do it only in 1-way jobs and never in 2-way jobs.
* Move Mode: fix RtoL not working, trying to delete non-empty folders.
* Better crash catcher that can always catch crashes in GUI thread.
* Explorer: do not allow rename/move of buckets in S3 and other immovable folders.
* Program Options: fix SMTP Test not using new settings.
Version 9.3.6 -- Nov 05, 2012
* On File Change: fix it not always working in GSTP client-server setup.
* On File Change: if one of the jobs requests user input, then all its dependent auto jobs wait too.
* On File Change: make it work in Home File System, used by GS server home folder users.
* GSTP: if two computers cannot talk directly, always allow them to talk via Forwarder.
* FTP: fix errors on some reconnect sequences.
* HTTP: reconnect after transferring 256 Mb or more, on next request.
* HTTP: fix not closing upload connection on user stop.
* Stop Sleep Shutdown: add always showing the stop reason on these system events.
* Save State: do long reconnect if file system becomes disconnected before it.
* Sync algorithm: fix 2-sec time difference detection not always working.
* Parallel Sync: fix unwinding stack in cases of errors and user stop.
* Browse dialog and Explorer: log user actions, for easier troubleshooting.
* Options: make tooltips for options dialog stay longer.
* Log Window: show timestamp for all lines in Log Window.
* Log Window: fix red lines not always correctly assigned to errors.
* Filters: fix Any time!= filter was not working.
Version 9.3.5 -- Oct 23, 2012
* Fix right-click (context menu) picking the wrong item.
* Browse: Fix display of file filters.
* Parallel Sync: fix user stop was not executing some closing operations.
* IP name resolution: use thread-safe function, to prevents errors when server starts.
* GSTP Local Discovery: if several clients try to do it at once, do it only once.
* Server: fix log folder does not change right away when changed from Web UI.
* Server: speedup recovery on server IP address change.
* Server: do not require license for local IP address, do not require SSL either.
* Server: fix reporting of server shutdown.
* UI: fix select of multiple files/folder in sync tree using CTRL key.
* Sync Reconnect: make it work for GSTP when it cannot reconnect internally.
* Amazon CD: make it work with non-US Amazon servers.
* WebDAV: make it for for servers that do not return Content-Length in GET.
* Azure: fix 409 conflicts and other issues.
* Parallel Sync: fix detecting User Stop and terminal errors.
* Sync: fix moving file/folder to a name that differs only by case from item that was there before.
* Time: fix time conversion on UNIX-like systems.
Version 9.3.4 and 126.96.36.199 -- Oct 07, 2012
* Server: allow several Admins per computer, one per Admin Windows user.
* Server: Global Discovery: rewrite to speed up locating server on transitions.
* Server: UPNP: fix handling ActionTEC (Verizon FIOS) routers, they misreport mappings.
* Server: Re-introduce Unique Server ID, to detect that server has been replaced.
* Fix GoodSync was not properly stopping jobs when computer goes to Sleep.
* Fix On Logoff jobs do not always start properly and may case a freeze.
* On File Change: delete visual tree on the 'rebound' Analyze after Sync.
* Browse dialog: redo implementation of drill down to file system, to speed it up.
* WebDAV: by default use temp files on upload, assuming that MOVE verb does work.
* S3 and Azure: fix MoveFolder implementation, was not working well in Explorer.
* Azure: fix non-existent folder is listed as present in Browse dialog.
* Show separate log message for two-sided filters, to show how many items they excluded.
* Explorer: make multi-select drag-and-drop work correctly.
* Explorer: when assembling Pasted items, do resolve ~UserName/folder paths.
* Browse dialog: fix focus problems that cause auto-select of bookmark.
Version 9.3.3 and 188.8.131.52 -- Sep 23, 2012
* Add process id to global log file name, in case several goodsyncs run in parallel.
* Sync Algorithm: fix deleting of state local continuation file if no changes detected.
* Sync Algorithm: Execute CopyState operations on the 1st (delete) pass of Sync.
* Cleanup of Recycled files from _saved_: Delete empty folders too.
* Fix cleaning up of recycled items in _saved_ folders.
* Move option of 1-way Forced Copy: delete source folders too.
* Scripts Option: add 'noattach: ' prefix that does not attach log file to email.
* Global Connect -> SMTP option: add Test button to test settings.
* Global Options: remove option to reset warnings.
* When GS crashes with error 8 inform user about Not Enough Memory.
* GSTP and HTTP: fix socket/HTTP recovery on stopping downloads of large files.
* Servers and Sockets: faster stopping of servers, less wait for sockets.
* Add date and time stamps to log lines in _gsdata_ logs.
* Wait For Locks Option: make this option be effective only for jobs in auto mode.
* Auto options: Remove option Rename Not Delete losing file.
* Sync Algorithm: Do not allow Copy Time operation if L and R files differs in case of name.
* Sync Algorithm: fix this combo: file copy to existing file, file name differs in case only.
* FTP: Active Mode: better error processing when data connection not created.
* Writing License: do not try to write to user profile and err if it is not defined.
* Browse dialog: if filters have only excludes and no includes, still show multi-select mode.
* Browse dialog: fix crashes possible if multi-select is clicked fast or server response is slow.
* gsync: allow using it on regular Pro license.
* Unattended mode /unatt: fix starting job in the old instance if GoodSync runs already.
* WinFileSys: increase change overflow limit from 1000 to 4000 changes.
* WebDAV: fix parsing of multiple challenges in one header.
Version 9.3.2 -- Sep 16, 2012
* Waiting for Locks: Add option that specifies number of minutes that we wait for lock.
* On Schedule jobs, Unattended: run them using new unattended mode: goodsync.exe /unatt.
* Installer: remove gsync.exe from standard distribution, have it only in Enterprise ver.
* GS Server: fix properly activate GS server sometimes reporting free version.
* Server + Home File System: fix not closing files in some cases.
* S3: implement multi-part file copy inside S3 server.
* S3: fix non-existent folder is listed as present in Browse dialog.
* Amazon CD: allow hosts other than www.amazon.com, such as www.amazon.de.
* Auto On Logoff: restore setting AutoEndTasks, so that Windows does not kill our job.
* Sync Algorithm: do not perform closing (copy folder mod time) on the sync folder itself.
* Command Line: change separator from ',' to '|' as ',' may appear in file names.
* Command Line: allow several /exclude and /include options to appear, they are summarized.
* /forcetray: fix when started 2nd time when GS is already running, it gets ignored.
* Home File System: make On File Change monitoring work in it.
* Lock File lock.gsl: use local time, not GMT in the file.
* Locks: delete them if Analyze is stopped by user.
* Disk Free Space: if we get error when getting space, show Unknown, not zero.
* Ver 8: fix crash when committing Program Options.
* Explorer: Fix ENTER does not work when making New Folder.
Version 9.3.1 -- Aug 29, 2012
* Verified 1-way Copy: produce warnings (not conflicts) when destination file changes.
* Job Options Dialog: make it modal, to avoid changing running jobs.
* On File Change: fix slowdown in initialization of Partial Analyze.
* On File Change: fix listing folder error causes bailout from Partial Analyze.
* On File Change: fix start/stop sequence for file monitoring.
* FTP: speed up single file listing when MLST is available.
* Server: fix some crashes related to session reconnect.
* GoodSync2Go: disable On Schedule checkboxes in Options.
* Manual: add latest command line option descriptions.
Version 9.3.0 -- Aug 24, 2012
* On File Change: make changes overflow not start old-style monitoring.
* On File Change: skip changes to GoodSync profile folder.
* GS server Secondary Users: fix working with Home File System.
* Windows FS: get disk free space of the sync folder, not of disk of sync folder.
* Multi-Threaded Sync: fix crash in long reconnect.
* Explorer: make Mount perform the mounting of bookmark as a WebDAV drive.
* Explorer: fix WebDAV mount of Japanese file names with 4-byte hieroglyphs.
Version 9.2.9 -- Aug 20, 2012
* On File Change with Delay: fix detection of changes, sometimes Sync did not start.
* On File Change: do not lock when doing incremental analyze in read-only folder.
* Locking for Sync: skip excluded folders when rescanning for new _gsdata_ folder.
* Server Setup for Limited User: allow it to happen, to handle only Copy Locked files.
* Home File System with home:// prefix: add it to GS server to handle home folder of user.
* Conflict resolver (yellow strip): fix issues in setting file operations.
* Auto-Resolve Conflicts: add option Stop Sync, to not do Sync if conflicts were found.
* Fix propagation of vertical conflicts from folders to their children.
* Browse dialog: fix multi-selection problems.
* Explorer: fix upload reporting error when setting file mod time for Android server.
* Explorer: fix keyboard shortcuts.
Version 9.2.8 -- Aug 05, 2012
* SkyDrive: Fix '412 Precondition failed' error on upload to existing file.
* Amazon CD: Added handling for interstitial on main cloud drive page.
* Goggle Docs: Fix Move Folder does not work.
* Multi-Thread Sync: fix no wait for all threads to finish on user stop.
* Sync Algorithm: fix resolving conflicts via Yellow Strip.
* Folder Rename/Move: fix error processing: propagate error to children.
* On File Change: unite New and Old Style of file monitoring:
use old-style monitoring when disk/share does not report specific changes.
* On File Change: do not start Sync, if Analyze returns unresolved Conflicts.
* On File Change: ignore On Start and On Folder Connect options, if On File Change is On.
* On File Change: set locks correctly on Incremental Analyze + Sync.
* Auto Jobs: Do not allow showing of Browse dialog when Job Options dialog is shown.
* Auto Jobs: Do not auto-start job, if Browse dialog is shown for it.
* Explorer: Fix copy-paste from remote file system does not work.
Version 9.2.7 -- Jul 27, 2012
* On File Change: make it work for paths with ~UserName in them.
* On File Change: proper shutdown of file monitoring on Sleep/Standby.
* On File Change + Server: fix Server was crashing on file system Disconnect when monitoring.
* On File Change: fix initialization sequence when doing Partial Analyze.
* On File Change: if one sync folder cannot monitor (remote FS) then monitor only the side that can.
* On File Change: discontinue use of old style of file monitoring.
* Folder Moves: fix sequence of operations, so that folder is never moved to missing parent folder.
* File/Folder Move: fix progress computation and reporting.
* Multi-Threaded Sync: if one of the worker produces terminal error, propagate it to the entire job.
* Fix forwarder that disappears still assigned to a user, resulting in timeouts on connect via it.
* GS server: if we cannot set file owner on Windows Share when impersonating, do not return an error.
* Log Viewer: fix some rare crashes.
* Explorer: when doing file download/upload, copy file mod and creation time too.
Version 9.2.6 -- Jul 21, 2012
* On Folder Connect, RF integration: fix crashes that appeared in ver 9.2.5.
* On File Change: make File Monitoring work in 1-way jobs, monitor only source side.
* On File Change: do not restart monitoring, if user Cancels Options dialog.
Version 9.2.5 -- Jul 20, 2012
* On File Change: rewrite it to run in a separate thread and not slow down GUI thread.
* On File Change: unite it with On Folder Connect, to use common code.
* On File Change Monitoring: do not monitor destination of 1-way job.
* On File Change: make Old Style monitoring to be derived from New Style monitoring.
* On File Change: fix syncing with itself error, if Incremental Analyze starts several times.
* On File Change: fix was not detecting (dis)connect of =Computer\=VolumeName.
* GSTP: fix not able to Stop job if it got stuck on disconnected server via forwarder.
* Folder Move: make it work correctly when Multiple Sync Threads are used.
* File/Folder Move: execute 'from' and 'to' parts of the Move as one operation.
* WebDAV + WinInet: Make private client certificates work in SibHttp + WinInet option.
* Explorer: fix crashes and bugs.
Version 9.2.4 -- Jul 06, 2012
* Add option to run several threads in parallel when Syncing.
* Google Docs / Drive: do multi-part upload.
* Always show space required by Sync on both sides, even if it's zero.
* GSTP: Make sessions IDs more unique, even if several sessions are created in one second.
* Fix Rename/Move detection was broken on non-time-preserving file systems.
* Fix detection of renames/moves on user changing sync direction.
* Add vertical conflicts detection, as it related to file-folder operations.
* FTP: fix reconnect on errors loses progress, so reconnect is not logged.
* Sync: make exclude/include filters run faster.
* Browse dialog: do not allow Multiple Items on a side with empty URL when other side is not empty.
* SkyDrive: fix initial entry of UserID and Password.
* Explorer: fix issues related to switching file system.
* Browse / Explorer: fix drill down to pre-existing URL.
* Installer: fix layout issues in non-English languages.
Version 9.2.3 -- Jun 26, 2012
* Google Docs / Google Drive: Added import/export native files option. When Off (new default), downloads .url file linking to gdocs editor and forbids any changes to native files.
* Google Docs: Fix for native files having mismatched extensions
leading to error when trying to export to invalid format when downloading.
* Google Docs: Fix for cache not being updated after some moves.
* Browse + SkyDrive: fix user credentials not opening up the account, with NotFound message.
* FTP and SMTP: convert response strings from UTF-8 to UNICODE, for non-English error messages.
* Add User actions and Sync actions to log created by Analyze.
* Fix Save As Template dialog locks folder which it saves template to.
* File Copy: Fix destination file scoping in Block File Download.
* Explorer: fix drag-and-drop freezes on closing.
* Browse Dialog: fix multiple folders handling.
Version 9.2.2 -- Jun 18, 2012
* Fix offline activation, it was not working.
* Sync: fix delete file on Windows XP does not reset read-only attribute.
* Sync: fix copy folder mod time of empty folders.
* Sync: Do not try to make state file writable if it does not exist.
* Gsync: fix Gsync with temp job was returning -1 on success, not 0.
* GS Server: fix reconnect on timeout sequence, so that Server does not lose original root.
* GS client-server: fix file owner is sometimes not set by Server.
* SkyDrive: stop using "^." folder prefix as it no longer works on the server.
* Browse dialog: if user change sync folder, turn off all auto options, to avoid bad auto syncs.
* Browse Dialog: major rewrite of internals, fixed number of bugs.
* GoodSync Explorer: major rewrite of internals, fix a lot of bugs.
Version 9.2.1 and 184.108.40.206 -- Jun 01, 2012
* On File Change: fix not working when sync folder path has '/' or '\' at the end.
* On File Change: fix post-sync action was not called on 1-way On File Change.
* On File Change: perform on-the-rebound incremental analyze for 1-way jobs.
* Sync Algorithm: deep-normalize file names before comparing them,
to account for Mac-Windows UTF-8 encoding differences.
* Do not try to do elevation for GoodSync2Go, it has no GS server installed.
* SSL: get thru situations where SSL server requests a certificate, but does not require it.
* Amazon CD: fix parsing of file mod time represented as floating number.
* Activation: fix Batch Activation not working if some fields are empty.
* SFTP: fix a crash, caused by SIGHUP signal on the server.
* GSTP and DAV Server: use SetFileOwner to set owner of new files,
even if Impersonation is On, as Impersonation does not set file owner.
Version 9.2.0 -- May 24, 2012
* UI: New conflict resolution yellow strip dialog that offers ways to resolve conflict.
* UI: Redo activation dialog in Tables, improve waiting for it in main thread.
* UI: Fix left side Folder Info not shown.
* Sync Algorithm: fix some cases of file mod time update on time-translated file systems.
* Google Docs: fix a crash in initial parsing.
* File-Folder: moving to _saved_ folder: fix overwriting of file by folder.
Version 9.1.9 and 220.127.116.11 -- May 15, 2012
* SkyDrive: fix HTTP cookie parser, to fix 403 Forbidden error.
* Sync Algorithm: fix conflict in a sequence that involves CopyState.
* Sync Algorithm: re-introduce Copy State LtoR and RtoL operations.
* Sync Algorithm: save memory in storing generation lists.
* Add Number of Nodes (Live + Dead) stats, to estimate memory used.
* Fix GSTP to GSTP error: DownloadFile does not handle non-local destinations.
Version 9.1.8 and 18.104.22.168 -- May 10, 2012
* Google Docs: rename it to 'Google Drive (Docs)' as they are one and the same.
* Pause: stop running after sitting in Pause for 20 min.
* Fix bugs in in sync locking phase that is detecting previously unseen _gsdata_ folders.
* Auto: Change execution priority and order of appearance of Auto job mode to: On File Change, On Start, On Timer, On Folder Connect, On Logoff.
* On File Change: ignore changed file if it is in excluded folder.
* On File Change: improve closing sequence of file system monitor.
* S3 and RF Everywhere DAV: re-institute default temp files option for these file systems.
* Forwarder: fix locking semantics of multi-user forwarder.
* GSTP: fix translation of disconnect error on server to the client.
* HTTP: fix FTP/HTTP reconnect was not working.
* HTTP: fix stack unwinding in case of Disconnect followed by User Stop.
* GSTP: reduce number of calls to server on upload and download, to speed up.
* Add showing GS server version in the client log, to aid troubleshooting.
* Scripts: Fix Post-Analyze program/email runs even when we have changes.
* Fix NoGsData option taken from mirror folder, not from job options.
* Fix Empty Folder Rename not detected if folders have different mod time.
* Fix Dependent Folder detect was wrongly declaring folders the same, for mounted drives.
* Dependent folders detect: now detects that mounted drive is the same as its UNC path.
* Fix File-Folder conflict resolution does not work.
* Sync Algorithm: fix Deletes were not executed in correct order.
* Sync Algorithm: fix decision paths in UserStop and Disconnect error processing.
Version 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 -- Apr 27, 2012
* Locking for Sync: fix gross inefficiency in checking for ghost _gsdata_ folder.
* GoodSync server now requires GoodSync Pro license, just like client does.
* Activation + Server: now GS client asks GS server to Refresh upon activation.
* Server: return full server info, so that it is shown in side description.
* Accept Sockets: fix stopping sequence, it could misfire sometimes.
* FTP: fix cannot do FTPS data connection with Pro-FTPD server.
* FTP: do workaround for MLST lines without leading space.
* Keep GetInfo of the state file even for state file stored in mirror folder.
* On File Change: skip monitoring errors, instead of interpreting them as overflow.
* On File Change: filter out files/folder by path filters, before starting Analyze.
* On File Change + Auto Clear option: fix this combo, it could do bad sync.
* On File Change: fix reaction on disconnect of a sync folder.
* Scripts: fix Post-Sync script called with wrong -1 numeric arguments.
* Scripts: call Post-Sync script after Sync in On File Change too.
* Server: fix FS properties misreported if client and server versions differ.
* GsFileCopy: add a branch for direct (no temp) GSTP to FILE upload.
* Fix UTF-8 to UTF-16 conversion, it was not handling 4-byte Japanese chars.
Version 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 -- Apr 19, 2012
* Sync Algorithm: fix bug in file renames detection.
* Fix Download from large file on GSTP server to local FS is not block-level.
* Scripts: Fix GoodSync performing 'errors:' actions, even if no error happened.
* DAV: allow files with listing errors in directory listing, do not just bail out in this case.
* Activation: fix activation does not become effective until user restarts GoodSync.
* Activation: fix Goodsync2Go started by RoboForm2Go could not activate.
* Fix intersecting folder check when one path is absolute and another is portable or contains ~User.
* Fix detection of intersecting folders on Sync, when lock files from the other side are detected.
* Sync Algorithm: fix syncing of items that were children of a former folder that is now a file.
* UnixFileSys: fix and improve error processing.
* DAV: first implementation of client-side certificates.
Version 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 -- Apr 12, 2012
* On File Change: fix Analyze runs continuously when one side cannot monitor files.
* Fix Direct File Copy (no temp files) does not propagate file name case change.
* Fix Copying of file mod time when downloading from non time-preserving file system.
* Fix Remote GSTP to Remote GSTP does not use block level delta algorithm.
* Sync Algorithm: add new generations only after actual item is synced.
* Sync Algorithm: fix smaller issues in file rename.
* Sync Algorithm: generate conflict when file with no state differs from file with state.
* FTP: active mode: disconnect control connection after getting error on data connection.
* Server: Do not SetFileOwner for newly uploaded file, if server impersonates user.
* SkyDrive: Added 'licx', 'java', 'one' to list of extensions not accepted by SD.
* GS Explorer: redraw empty folder after upload adds files to it.
* Add Windows 8 to list of recognized Windows versions.
* Read state: fix reading of old state files.
* When creating _gsdata_ folder, make it hidden on GS server side too.
Version 9.1.4 and 22.214.171.124 -- Mar 28, 2012
* Google Docs: fix 'file disappeared after sync' error, cause by Google change.
* SFTP: fix crashes in Disconnect on download.
* SkyDrive: implement FolderMove, so that folder rename works.
* Azure: Make Azure FS case-sensitive, so that case change operations work.
* Sync: Do not do Copy ACL option, if destination file system is non-local.
* GSTP: fix error code translation, to fix retries on Access Denied.
* Use the same extension ._gstmp for all GS temporary files.
* On File Change: Allow monitoring destination of 1-way job.
* On File Change: Stop all jobs and monitoring when Windows tells us to go to Sleep.
* On File Change: Turn On Real Time Sync by default, as it works well enough now.
* On File Change: Real Time Sync now works in GSTP servers, enables remote real time sync.
* On File Change: Real Time: improve scheduling and error processing.
* On File Change: Real Time: allow Analyze without Sync.
* On File Change: Real Time: multiple algorithm and process improvements.
* Localize GoodSync Connect setup in German and French.
Version 9.1.3 and 126.96.36.199 -- Mar 22, 2012
* Add Delay option to On File Change. If specified, it will wait this many seconds
after the last change has been detected, before starting the job.
* New Real Time On File Change: many important fixes, must upgrade.
* S3: fix order of x-amz- headers, to fix Bad Signature error.
* Add Program option to Warn about Time Out Of Range, off by default.
* SMB: If we cannot connect to share, show it as a warning, do not return an error.
* Detect rename/move of empty folders.
* Fix rename of folder not detecting, if we have sub-folders.
* Fix Disk Full does not stop Sync.
* Fix rare crashes resulting from two job instances running simultaneously.
* Do not show On RoboForm auto option in Auto Options.
* Free disk space may be negative on servers, allow that.
Version 9.1.2 and 188.8.131.52 -- Mar 03, 2012
* On File Change:
* Introduce Real Time On File Change Sync that speeds up incremental syncing.
- You can turn it On in Tools -> Program Options -> New File System Monitoring, and restart.
- Real Time Sync trusts changes reported by File System and does not perform Full Analyze.
* Fix old style File Monitoring: prevent cycling by turning off monitoring when dependent jobs run.
* GSTP: fixed problems in downloading locked files from GSTP server.
* Fix opening two handles for upload of local files. Now only one handle is opened.
* Activation: fix license was not re-read after activation.
* Fix Cleanup _saved_ folder after Sync, it was not always cleaning up.
* Reconnect: fix reconnect on lost/restored connection for FTP and Windows FS.
* WebDAV/SSL: allow TLS v1 connections, if server does not accept SSL v3.
* S3: Setting MIME type is now done by post-copy file processing.
* Improve error passing and processing, to better detect Disconnect and Disk Full.
Version 9.1.1 and 184.108.40.206 -- Mar 05, 2012
* On File Change: Fix crashes caused by changes in file monitor.
* DAV: listing returned by server can have several empty entries, skip them.
* Improve error processing, especially for remote file systems.
Version 9.1.0 and 220.127.116.11 -- Feb 28, 2012
* Algorithm: Fix reading the case-diff name from the state file.
* Algorithm: Fix adding new items to the tree for case-different item names.
* UI: Fix No conflict resolution after sync at folder level.
* UI: Do not show 'cannot be a sync folder' warning when drilling down folders in Browse.
* Dependent Jobs: Analyze + Sync now behaves like syncing job for match purposes.
* Improve precision of On File Change monitoring.
* Server Receiver: fix lockup when two threads try to do one session.
* Server: does not lose proxy settings on reinstall.
* Windows FS: Encrypt folders too, if encryption option is specified.
* S3: better error and user stop processing.
* S3 and HTTP: implement progress inside big chunks used on upload.
* S3 over WinInet: fix freeze on 204 and other no Content-Length responses.
Version 9.0.9 and 18.104.22.168 -- Feb 22, 2012
* Fix 'Conflict: File Modified on Both Sides (but same generations)'.
* Review time shift and time translation algorithm, to improve precision.
* Fix FTP to FTP or any Remote FS to Remote FS download/upload for large files.
* Windows FS: add user option to use FAT rules for time adjustment,
for NASes that claim to have NTFS but really have FAT.
* WinCE: this is FAT file system, so use FAT time adjustment on it.
* WinCE: implement MoveFolder, so that folder renames can work.
* Remote to Remote FS: cleanup temp files on errors, as they cannot be reused.
* Move and Renames: fix small issues.
* List of Changes: Show Rename/Move in List of Changes.
* FTP: re-institute 90 sec timeout on accept in active mode.
* GSTP: remove 30-sec delay on Disconnect() of non-responsive file system.
Version 9.0.8 -- Feb 14, 2012
* New code signing certificate, IE 9 users need to specifically allow download.
* Allow multiple folder selection only for 1-way (backup) jobs.
* Browse dialog: do not allow selecting multiple folders that are on different disks.
* GoodSync2Go: do not allow GoodSync Connect setup in GS2Go, it is only for installed GS.
* Improve and speed up long reconnects (done outside of file system).
* SMB: disconnect net share connected via UNC path, not drive letter.
Version 9.0.7 and 8.9.6 -- Feb 07, 2012
* Make file state merge for embedded jobs work correctly.
* Fix bug in reading new state file _file_state_v4._gs.
* Fix On File Change was not working for paths with environment variables.
* Fix setting _insync file after sync when we have no changes for local file system.
* Fix Close Modified Folder operations (copy mod-time, copy ACL) not working.
* GSTP: implement GetSecurityDescr and SetSecurityDescr on GS server.
* Mediator: fix change of forwarder propagation.
* Activation is now elevated, needed for Windows server, and to propagate activation to all users.
* Explorer: make downloads resumable.
* Explorer: add Options dialog, mostly for proxy.
* Job List: re-ordering by column now sets cursor back to the current job.
* Installer: Re-enable Installer options, memorize shortcut checkboxes.
* Installer: disable QuickLaunch shortcut on Win7.
Version 9.0.6 -- Feb 02, 2012
* Fix reading of state file from mirror when No GsData option is set.
* Several fixes to the new generation system.
* Fix adding generation after Copy Locked file.
* Turn on optimization for releases, to speed things up.
* Detect name case changes when user changes sync direction.
* Delete *._gstmp files from user folder and profile folder.
Version 9.0.5 -- Jan 30, 2012
* Fix reading of old state files, from ver 8 and ver 9 betas.
* Fix file/folder renames in case-sensitive file systems such as FTP, SFTP
* Fix file/folder renames in file systems without folder move such as S3, Azure.
* GUI: show both left and right names if they are different per case.
* Add new account properties to Manage API.
* SkyDrive: fix Passport auth for new sessions.
Version 9.0.4 -- Jan 26, 2012
* Sync algorithm: new system of generations, takes less space, works faster.
* Sync algorithm: new state file (ver 4), takes less space, new generations.
* File and Folder tree is now case-insensitive.
* Synchronization is case-preserving, name case changes are propagated.
* File and Folder renames case only: make it a special new Case Change operation.
* File and Folder renames: run their detection on user changes in sync direction too.
* Sync: fix Copy of folder modification time and ACL was not working.
* Old generation cleanup: normalize old gens, leave 3 latest gens for live files.
* DAV: implement folder move operation.
* S3: make it a case-sensitive file system, it really is.
* GSTP upload: return errors related to files on the server, was closing socket.
* GSTP download: fix not releasing handle after download is complete.
Version 9.0.3 and Ver 8.9.5 -- Jan 15, 2012
* S3: fix listing of folders with more than 1000 items and non-latin marker.
* Fix elevated copy (locked or access denied) between Windows file system and SMB.
* Auto Script: fix sending emails on Pre-Analyze.
* Sending mails: fix sending mail with no attachment via MAPI.
* GSTP: fix computers not going dead in the list after not reporting,
* GSTP: provide forwarder only to GS ver 9.0.0 and later, not ver 9 beta.
* GSTP: add transaction ReadBufCrcPosn to speed up communication.
* GSTP: speed up GSTP to GSTP transfers, make them resumable and do delta copy.
* GS Connect Setup: Remove Discoverable Mode option for simplicity.
* GS Connect: set System UserID for local user to fix errors on elevated file operations.
* LogViewer: increase file shown max size to 20 Mb, from 1 Mb.
Version 9.0.2 -- Jan 06, 2012
* GSTP: improve local discovery.
* GSTP: reduce chunk size to 256 Kb, do not use Expect-Continue.
* Fix folder renames for more complex combinations.
* Fix temporary files not deleted in Remote FS to Remote FS.
* Sign gs-server.exe and MSIs.
* Explorer and Browse: show list of connectoids derived from jobs.
* Add Explorer to GS2Go.
Version 9.0.1 and Ver 8.9.4 -- Jan 04, 2012
* Fix Error copying file: Cannot put file: UploadFileComplex not implemented.
* DAV: Some servers return Error 500 on OPTIONS request, allow such servers.
* Folder move/rename: improve algorithm, enable by default.
* HTTP: after redirect is done, do not use the forwarded-to server for old requests.
* Turn create of XYZ followed by delete of folder XyZ into special folder rename.
* Sync algorithm: fix 2-file conflict incorrectly classified as new-file.
* SMB: Add listing of SMB servers using Shell, to catch more servers.
* Do not do some checks if SameBeforeSyncAsInAnalyze is turned off.
Version 9 Official and Ver 8.9.3 stable pre-upgrade release -- Dec 30, 2011
* Ver 9 official release: introduce new ver 9 license, upgrade path.
* Ver 8 and 9: Fixed expired certificate warning that will appear in Feb 2012.
* GSTP to GSTP sync: make uploads/downloads resumable.
* Folder Rename/Move: first implementation of folder move detector.
* Improve Generation Cleanup rules.
* GSTP Server: fix crashes on session timeout.
* Server Receiver: fix some crashes.
* Forwarders: improve working with dynamic forwarders.
Version 8.8.9 and Ver 9 beta -- Dec 22, 2011
* Sync: add option to cleanup old generations and
old entries for deleted files, older that a year (configurable).
* Fix File Monitoring not working for root folder of a disk.
* Browse dialog: New Folder makes it current.
* S3: make host-based addressing to be default option.
* S3: allow region-specific hosts in URL-based addressing.
* Azure: added check for illegal '.' char at end of file name.
* SkyDrive: Added password length check (6-16 required).
* SkyDrive: file types SD does not like now have ._gs_ appended to them.
* Make time that is out of range warning more specific.
* Server: introduce dynamic Forwarders that are user's computers.
* Mediator: speed up talkback, so that GS server is registered faster.
* Server: new better generic self-signed certificate for SSL.
* Server: report its version to GS client.
* Server: do not use GSTP verbs directly in HTTP, so that it can go thru proxies.
* Server: fix automatic reconnection of file system after lost connection.
* Server: sessions now timeout after 3 minutes of inactivity.
Version 8.8.8 and Ver 9 beta
* S3: fix server name generation for host-based option, it must not have the bucket.
* Do not delete state file info on TryToConnect, it causes State File Has Changed error.
* FTP: fix handling of reconnects inside Download/Upload.
* FTP: fix parsing of MLST listing for Titan server.
* Browse dialog: pass all connect options to ListServers.
* Manual and Command Line: update them with the latest options.
* Fix cleanup command not working after user stop.
* SkyDrive: fix discovery of servers and user URL.
* SkyDrive: now it is secure only, plain text option does not work.
* HTTP: fix persistent cookie handling in presence of proxy.
* HTTP WinInet: fix proxy authentication, manual proxy, dynamic host names.
* HTTP: fix proxy auth not working in Automatic proxy mode.
* GSTP: new implementation of block upload/download.
* GSTP: new implementation of resumable upload/download of large files.
* GSTP: make MD5 option work on locked files too.
* Servers: make digest authentication work properly.
Version 8.8.7 and Ver 9 beta
* GUI: Fix conflict between Move/Rename mode and Scroll checkbox.
* License: re-allow free trials on Windows Server.
* Fix long reconnect handling in FTP, SFTP, Windows and other file systems.
* HTTP client: give preference to most secure auth method offered by server.
* SFTP: fix unwinding of upload/download on user stop.
* GSTP Mediator: fix Digest Auth did not work.
* GSTP client: fix progress reporting.
* GSTP: fix resumable uploads and downloads.
* GSTP server: separate local elevation account from GS Connect account.
Version 8.8.6 and Ver 9 beta
* GoodSync2Go: do not allow Copy Locked Files in Gs2Go.
* Sockets: fix automatic long reconnect.
* Sockets: speed up disconnect sequence.
* Time: detect file mod times that are out of good date range: years 1980 to 2107.
* Rename/Move Detection: add View for it.
* SSL: allow cacert.pm and paths to certificates to contain Unicode characters.
* Server + UPNP: fix handling of FIOS ActionTec routers.
* GDocs: added handling of root folder.
* SkyDrive: Added handling for auth cookies expiring during a job.
* GoodSync Connect Setup: rewrite, clarify concepts and terminology.
* GSTP: fix client reconnect on server drop-off and reappearance.
* GSTP: implement resumable upload/download, even if GoodSync is restarted.
* Server: make it use GoodSync proxy settings, to connect outside.
* Server Web UI: add changing of password and other attributes of Connect account.
* Server Web UI: add deleting of GS Connect account.
Version 8.8.5 and Ver 9 beta
* Monitoring: do not monitor non-local file systems.
* Fix Disconnect was not done on Auto jobs that did Analyze but not Sync.
* Rename / Move detection: fix problems when both change and rename occur.
* GDocs: fix spreadsheet detection.
* Client-Server: fix transfer and progress reporting for large files.
* Server: delete inactive and closed sessions.
Version 8.8.4 and Ver 9 beta
* Normalization: make it work for 3-part combined characters, such as in Korean.
* Do not disconnect after Analyze and reconnect on Sync for Auto jobs.
* Fix errors in On Folder Connect auto mode, it could misfire.
* Run Pre-Analyze script on Folder Connect too.
* S3: added s3 server side encryption option.
* Fix computation and display of Server license, used on Windows Server.
* Renames/Moves: turn On their detection by default in Beta.
* Client-Server Beta: multiple bugs fixes.
* Server Setup: request Server ID on the same page where we request User ID.
Version 8.8.3 and Ver 9 beta
* Path Normalization: fix it in SameAsBefore, still could cause problems on accented chars.
* On File Change: was not turned off when doing Browse or manual file operations. Fixed.
* On File Change: was not working for ~UserName paths. Fixed.
* Copy Locked Files using VSS: fix rare crashes.
* Time handling: fix rare crashes on incorrect time values.
* Manual File Operations from context menu: connect only one side for one-sided operations.
* WebDAV: do not check DAV servers for DAV header, it may not exist.
* Amazon CD: fix Content-Type to make it recognize audio files properly.
* Google Docs: fix for files that do not have download links.
* New Program and Job options: fix bugs.
* HTTP clients: use nice negotiated disconnect wherever possible.
* HTTP client: improve passing errors from server.
* HTTP client + proxy: do not use proxy for local IP addresses.
* Server Setup: fix not setting Windows Account Id, other bugs.
* Server Discovery: workaround for local net gateway of 127.0.0.1 set by security programs.
* Server Discovery: speed up UPNP discovery.
* Server: fix Impersonation not working on Windows XP.
* Server: fix not working via Proxy.
* Server: add flag to secondary users that allow them to register on Mediator.
Version 8.8.1 and Ver 9 beta
* Beta: add Move/Rename detection, execute them directly, not as Copy New + Delete, turn it On in Job Advanced Options.
* HTTP: fix rare crash in some operations.
* FTPS: fix rules for determining whether to use encrypted data channel.
* FTP implicit mode: allow specifying port number.
* SMTP emails: do not send extra empty attachment.
* Save more memory in sync tree.
* Sync order: fix order of preliminary and pending operations.
* Vertical Conflicts: detection was not always correct, fix.
* Beta: remove transactional sync option.
* Fix import/export number of days for previous and past versions.
* Servers: speed up server shutdown sequence.
* Servers: check server ID when calling local server.
* Servers: allow only one server to bind to a port.
* Servers: fix processing of some Access Denied errors.
Version 8.8.0 and Ver 9 beta
* Copy Locked Files: make it release correctly when several jobs lock files on one disk.
* Copy Locked Files: fix it in GoodSync Server for multiple locked files.
* Fix some rare crashes related to Job UI messaging.
* Block Upload and Download: fix it when Temporary Files option is Off.
Version 8.7.9 and Ver 9 beta
* Windows File System: fix free space reporting in ~UserName folders.
* WebDAV: do not use 100 Continue on servers that are not known to support it.
* WebDAV: fix freeze and timeout on upload of large files to IIS-7 in HTTPS mode.
* WebDAV: update OpenSSL that we use to version 0.9.8r.
* GDocs: fix uploading of spreadsheets.
* Server and Mediator: lower-case all GoodSync Connect UserIDs and ServerIDs.
* Server and Forwarder: better cleanup of temporary files.
* Server: make Impersonation work for NT Domain Windows users.
* Server Setup: multiple fixes, improve texts.
* WebDAV server: report /mnt root folder as a collection.
Version 8.7.8 and Ver 9 beta
* Browse dialog: show User Folder with user-friendly folders in it, no hidden and system stuff.
* Browse dialog: fix crashes.
* FTP: some servers report different file mod times in single and multiple file listings, account for that.
* DAV: improve computation of destination in COPY and MOVE when redirections are present.
* DAV: if file does not have getcontentlength attribute, report this as an error, not a warning.
* S3: fix uploading of large files (more than 4 Gb), fix stopping of multi-part uploads.
* Azure: fix progress of uploading of large files, stopping of large uploads.
* SkyDrive: escape special characters in MS Passport password.
* SkyDrive: convert to the latest SkyDrive name escaping scheme.
* Make Crash Catcher work in Browse dialog and GoodSync Server.
* Save memory by reducing folder tree size.
* Solve problem with de-composed file paths (usually produced by MacOS servers) by storing server-specific version of each name of the tree and normalizing names for comparison.
* Server: make terminology consistent, update texts in dialogs.
* Server setup wizard is now called GoodSync Server Main Setup.
* Calling Web Control Panel of Server is now called GoodSync Server Control Panel.
* Server setup: enforce User ID and Server ID containing only allowed characters.
* Server: fix impersonation was used, even if turned off on the server.
* Server: add showing progress of forwarder and server operations.
* Scripts: 'errors:' script now runs if conflicts are detected, not just errors.
* Do not exclude files and folder with attribute FILE_ATTRIBUTE_OFFLINE. Oftentimes storage system would mount them automatically when accessed.
Version 8.7.7 and Ver 9 beta
* Windows FS: fix cannot open long file paths and folders with '.' at the end.
* Add Rename Losing File option: it renames file that lost in Conflict.
* Add Fast Stop to Advanced options, it stops jobs without saving state file (not recommended).
* Split Speed Limit option into Download Speed Limit and Upload Speed Limit.
* HTTP client and server: use 100 Continue when sending/receiving large bodies.
* HTTP client: make Digest Auth work with Barracude WebDrive.
* SkyDrive: translate special characters in file and folder names.
* Server UI: apply better graphical design.
* Server UI: make certificate fields editable, allow setting certificates.
* GSTP client and server: improve progress reporting for large files.
* Forwarders: many improvements for large file download and upload.
* HTTP WinInet: fix bugs and issues, especially with cookie handling.
* HTTP WinInet: add certificates from Windows Certificate Storage, if server asks.
Version 8.7.6 and Ver 9 beta
* S3: make it actually reconnect when bucket host changes.
* S3: do not use temp files to upload to S3 by default, as upload is atomic.
* Fix RoboForm integration: GS was not calling RF refresh correctly.
* Server UPNP: add support for DSL Forum scheme in UPNP.
* Server Web UI: add Local Only option, Online/Offline mode switch.
* Server installer: streamline and fix configuration of Server settings.
* Server: fix File Owner and system protection flag.
* Server: fix upload and download via Forwarder.
* GSTP client: waiting for GSTP is now stoppable.
* GSTP client: fix going through proxies, use Connect verb.
Version 8.7.5 and Ver 9 beta
* FAT: fix time adjustment for FAT disks, it was off by 1 hour sometimes.
* Server: update Web user interface.
* Server setup: fix not offering Computer ID and User ID on initial setup.
* Mount: fix DAV server, so that Mount works in GoodSync Explorer.
* Server: more fixes in Forwarder, now everything works.
Version 8.7.4 and Ver 9 beta
* GSTP server: Forwarder improvements, now Forwarder is enabled by default.
* FTP: fix listing of ftp.livedrive.com.
* Fix temporary file management.
* Amazon Cloud Drive: fix persistent 503 error.
* Google Docs: fixed some http 500 and 400 errors.
* HTTP: fix handling of replies to HEAD request.
Version 8.7.3 and Ver 9 beta
* HTTP: fix reading of chunked bodies, such as returned by IIS 6.
* GSTP Server: implement idempotency - re-asking server to do
the same transaction results in Waiting status or return of stored response.
* GSTP Server: implement client-server communication via Forwarder,
used when Server is not visible from outside.
* GSTP Server: fix bugs.
Version 8.7.2 and Ver 9 beta
* DAV, SkyDrive: if remote server cannot Move, then use Copy + Delete for stamp file.
* S3: upload short files as single file, not multi-part.
* S3: multi-part download for long files (longer than 10 Mb).
* S3: allow S3 hosts other than canonic host s3.amazonaws.com.
* Google Docs: implement file rename, fix bugs.
* GSTP: fix block file download.
* File Systems: fix a leak on file close.
Version 8.7.1 and Ver 9 beta
* Amazon Cloud Drive: add file system that allows to sync to Amazon CD (prefix acd:// ).
Works for anybody who has Amazon account, 5 Gb free.
* SkyDrive by Microsoft Live: add separate file system for it (prefix sds:// ).
Compute user's SkyDrive server from user Live/Passport credentials.
* Google Docs: fix various issues.
* Explorer: Add Mount command that mounts any GS file system as a local disk.
GoodSync provides WebDAV server that is mounted using DAV redirector.
* Browse dialog: add Bookmarks selector that shows other servers from the same file system.
* DAV: add option to save cookies between sessions, needed for Amazon CD.
* Amazon S3: upload large files in multiple parts, to prevent timeouts.
* HTTP client: implement Passport authentication.
* Pre-Analyze Script: fix error in running it.
* Log Upload: fix error when log being uploaded is locked.
* Fix rare crash caused by tree drawing.
* Server: now can request Digest auth, Basic Auth, or both.
* Server: consolidate config parameter names in TIX file, some renaming occurred.
* Server: reduce Manage API, all server changes may be done by Admin only.
* Server: add MySQL-based list of account for enterprise customers.
* Server: allow NT domains in user impersonation.
* Server: check for correctness of userids, they cannot have dots in them.
* Window File System: Home Server: treat Not Connected error as Not Found.
* Add path variables: %HH% - current hour, %II% - current minute.
* Transactional Temp Files option: first upload all files, then rename all files.
* Detect DST change on the computer and request reboot to fix Windows time bug.
Version 9 beta
GoodSync Ver 9 Beta is now available.
Latest Ver 9 beta news:
* Add syncing to Windows Azure (S3-like server storage) file system azure://
* Add syncing to Google Docs premium accounts, file system has prefix gdocs://
* Browse dialog: allow selection of multiple folders, when Select Multiple items is checked.
* Browse dialog: allow selection of files, when Show Files is checked.
* Add GoodSync DAV server (experimental) that can present any GoodSync file system as DAV server.
* FAT: adjust UTC time reported by Windows, to account for Windows bug in file mod time.
* New-Old time shifts: reduce threshold to 10% of total items.
* SymLinks and junctions: fix copying of them, copy mod time.
* Make all file-folder conflicts to be resolvable.
* DAV: remove 1 GB limit on file length when uploading.
* DAV: rework WinInet option, unify its code with sib-sockets DAV.
* Google Docs: fix bugs in listing file and file names with ampersand.
* Do not use time translation on NTFS and FAT file systems, as it masks copy time problems.
* Analyze: move warning about older files overwriting newer files to later.
* GS Server: fix termination of server when SSL socket is active.
* GS Server: multiple fixes in Impersonate.
* GS Server: add option to Protect System Files and Folders.
* GS Server: fix SSL ClientHello recognition when switching to it.
* GSync and Gscp: make /proxy parameters work.
* Scripts: call Pre-Analyze script before Analyze only, not before On Folder Connect check.
* S3: fix checking Secure box does not change prefix to s3s://
* DAV: add file system-specific Use Temp Files options, Off by default.
* DAV time parser: fix potential crashes.
* DAV: fix handling of redirects in MOVE.
* DAV: fix authentication for iDisk.
* Inet Auth: start with no auth, so that server tells us which auth to use.
* SSL: fix potential cycling on peeking for incoming SSL connection.
* If disk overflow terminal error occurs, add it to error count too.
* Server: make user impersonation work correctly.
* Server: change New Account creation protocol.
* Server: fix conversion of non-latin computer names and userids.
* Server: add read-only flag for non-admin users.
* Server: new rewritten setup for GoodSync Connect, more secure.
* Server: add setting computer name (effective for GoodSync only).
* Server: speedup shutdown of the server.
* GSCP: show all attributes of file or folder.
* Make Windows SkyDrive work in DAV file system, with WinInet and Send Cookies options ON.
* Strictly enforce Use Temp Files option, even for atomic file systems.
* UPNP: fix data collection for HTTP/1.0 devices.
* DAV: implement Send Cookies option in Siber HTTP layer.
* DAV: fix auth header parser, affects some proxy issues.
* Windows FS: fix copying of security descriptors in Windows 7.
* Improve temporary file cleanup.
* DAV WinInet: fix bugs that may cause crashes.
* Add Advanced option: Copy File Creation Time.
* Windows FS: Fix copying of Hidden, System, Read-Only attributes.
* Improve cleanup of temp files in mirror folders.
* Beta: Fix multiple folder selection: exclusion of folder.
* Gsync: fix analyze-sync mode switching.
* DAV and S3: respect Use Temp Files option, even though this file systems are mostly atomic.
* Copy Locked files: fix sequence where user refuses to elevate, but later changes his mind.
* Beta: fix listing when non-empty Home Folder is present in GS server account.
* SFTP: fix credential processing for some servers.
* Add gscp.exe to beta distribution.
* On Folder Connect could start Sync after Sync with errors. Fixed.
* Scripts: conflicts were counted as errors. Fixed.
* HTTP-based file systems: report User-Agent, some servers require it.
* Beta: Add Windows Azure file system (S3-like server storage), prefix azure://
* Beta: fix UPNP processing in GoodSync server.
* Analyze and Sync: show sync progress on the file tree.
* On File Change Auto: allow computer-specific paths such as \\=Computer\C:\folder
* On Folder Connect Auto: fix issues with computer-specific paths \\=Computer\C:\folder
* Beta: fix GoodSync Connect dialogs graphics issues.
* Add dbghelp.dll to the distribution, to better catch crashes.
* WinCE: fix handle leak on disconnect, was causing problems on device reconnection.
* GSTP: fix stopping and restarting issues in GS server.
* GSTP: fix server recognition issues, use only ports verified by mediator.
* GSTP: fix local discovery of GS servers.
* Analyze and Sync: show tree after Sync.
* Analyze and Sync: sync lock problems after bad file system disconnects.
* Analyze and Sync All: start even jobs that are already schedule and running.
* Post-Analyze/Sync scripts were not firing correctly, fix.
* Copying Windows NetShare to NetShare (SMB): do it directly, without temp file on C:
* DAV: fix problem in digest authentication.
* FTP: workaround for broken FileZilla servers 501 error.
* SFTP download: allow mismatch of promised and actual file length.
* De-elevation after install: fix if UAC is turned off.
* Beta: fix UPNP discovery.
* On Folder Connect: was not working in fast mode, fixed.
* GS server beta: fix switching to SSL mode.
* Analyze + Sync are now run as one transaction: locks are set when Analyze starts, removed when Sync ends.
* Analyze + Sync: create _gsdata_ folder when Analyze starts.
* Move Waiting for Lock to ver 9 beta features, make it work.
* DAV: fix NTLM authentication.
* Browse dialog: run one Connectoid in one thread, to prevent file system problems.
* Add option to Wait For Locks to clear, in Options -> Advanced.
* DAV: do not reject HTTP <-> HTTPS redirects, they happen on some servers.
* Browse: Do not request free disk space from Net Shares, this freezes on offline shares.
* S3: change file system prefix from http:// to s3:// and from https:// to s3s://
* Fix substitution of environment variables in sync folder paths.
* Add option not to have _gsdata_ folder in sync folder, it is kept in GS profile instead.
* Do not make _gsdata_ folder accessible to everyone, now it just inherits permissions from parent folder.
* GoodSync2Go installer now closes running GoodSync2Go.
* GoodSync installer now closes Log Viewer.
* SMB network browsing: Fix crashes and recursive cycling.
* Show share comment and disk free space in disk/share comments.
* Browse dialog: fix crash on Make New Folder in My Documents.
* Browse dialog: Keep drilling into FS if some levels are unlistable.
* Browse dialog: Add My Documents virtual folder, before My Computer.
* Browse dialog: do not disable OK button on bad server credentials.
* De-elevation after install: fix crash.
* Auto Threshold option: use it only for 2-way sync jobs, not for 1-way jobs.
* Browse dialog (new): fix crash on certain file paths.
* Copy Locked Files: fix elevation from standard user.
* Fix de-elevation after the install.
* Browse dialog (new): fix many issues, some crashes.
* Log Window: do not allow it to grow to more than 150 Kb, truncated when it happens.
* FTP: fix navigation in Browse dialog for MS FTP servers.
* Browse dialog: improve disk presentation, fix crash.
* Browse dialog: move main options out of Advanced options, so that they are always visible.
* Pre-Analyze Script: if nowait: is specified then ignore return code and proceed with Analyze.
* Fix activation problem: Bad activation data submitted.
* Browse dialog: Fix file system icons in Windows 7.
* Browse dialog: auto-list servers in WinFS and SMB file systems.
* FTP: fix symlink processing in MLST.
* Fix migration of old ver 6 jobs to new URLs.
* Fix crash in Manage GoodSync Online and allow it only in GS ver 9 beta.
* Restore free syncing with RF Online server (was not free in 8.5.0).
* New internal URL format for Windows, SMB and Mac file systems, uses file:// and smb:// prefix.
* New Browse dialog that uses only file system API.
* Fixes in normalization of file generations.
* Fix issues in left-right time shift processing.
* DAV: box.net does not process MOVE properly, do a workaround.
* DAV: retry on Server Temporarily Not Available, appears on humyo.com.
* DAV: fix MOVEing file to existing file, did not work on adrive.com.
* FTP: fix processing of single item MLST command.
* FTP: strip leading and trailing spaces from file names.
* SFTP: speedup downloads and uploads by using better socket options.
* HTTP: process combo of Content-Length and Transfer-Encoding: chunked.
* Fix issues in Copy ACL.
* Refresh statistics at the end of Sync, so that folder sizes update.
* Fix folder delete from context menu.
* Fix state file info comparison between Analyze and Sync.
* Windows FS: when we get Disk Full error with free space on disk, warn about FAT problems.
* FTP: fix state file info compare problem when Sync begins.
* DAV: fix some NTLM re-authentication issues.
* Symbolic links: fix deletion of links in SFTP and Windows file system.
* Fix bug in symbolic links deletion.
* Long reconnect was not working in DAV and S3. Fixed.
* Do Unicode normalization for DAV and S3, so that non-English file names transfer OK from Mac servers.
* Fix and improve log cleanup rules.
* Prepare release of GS ver 9 Beta.
* Detect different folder paths pointing to the same folder, when locking folder for Sync.
* Fix bug in manual delete of files from _gsdata_ folder.
* Improve detection of other Sync that interferes between Analyze and Sync and damages Analyze results.
* Read State file before browsing folders, provide real progress indicator for Analyze.
* When downloading from S3 or Amazon server directly to file, do not download error messages.
* New faster algorithm of cleaning up _gsdata_\_saved_ recycle bin.
* Speedup Analyze by getting rid of scan of _gsdata_\_saved_ recycle bin.
* Check that state file did not change between Analyze and Sync.
* When using cached state file after failed sync, check that original state file remains.
* Add Job -> 'Delete _gsdata_ Folder' command.
* GSYNC now updates Last Run Time too.
* Improve _saved_ (recycle bin) cleanup algorithm.
* Start _saved_/_history_ cleanup once every 10 days, not after every Sync.
* Improve cleanup options presentation and logging.
* Fix rare WinSock Not Initialized error.
* Fix some rare crashes.
* Fix On Change Files not working for portable paths.
* Allow to remove default global filters.
* Disable cleanup of _saved_ files for file systems without file create time.
* Copy ACL: fix getting backup privileges, to avoid error 1307.
* Fix Post-Sync email is being sent empty.
* Fix crash when automaton starts Sync with Browse dialog still open.
* Fix Exclude Empty/Hidden/System was not saved in View -> Filters.
* TIX parser used on import: ignore unrecognized name-value pairs.
* Fix strings that are too long in Pro activation in some European languages.
* Analyze: do not go more than 30 levels deep, to prevent cycling on broken trees.
* Read State File: allow file paths longer than 300 characters.
* FTP: allow reading listing lines longer than 256 characters.
* Add option Number of Days to Keep Previous (_saved_) file versions, 30 days by default.
* Add option Number of Days to Keep Past (_history_) file versions, 30 days by default.
* Cleanup of old recycled files, old logs now happens after Sync, not after Analyze.
* Upgrade to newer version of WTL, to improve GUI appearance and performance.
* Fix two rare crashes.
* Fast Pre-Analyze: fix error in stamp.gsl upload semantics.
* Auto-start of job with delay now has precedence over other auto ways of starting a job.
* PreAnalyze script: If it returns 1 then do not perform Analyze, if 0 then perform Analyze.
* Global options: add mandatory items to Exclude filter.
* FTP: fix working with some broken servers that cannot single-list a file.
* Sync algorithm: add normalization of disjoint generation sequences.
* Left-Right time shifts: let the newer files always win in CopyTime.
* Fix bug in getting temporary files folder.
* Fast Pre-Analyze: fix errors in timestamp file local caching.
* Delete Previous Versions renamed to Delete History (Recycle Bin), it now cleans up _history_ too.
* WebDAV: fix redirects when destination URL has extra info after '?'.
* GSYNC: add options to read/write job list and program options in TIC and TIX formats.
* Cleanup: fix cleanup of old temp files and old logs.
* Make GoodSync work with SkyDrive folders mounted on your computer.
* Add command 'Job -> Disable AutoRun', it disable starting jobs automatically.
* Add global log options: folder to write logs to, number of days to retain logs.
* DAV, S3: do not use temp files when uploading, as these protocols provide atomicity of upload.
* Sync Algorithm: improve merge of generations, to allow propagation of changes in resolved conflicts.
* Left-Right Time Shifts: fix selecting the preferred direction.
* Fix Fast-PreAnalyze issues: GoodSync could ignore changes on server on rare occasion.
* Gsync: make /autoresolve command line option work.
* DAV NTLM auth: fix parsing of Type2 message, generation of Type3 message.
* Browse: fix inability to type beyond UserID/Password visible box size.
* DAV: fix problems related to redirect of non-latin folder names.
* User activation data was lost from license if CU registry is not writable, fixed.
* SFTP: add workaround for server who return incorrect object type for files.
* WinCE: fix suspected crashes, probably caused by inserting another device.
* GUI: in-place job rename in Job List was removing Scheduled status, fixed.
* GUI: Auto Hide Mini Mode window was not working, fixed.
* Fast Pre-Analyze: fix saving of stamp file in case of sync errors and conflicts.
* Sync Algorithm: Fix processing of resolvable file-folder conflict.
* S3: fix changing buckets in host-based addressing.
* S3: fix creation of missing folder markers for mixed-case buckets.
* Add On File Change option to Auto: start Analyze/Sync when any file in sync folder changes.
* Auto On Start: fix slow start with zero delay.
* Network: Implement NTLM authentication for proxy.
* If two portable volumes have the same name, issue error on Analyze.
* SFTP: skip devices and other UNIX objects that are not files, folders or links.
* SFTP: speed up on download/upload of short files.
* FTP: add fast reconnect on inability connect data socket.
* DAV: issue warning about file with no getcontentlength attribute, not just ignore them.
* Network: Fix proxy processing issues.
* Remove 200 limit on number of locked folders in Sync.
* Implement per-job option 'Delay in Sec' for AutoStart on GoodSync Start, on Timer.
* SFTP: add processing of symbolic links: Copy Link As Is, Drill Down Link, Ignore.
* FTP: fix issues between MLSD and LIST folder listing, when they flip.
* FTP: MSLD: recognize symbolic link as valid folder, drill down to it.
* S3: fix problems in folder marker checking.
* Final fixes in filters, use formal formula computation system with ternary logic.
* Inet: Always use CONNECT proxy, so that we can fall back to direct if proxy does not respond.
* Reject time shifts of 24 hours or more, as they cannot be real time shifts.
* Produce Analyze time error for files named _gsdata_.
* GUI: if user clicks Close in Mini-mode window, process it the same as for Main window.
* GUI: do not allow combination of options that hides all GoodSync windows.
* GoodSync Explorer: implement MoveFolder that renames folders in place.
* Client-Server: release Alpha version of GoodSync Server and Client.
* Save internal state files when we finish syncing in folder, not at the end of the job.
* Locking sync folders for remote file systems, so that two jobs do not sync the same folder simultaneously.
* Show free space quota on RoboForm Online DAV server.
Version 7.0.1 (Major New Release)
Version 6.3.5 -- Last Stable Release in Ver 6
* Add Job Tags: GoodSync places a unique file into _gsdata_ folder
on both sides of the job when first Sync is run.
Later, if job tags are present, it verifies that
they are the same as it was originally recorded in the Job.
Automated Sync will not run if tags in the job and folders do not match.
This prevents syncing with the wrong folder that was mounted
in place of the right folder, which may happen with portable drives.
* Lock Files: place lock file (*.gsl) into _gsdata_ folder
on both sides of the job when Sync is running.
Do not allow other jobs to Analyze or Sync folders
that contain *.gsl lock files.
This preserves file and sync integrity.
* Speed up analysis and reduce memory requirements.
Million File Sync Challenge.
With recent optimizations GoodSync
can synchronize two folder trees
with 1 million files in each folder
and use only 1 Gb of main memory for analysis.
Can your synchronizer do that?
GoodSync V6 is a complete rewrite of GoodSync.
* Speed up and improve filters.
* Log Viewer: show log files both from _gsdata_ folder and mirror folders.
* Mini Window: improve GUI, make unchecking 'Auto-hide Mini Window' work.
* Allow specifying email sender name in 'FirstName LastName
* Command line: /profile can specify TIX or TIX file, not just folder.
* Command line: do exact matches, so that /exit123 does not match as /exit.
* Command line: add /exit-ifok global option: exit if last job finished with no errors.
* gsync: add option /ll=9 not to write any logs.
* Allow two jobs to run in parallel if they share only read-only folders.
* Fix 'mirror folder not defined' on Reset State and Open Logs.
* Fix not using proxy authentication in RoboForm integration.
* Fix 'not an absolute path' error when creating new folder.
* Fix include filter such as *.rf* not working under some circumstances.
* Fix include filter including folders even if if these folders do not match.
* Filters: add new clauses and operators: (1) AND operator in the filter line (semicolon), (2) match files by attributes isfile, isfolder, issymlink, ishidden, issystem, isarchive, isreadonly, isencrypted, iscompressed, isoffline, (3) match files by presence on one or both sides: existboth and existone, (4) ANY side and ALL sides operators for size and time matching. Details are in the manual.
* Copy creation time of files and folders in Windows and WinCE file systems.
* FTP: fix bug in detecting LIST one file capabilities.
* FTP: fix bug in MLST output processing.
* Email: allow specifying more than one recipient, separated by ;
* Email: fix Date of outgoing email format.
* Add %WOM% variable to path, stands for Week Of Month, from 1 to 4.
* Options tab: make link to the manual show section of the manual for this tab.
* GUI: separate Copy Files view from Delete Items view, they were combined before.
* GUI: show progress on Copy Time and Copy State operations, was only for Copy File.
* Time Shift: fix processing when both job sides have time shifts.
* Symbolic Links: separate processing options for Folder Links and File Links.
* FTP: fix error processing in MLST/MLSD commands.
* WinCE FS: improve internal handle management.
* GSYNC: fix job-tmp command processing.
* Add options of copying Windows link objects: ignore, copy as is, drill down.
Both junctions and symbolic links are copied or drilled down.
* FTP: Fix parsing of MLST/MLSD listing.
* FTP: Detect ability to list one file with/without spaces in its name.
* FTP: Detect broken MLST command on servers and fall back to LIST.
* DAV: Implement Fast reconnect in Digest Auth.
* FTP: implement folder and item listing using MLST and MLSD commands.
* FTP: fix listing item if its parent is not list-able.
* FTP: force UTF-8 name encoding on servers that report supporting it.
* FTP: try listing of file after upload more than once, as it may not appear instantly.
* DAV, S3, GSTP: fix fast reconnect on upload of files.
* DAV, S3, GSTP: implement fast reconnect on download of files.
* FTP: fix setting current folder on Connect to server, fix other bugs.
* FTP: better testing of server properties used in single item listing.
* FTP: implement fast reconnect when data connection is dropped.
* GUI: make Rename in Job List work well.
* GUI: display changed paths in Job List, when change comes form outside.
* TIX: allow saving of Program Options to registry and loading from registry.
* On Logoff: allow user to set place in On Logoff queue via registry key LogoffPriority.
* When analyzing for case-sensitivity Conflicts, do not skip excluded items.
* Fix batch activations.
* Create _gsdata_ earlier in Sync, so that sync start errors can be logged there.
* Change auto threshold computation, it improve sync of RF Online with new computer.
* FTP: fix listing of single file on Pure-FTPD server.
* FTP: fix errors related to listing items in root sync folder.
* SFTP: do not use default PuTTY session if no session is specified.
* Sync On Logoff: make GS to be the last program to run, so that other programs release their files.
* Fix Sync On Logoff that became broken in ver 8.1.6.
* Fix job status after editing sync folder path and clicking Enter.
* Fix Save Past Versions option for files without extensions.
* New Export/Import TIX format: fix writing/reading strings.
* If we cannot open jobs list from file jobs.tic then rename it and notify user.
* Fix syncing to sync folders with non-latin characters in URL.
* FTP: major speed up post-upload file verification.
* FTP: optimize tracking of the current folder.
* TIX: fix problems in reading/writing from registry, add to the manual.
* Release Good Explorer -- universal file manager and download/upload client, based on GoodSync file system adapter technology.
* Fix uninstaller crash.
* Fix Auto option starting problems that appeared in ver 8.1.6.
* Major speedup in drawing User Interface for large number of jobs.
* Do not create _gsdata_ folder when doing Analyze, create it when starting Sync.
* If GoodSync cannot create _gsdata_ on server to which it will not write, allow such Syncs.
* Show top folder _gsdata_ as excluded folder (it was not shown at all before).
* Do not lock folders which have only No Copy operations, when starting Sync.
* Fix crash on entering non-latin characters into Activation dialog.
* DAV: major speed up and optimization of all GoodSync transactions.
* DAV: improve authentication management, use state machine.
* FTP: fix tracking of current folder.
* Fix Balloon message not shown on terminal Analyze errors.
* Fix On Folder Connect may cause Sync if analysis tree is displayed already.
* Implement /ll and /lf command line options in gsync.
* Add a way to distribute jobs to user machine via registry, for mass job distribution.
* Add new TIX format for job representation which is human readable (text config file).
* Change Export Jobs command to export/import jobs in human readable TIX format.
* Add saving of multiple previous versions of the file to _gsdata_\_history_ folder.
* Remove Quick Backup Mode, as new Fast Pre Analyze option completely covers it.
* Delete stamp.gsl file when user deletes file using GoodSync and in Reset State.
* Speed up initial connection to FTP and SFTP by not performing tests.
* Make 'errors: ' prefix in Scripts work for email too.
* FTP: improve fast reconnect.
* Use server time-stamping technique to prevent server side Analyze scan when nothing has changed on server. Turn it on in Options -> Advanced -> Fast Pre-Analyze. Used in RoboForm Online syncing.
* Add Windows Offline Files (Net Share files cached by CSC) detection and warning. Offline Files must be turned Off, because they cause problems in syncing due to lack of consistency.
* Skip Offline files when analyzing (unmounted tapes, offline per Hierarchical Storage Management).
* If GoodSync cannot connect via proxy (say, due to bad authentication), try to connect directly.
* WinCE: speed up and optimize two jobs working with the same WinCE device.
* LocalNet: Do not purge cached credentials of the server we are connecting to, on Analyze.
* FTP: fix processing of some error replies that could causes cycling in rare cases.
* FTP: better test MFMT command, as some hosts do not support it while claiming otherwise.
* WMI: more timely release of WMI handles when closing GoodSync.
* Do not allow Auto-Resolve Conflicts to work in 1-way jobs, as they have no conflicts.
* Make sync time error items resyncable.
* Allow %DOW% variable in sync folder path, it resolves into Day Of Week, form 1 to 7.
* Add 'errors: ' prefix to Scripts, which means: run Script only when errors occurred.
* Add script variables %LF_ACT% and %RF_ACT% that return actual resolved paths.
* FTP: use MFMT command to set file modification time, if available.
* FTP: fast reconnect now catches more disconnects.
* Fix more license activation and affiliate id issues.
* FTP: fix processing of multi-line replies.
* FTP: fix passive mode downloads from servers behind firewalls.
* DAV: fix processing of headers with multiple spaces after colon.
* Days Used were not counted properly in GoodSync2Go, fixed.
* Days Used now can show values of more than 59.
* Activation from Batch Order Code was not working, fixed.
* Install language could get stuck and not be changed, fixed.
* Add MSI installer for GoodSync Enterprise.
* Improve algorithm for updating Free Disk Space, it click on every 1%.
* Improve crash detection system, collect mode crash data.
* Fix crash when user changes path manually and clicks old tree.
* Windows Mobile: fix issues related to Browse dialog, etc.
* SFTP: fix setting modification time on upload.
* Auto Scheduled option: improve usability.
* Massive increase in SFTP file transfer speed (5 to 10 times).
* Speed up syncing of large number of small files: fix slowdown caused by Log Window.
* Fix rare crash on deletion of file tree when folder disconnect is detected.
* Fix rare crash on reading of long lines in localization RFS files.
* Replace %GSDISK% with disk from which GS is run in program name in Scripts.
* Create Ticket now submits the ZIP file with logs to GSSS all by itself.
* Fully separate GoodSync Fixed and GoodSync2Go installers.
* Fix reading of license for user who has no access to All Users GS profile folder.
* Introduce two Task Scheduler modes : Logged In (Attended) and Logged Out (Unattended).
* Fix not changing task command line when changing Scheduler options on Vista and Windows 7.
* Allow GSYNC.EXE which is now used in Scheduled Logged Off Mode to be used by GS Pro users.
* Scripts: if no arguments is specified after the Program to run, do not send any arguments.
* Fix reconnect issues in network file systems that could result in cycling of reconnects.
* DAV: better process more errors related to dropped connections: perform fast reconnect.
* Copy Locked Files was not working when backing up to net file system: fixed.
* DAV: fix problems in decoding of non-latin file and folder names.
* Fix crash when Pre-Analyze script is started.
* Fix integration of 32-bit RoboForm on 64-bit Windows with 64-bit GoodSync.
* Fix scripts sending of e-mail attachments with non-latin characters.
* Show more detailed change counts in Status Bar after Analyze.
* Add ".DS_Store" to list of default exclusions.
* Revive Quick Backup mode.
* Copy folder modification time.
* Fix setting modification time after upload to remote file system.
* Use UTC time in FTP MDTM set and get.
* Make Move Files option delete only synced source files.
* Add script variables LF and RF for left and right folders.
* Delete mirror state produced by QuickBackup + ReadOnly modes, once it is turned off.
* Increase socket timeout to 90 sec.
* Fix installer problems on Windows 7.
* Mac OS X Beta version of GoodSync.
* Add Delete Source Files After Sync (Move Files) job option.
* Do not consider drives A: and B: to be portable when searching for portable volume.
* Allow to Pause during Reconnect.
* Fix File Compare for remote file systems.
* Remove Quick Backup Mode, as it was confusing and can lead to sync problems.
* Allow job whose names contain dot to be Scheduled.
* Mac OS X Alpha version of GoodSync.
* Merge 32-bit and 64-bit installers.
* Separate Enterprise installer from standard installer. Only Enterprise installer has command line tools.
* Change internal paths (inside sync folder) to have '/' as a separator.
* Copy file from Windows network folder to/from local folder directly, without intermediate temp files.
* Call share disconnect before connecting in Analyze, helps when using different credentials.
* Port GoodSync to UNIX (Linux, freebsd, MacOS), command line only.
* DAV: fixed downloading file sent using chunked encoding.
* DAV: fix authorizing using NTLM on IIS 7.
* FTP: quick reconnect when server drops control socket after long transfer down data socket.
* Remove WinInet implementations of FTP and S3, only WinInet DAV remains.
* Introduce TIX: text config format for jobs and options, to be used in command line gsync.
* Browse: show errors on folder that cannot open due to file system errors.
* Exclude deleted items within excluded empty folders.
* Show human readable sizes in tree columns in folder sizes.
* In Analyze Summary show left-to-right and right-to-left breakdown of changes.
* Improve 1st time user Job Create dialog.
* DAV, S3: Replace MS XML parser with Expat, to make it portable to UNIX.
* DAV: make NTLM auth work with IIS 5.
* DAV: show authentication type used.
* DAV: improve fast reconnect.
* Auto reconnect on state file save, if disconnection occurred.
* Rotate global logs even if GoodSync keeps running at the start of new day.
* Log user actions in separate per-job logs.
* Fix setting permissions of _gsdata_ folder that GoodSync creates.
* Warn about auto-proxy errors and try direct connection, not just bail out.
* Fix handling of lock files on Sync start.
* Fix conflicts caused by file being modified between Analyze and Sync.
* Call Post-Analyze Program / Email only if Analyze finished with No Changes.
* Allow to specify arguments in Programs called in Pre/Post-Analyze/Sync.
* Windows Mobile: fix Error 80 when moving to existing file.
* More fixes to auto-proxy (proxy.pac) processing.
* Fix FTP file system issues.
* Add more options to command line, to reflect latest changes.
* Allow to click Stop while waiting for Reconnect.
* Fix auto-proxy issues (proxy computed by proxy.pac file).
* Go back to apartment threading model (changed to free threading in 7.9.7).
* Fix slowdown in post-processing when files in excluded folders are deleted.
* Proceed with Analyze of net shares that do not return proper full name.
* Add Auto-Proxy (proxy.pac) option to Program Options -> Connections.
* Set sockets to timeout after 60 seconds of not receiving any data.
* Correct Date format in SMTP emails.
* FTP: fix time conversion, folder state may have to be redone as a result.
* FTP: Strip leading spaces from file names, to correct non-standard LIST output.
* DAV: implement Digest authentication.
* DAV: fix Browse changing path in case of server redirect.
* S3: fix not setting Content-Type when uploading non-local file.
* Set thread priorities: normal for user jobs, below normal for auto jobs.
* Fix crash in file upload in WinInet-based file systems.
* Fix installation problems caused by two GoodSync installers running.
* Fix automatic Reconnect problems for net file systems.
* Add WinInet-based checkbox to Browse for FTP, DAV, S3, to enable old WinInet-based implementation.
* Fix Exclude Empty Folders processing.
* Process 100 Continue server reply in WebDAV.
* Speed up net protocols by not doing select().
* Make SMTP email sender work if SMTP UserID/password are not specified.
* Send Post-Analyze/Sync emails using our own SMTP client, see Tools -> Program Options -> Connection.
* Send Post-Analyze/Sync emails not only in Auto mode, but also when use clicks Analyze/Sync buttons.
* Add automatic import of proxies from WinInet, see Tools -> Program Options -> Connection.
* DAV: implement NTLM authentication.
* Do not require Enterprise license for Copy ACL, Run Programs in Scripts.
* Do not require Server license for Windows Home Server.
* Fix uninstall script errors.
* Fix install/uninstall issues for GoodSync2Go.
* Import GoodSync proxy settings from IE (WinInet) proxy settings automatically.
* Impose 30-sec timeout on waiting for socket to reply, do not wait indefinitely.
* FTPS: in passive mode connect to server address for data connection, not to internal address PASV returns.
* Move log cleanup to the end of Analyze, so that folder listing errors can come out.
* Fix bugs in new implementations of FTP, DAV and S3.
* FTP: Fix problems in the new FTP implementation introduced in ver 7.9.0.
* FTP: Use socket keep-alive to keep control connection alive while long transfers happens on data connection.
* FTP: if UserID and Password are empty, use 'anonymous' and 'email@example.com'.
* S3: Introduce Host-Based Bucket Addressing option. Default is Off, which means URL-based addressing.
* New socket-based implementations for DAV, S3 and FTP file systems, no WinInet required.
* DAV, S3 and FTP: allow upload/download of files larger than 2Gb.
* DAV: Fix handling of redirects.
* Amazon S3: switch to host-based addressing of buckets, so now Euro S3 works.
* Amazon S3: automatically set Content-Type of files when uploading.
* Amazon S3: lower-case bucket names when GS creates them as top folders.
* FTP: ping control connection once a minute when long download/upload runs.
* FTP: implement FTPS (FTP over SSL), both Explicit and Implicit mode.
* FTP: fix name encoding of non-latin file names in MDTM SET.
* Secure and Allow Bad Certificates options now appear in DAV, S3 and FTP file system.
* Allow to specify Proxy for DAV, S3 and HTTP connections, including authenticated proxies.
* Add Separate installer for GoodSync2Go.
* Dynamic View buttons: show only buttons that have non-zero counts on them.
* Add Portable Paths : =VolumeName:\folder1\folder2 in the path means:
find removable drive that has specified volume name.
* Remove Job Tags option, as Portable Paths do the same better.
* Add Clear command that clears the changes tree.
* Add Auto Clear option that automatically clears the tree after Sync or Analyze with no changes.
* Add RoboForm2Go - GoodSync2Go integration, requires RF ver 6-9-96.
* Workaround for DAV Error 409 that was caused by some buggy DAV servers.
* Change Buy Pro dialogs to accommodate GoodSync2Go and GoodSync Enterprise.
* Add smtp_send.vbs script that sends email via SMTP, to be used in Post Program.
* Fix bug in activation for Limited users.
* Add GoodSync2Go - Portable version of GoodSync that works off portable drives (USB disk, hard drives).
* Auto-convert drive letter in path to %GSDISK% in GoodSync2Go, so that path works on all computers.
* Add GoodSync2Go (Portable) license that works off the portable drive, is not attached to computer.
* Add Server Enterprise license, to be used on Windows Server.
* Improve detection of disconnects in Windows networked file system, do reconnect if it happens.
* GoodSync can now continue Sync after Stop, so rename Cancel command to Stop.
* Allow unknown Certificate Authorities if Allow Bad Certificates option is On in DAV.
* Change locking of the Local Disk and Local Network (Windows) file system to the remote locking.
* Use lock files to hold the folder while syncing it. If other sync sees the lock file, it bails out.
* User can override locks if she is sure other job has ended abnormally, without removing the lock files.
* Better yellow info tips in case of errors and advice to user.
* Browse of Windows shares now shows complete hierarchy, all groups and classes of net shares.
* Split options into 5 tabs, to give them more space.
* Make job current when auto-syncing it using Analyze All or Sync All, or Analyze from RoboForm.
* Improve clarity of display of folders and deleted items in the tree.
* Systematize keyboard shortcuts, ALT+T is now Stop, ALT+C is Clone.
* Fix display of Left, Equal, Right items in status bar.
* Fix message redirect problem that producing NULL messages on rare occasion.
* Add Copy ACL Security Attributes option to Job options.
* Add Job -> List Of Changes that show list of changes after Analyze.
* Add Quick Backup Mode for 1-way forced jobs: it does not Analyze destination side.
* Fix merging of folder object histories.
* Save embedded state files when leaving their folder, not at the end of sync.
* Add Help area for mouse over help in the Browse dialog.
* Speed up filter processing.
* Fix calling sequence of user-defined File Compare program.
* Add default File Compare utility (UNIX diff), called from right-click -> Compare Left and Right, after Analyze.
* Diff of two folders performs byte-by-byte verification of folders, to make sure they are the same.
* Add NTFS compression option to Windows File System.
* Implement policies in the Enterprise version.
* Do not exclude hidden and system files in Backup jobs.
* Add Job option: Number of Reconnect Attempts, now it can be more than one.
* Add DAV option to Send Cookies to Server, as some DAV servers require cookies.
* Make 1-way job to never show warnings about conflicts, as these conflicts are removed.
* Add Auto options to Run Program or Send E-mail Before Analyze, After Analyze, After Sync.
* Add option to start EXE/BAT program after Sync.
* Add option to limit job speed (copy bandwidth).
* Make Drag And Drop work again in Job List when Job Name is not sorted.
* Add option to ignore non-matching or expired SSL certificate in DAV.
* Do not call RoboForm Cache refresh at Sync end unless RF Data folder has changed.
* Fix DAV error processing.
* Add global setting for proxy UserID and Password, used by FTP, DAV, S3.
* Add GoodSync Enterprise license and features.
* Fix parsing modification time returned by IIS 7 DAV server.
* Fix error processing in folder listing.
* Add option to switch between UTF-8 and ANSI file name encoding for FTP and SFTP.
* Make 3 window modes represented in View menu: Full Mode, Mini Mode, Tray Icon.
* Add Left and Right Path to Job List view.
* Job List view can be sorted by any column now, by clicking on the column header.
* Tray icon now shows list of currently running and recently finished jobs.
* Fix conflicts caused by sync of the file that changed between Analyze and Sync.
* Amazon S3: add access control policy specifier: private (default), public-read, public-read-write, authenticated-read.
* Add Encrypt/Decrypt using EFS options to Windows file system.
* Make non-English file names upload correctly in FTP and SFTP, use UTF-8 to encode them.
* SFTP file system can now read settings from a PuTTY session profile, so that SFTP proxies can be used.
* Add 0.1 sec delay between FTP upload and listing uploaded file, to get around FileZilla server bug.
* Fix crash detector: ignore certain Windows crashes on HTTP connect.
* Add Auto job option Start Analyze/Sync by RoboForm, set by RoboForm.
Allows for finer control of RF Online integration, such as doing Analyze only.
* Fix not starting auto jobs that appeared in ver 7.6.8.
* Do not automatically reconnect if this is not reconnectable error, such as Disk Full.
* Add job-tmp command to gsync.
* Fix RoboForm Online integration, release RoboForm Online Beta.
* Fix automatic Reconnect.
* Fix command line utility.
* Fix sending Sync Email when Outlook is default MAPI client.
* When GoodSync is started by installer in elevated mode on Vista, it restarts itself in user mode.
* Make logs more clear and concise, shorter too.
* Introduce GSYNC -- a pure command line version of GoodSync.
* Introduce GSCP program for scripting File System operations.
* Show Sync error messages in balloons, not just Analyze Errors.
* Improve crash processing in Vista.
* RoboForm Online improvements.
* Fix Log Viewer issues.
* Fix not saving state file when job is canceled.
* Fix thread parallelism to prevent some crashes.
* Fix progress going negative if it exceeds 100%.
* When job is syncing, do not allow intersecting jobs to start Analyze.
* Fixes for RoboForm Online.
* Fix Log Viewer issues.
* Implement Log Viewer for left/right sync folder logs.
* Hide mini-mode window when there is no active jobs.
* Fix saving state and logs for read-only 1-way jobs with folder paths longer than 256 char-s.
* Return 0 return code from command line version, so that Scheduler is happy.
* Fix getting FTP file mod time with MDTM command for non-standard file names.
* One-Way Read-Only jobs: remove folder length limitation of 256 char-s.
* Amazon S3: show detailed server message.
* Amazon S3: process & and % char-s in folder names correctly.
* Algorithm: do not turn symmetric CopyState into file copy on user command.
* Fix rare crash caused by WMI disconnect sequence.
* Allow HTTPS (SSL) prefix to be used with Amazon S3.
* Improve performance of DAV file system: send less to server.
* Fix auto jobs scheduling and exiting.
* Fix Not detecting connection of Windows Mobile 6.1 devices connected via ActiveSync 4.5.
* Change into notification the dialog that offers to Hide into SysTray.
* Fix crash when users tries to exit GoodSync with modal dialog present.
* Fix DAV listing URL decoding issues.
* Make special characters % & # work in file names in DAV.
* Add -synced suffix to log file names that contain file changes done by Sync.
* Clean up logs that do not contain Sync actions in one week.
* Fix GoodSync not copying hidden and read-only file and folder attributes.
* Fix DAV error processing.
* Fix rare crashes in Browse dialog.
* Improve RoboForm-GoodSync integration for RoboForm Online.
* Send E-Mail reports of the completed automated Sync, if requested by option.
* Switch from keeping monthly logs to keeping one log per Analyze + Sync.
* Show Sync error messages on a separate line with ERROR: tag.
* Fix parsing of file/folder list returned by DAV when it contains explicit port number.
* Fix DAV initial connect sequence and error processing.
* Recognize folders without folder markers in Amazon S3.
* Fix Amazon S3 reconnect sequence and error processing.
* Fix old-new rounded time shift processing, applies only to FTP.
* Fix selection of the correct job when called from RoboForm.
* Do no read embedded states on read-only sides of the job.
* When doing Reset State, delete embedded state files too.
* Add command line options /userid1 /userid2 /password1 /password2.
* Localize more strings that appear in the log file.
* AutoUpdate for 64-bit version downloads 64-but installer, not 32-bit.
* Fix reading of jobs.tic when upgrading from ver 6.1.0 and older.
* Fix activation error messages in non-English languages.
* Fix crash caused by dependent job interaction.
* More detailed logging to the global GoodSync log.
* Add command line options for new General and Auto options.
* Fix crash when turning sync direction that causes delete of excluded folders.
* Fix Browse dialog not working for Windows Mobile devices.
* Do not automatically turn %NN sequences into character in Browse dialog.
* Fix Connected to Disconnected transition processing in On Folder Connect.
* Fix: if two jobs are started at the same time by Scheduler, only one of them runs.
* Fixed crashes caused by dependent job removing file tree of this job.
* Fix problems in closing folder logs.
* Add Swedish user interface localization.
* Revive Case-Sensitive File/Folder Names option. It is On by default now,
but you can turn it off if you want case-insensitive name matching.
* Fix New Version notifications, they were broken since ver 7.5.0.
* Fix deleting excluded files and folders when folders above them is deleted.
* Resolve 'different file yet same generations' conflict as a weak conflict.
* Fix copying locked files in 64-bit Windows using Shadow Copy Service.
* Show progress of assembling ZIP file for Ticket and Crash reporting.
* If options.tic becomes corrupted, rename it so that GoodSync can start.
* Fix Browse dialog navigation when UserID and/or Password are entered into URL.
* Do not show many similar errors / warnings in Analyze, show only the first 3.
* Add Copy/Paste between Include/Exclude filter lines.
* Clone Job adds the job after the current job, not at the end.
* Fix Processor usage jumps every 10 sec in WMI when On Folder Connect is On.
* Fix Pure Virtual Error that was happening when auto job finished in logged off state.
* Clean up old job log files, leave only FolderActions log for last two months.
* Speed up Sync of large number of small items by not showing every synced item in Log Window. The sync log itself still shows all synced items.
* Enable Reconnect job option by default.
* Fix bug in time translation for remote file systems, it could result in uploaded files syncing back to source.
* In left-right time shift resolution give preference to NTFS file system over FAT.
* Add buffer size option. Using longer buffers may speed up SFTP.
* Fix resolution of %VARIABLE% in DAV URLs.
* Show terminal errors in Analyze and Sync as red text.
* Speed up Post Processing.
* Fix remote file system reconnection problems.
* Store SFTP host keys in GoodSync registry, allow host keys to change.
* Fix generation comparison algorithm.
* Add 64-bit GoodSync version for 64-bit Windows.
* Add Reconnect option to job. It automatically reconnects jobs folders upon disconnect.
* Make all jobs case-sensitive, automatically resolve easy file name case conflicts.
* Rewrite Include/Exclude Filters, make it easier to use.
* Automatically resolve weak conflicts caused by non-matching non-intersecting generations.
* Display and propagate folder creation date, not folder modification date.
* Add version to the state file, so that old ver GoodSync can detect new state file that it cannot parse.
* Improve SFTP cleanup on loss of connection.
* Implement Embedded State: When we encounter _gsdata_ inside left/right job folders, read state from it and let it override the root state. When we save state, also save modified state both to internal states (for their subset of the tree) and to the external root state.
* Command line options /miniwin and /forceminiwin and /forcetray added.
* Fix incorrect status message after Analyze with changes.
* Fix not showing free space estimate after Analyze.
* Make Connecting... progress message show before Connect starts.
* Add file system for Amazon S3 online storage, it uses prefix http://s3.amazonaws.com.
* Speed up GUI and decrease its memory requirement: do not use heavy frameworks.
* Add Mini Mode -- a small windows that shows status of all running jobs.
* Implement case sensitive file and folder name lookup. You really need it for non-Windows network file systems such as FTP, SFTP, DAV. On Windows file system it allow to propagate file renames that change only case. All new jobs are case sensitive, existing job remain case insensitive.
* Perform file deletes before file copy operations, to decrease free disk space requirement.
* Change file generation storage to allow for easier recovery from lost state.
* Old-New time shifts are now recognized as No-Change, so they do not initiate any copy operations.
* Reduce memory requirements to about 400 bytes per file or folder.
* Fix time comparison in filters.
* Add range operations to filters: time[t1,t2] means t1 <= time < t2, size[s1,s2] means s1 <= size < s2.
* Single click in Job List pane makes the job current, not double click as before.
* Fix Job List selection using Shift + Up/Down or PgUp/Down.
* Now transfer of individual large file can be Paused.
* Change default 1-way job type from Verified to Forced.
* Make GoodSync Windows Mobile file system work with ActiveSync 3.7 and 3.8, it required ver 4 or newer.
* Fix entering FTP password on Japanese computers.
* Fix after-sync integration with RoboForm where GoodSync asks RF to refresh data.
* Update tree on manual file/folder delete.
* Show Job state and progress in LastRunTime column of Job List pane.
* Show GS version and status of last busy job in tray Tooltip.
* Exclude items based on old state only if it is Filled in the old state.
* Delete File Tree upon folder disconnect if On Folder Connect option is On.
* Add size/time-based exclude/include filters: size<N size>N size=N size!=N size>=N size<=N where N is a number, possibly with K (Kilo) or M (Mega) suffix; time<N time>N time=N time!=N time>=N time<=N where N is date in YYYY/MM/DD format or +Nd (N days ahead) or -Nd (N days ago).
* Add option to exclude subfolders: <subfolder> in exclude filter lines.
* Special variables %DD% %MM% %YYYY% in folder paths are replaced with today's day, month, year.
* Do not diagnose change of source sync file between Analyze and Sync as error, just use the new state.
* Do not delete Sync tree when On Folder Connect checks the connection.
* Read-only source side now does not check for job tags.
* More fixes for Copy Locked Files on Vista and XP.
* Make Copy Locked Files work on Vista.
* Make WebDAV servers mounted as network shares sync correctly.
* Fix column width problem in Job List pane.
* Fix unnecessary showing of help tooltips.
* Fix uncaught C++ exceptions.
* Set 'Accessible to Everyone' permission on _gsdata_ folder.
* Improve Sync error processing.
* Add job option to Copy Locked Files using Volume Shadow Service.
* Add Export and Import of Job List to *.gsl files.
* Add Cut and Paste to Job List pane, to easily move jobs.
* Allow drag-and-drop reordering of jobs in Job List pane.
* Assign F10 key to Analyze and Sync All, F9 key to Analyze and Sync This Job.
* Fix closing sequence of GoodSync, it could cause GoodSync.exe to remain when all windows are closed.
* Fix On Folder Connect auto-sync.
* Add Analyze And Sync command, it analyzes and then syncs one job.
* If ReadOnlySource option is specified then maintain state for the read-only folder separately from the folder, in GoodSync's AppData. This allows us to propagate deletions originated at read-only folders.
* Maintain one log per sync folder, this logs shows complete history of all changes done by GoodSync's various jobs to this folder. Log files are now named FolderLog-YYYY-MM.log.
* Split Open Log command into Open Left Log and Open Right Log.
* When creating a ZIP file for ticket, include all folder logs.
* Make 1-way jobs turn CopyTime and CopyState actions in the preferred direction too.
* More fixes to SFTP disconnect and error handling.
* Fix display of job state icons.
* Add Auto option On Folder Connect that replaces options On Insert, On Network Connect, On Phone Connect. This option would start Analyze (Sync) when both folders appear.
* Track the item being Synced in the file tree, can be turned off.
* Add Auto Status column to Job List pane.
* Detect vertical conflicts between folder deletion and file copy.
* Fix SFTP protocol processing of server disconnects.
* Fix WebDAV protocol interaction with IIS 7 server.
* Add auto-start of Analyze and Sync on Network Connect.
* Replace modal error messages with red non-modal messages in the status area.
* Show dynamic Free Disk space during Sync.
* Show and log elapsed time of Analyze and Sync.
* Fix non-saving of global program options in some cases.
* Allow DAV server redirects.
* Improve time shift detection and time mapping for FTP servers.
* Add option to use (or not) MDTM command to get exact file modification time from FTP server.
* Add workarounds for bugs of MS IIS FTP server.
* Make Include of folder by exact path not include unrelated folders.
* Add context menu command to include selected folders and files only.
* Fix Browse of paths with %VARIABLE%.
* Add syncing with Windows Mobile phones and Pocket PC devices.
* Add Pause/Resume button when Analyze or Sync are running.
* Add Copy Time LtoR and RtoL operations that copy file modification time but not the file itself.
* Time shifts are now correctly processed in FTP and WebDAV (time translation FS).
* Use MDTM FTP command to get and set exact file modification time.
* Allow changing of CopyState action direction by user.
* Add View Same Length Different Time, on which Copy Time operation can be used.
* Implement Multi-Select for file tree items.
* Update the manual to include Windows Mobile, better command and action list.
* Declare resolvable file/folder conflicts when one of the items is deleted.
* Improve processing of terminal errors on Analyze and Sync.
* Add more command line options.
* Expand the manual to include Local and Remote File Systems.
* Diagnose creating two files that have the same 8.3 name in FAT.
* Make DAV sync work with MS IIS server and (Windows Server, SharePoint).
* Make DAV work with iDisk.com server by Apple.
* Make Job Tags work when %VAR% is present in paths.
* Parse user name and password entered in URL and move them to secret fields.
* Fix include/exclude filters for top level items.
* Add My Documents to My Computer tab of Browse dialog.
* New Job wizard that requests Sync / Backup job type.
* Estimate free space needed on both sides to complete Sync.
* Allow storing of password for private key of SFTP in Browse dialog.
* Add Active FTP Mode, to be used if default Passive mode does not work.
* Add detection of file links on FTP servers.
* Show hidden folder in Browse dialog.
* Speed up FTP and other Remote FS by doing less verification.
* Add option Check Analyze-Sync File Stability that controls verifications.
* Show estimation of space required to complete Sync.
* New Browse dialog to set sync folders for all file systems.
* Auto hide View buttons when they do not fit.
* Show hidden files in FTP file system.
* Fix SSH Authentication exchange in SFTP.
* New Browse dialog that shows folder tree for all file systems (Windows, FTP, WebDAV).
* Improve ReadOnlySource option, require it for read-only folders.
* Make context menu Delete work for all file systems.
* Add command Delete Backup Copies.
* Download remote file when doing File Compare.
* Put View -> All button next to other main view buttons.
* Make View -> All also show Excluded items.
* Add View -> Included to show only included items.
* Add Exclude System Files and Exclude Hidden Files to Options -> Filters.
* Add commands to Clone and Swap jobs.
* Fix time shift processing, it could result in not detecting differences.
* Do NOT scan excluded folders anymore, propagation of deletion of excluded files in deleted folders still works.
* Improve integrity of saving state file.
* Do not show Excluded items in Errors view.
* Log conflicts and analyze errors in the Job log.
* Issue a conflict if older file will overwrite newer file.
* Do not designate Analyze-time error as conflict.
* Make Set Username/Password work for Local file system.
* Add syncing with FTP and WebDAV servers.
* Add syncing with servers over Secure FTP (SFTP).
* Selection of file system is done by Browse/Edit button to the left of folder path.
* Network Shares and FTP/WebDAV userids and passwords are stored in garbled form.
* Make 2-way sync work in FTP/WebDAV in spite of its inability to copy file modification date.
* Remove 256 character limitation for file path, now the limit is 32K characters.
* Add Job List pane (View -> Job List) from which several jobs can be started.
Just select several jobs, right click and choose Analyze or Sync.
* Reduce per-folder memory requirements, so now 1M folders can be synced.
* Improve handling of time shifts caused by daylight savings time.
* Change GUI updates to be every second and not every N files.
* When file tree is more than 500 items, expand first 500 items.
* Add command line options /save-disposed-files and /temp-dest-file.
* Add option to 1-way jobs: "Read-Only Source Side". If on, do not write any files to Source Side of the job.
* Add languages: Bulgarian, Greek, Icelandic.
* Improve Activation Via Browser dialog.
* Add ALT+C and ESC shortcuts for Cancel Analyze/Sync command.
* Write global log to "Application Data\GoodSync" folder, not to temp folder.
* Move Errors view button to the front, move All view button into Other.
* Better and faster version checking.
* Allow specifying proxies when doing activation at install time.
* Make GoodSync work with Web Drive and Net Drive remote file systems.
* Improve _gsdata_ folder creation sequence.
* Implement transactional saving of the state file.
* New main icon.
* Add more command line options, rename some options.
* Remove excessive log levels, now it is only 4 levels.
* New manual that describes all Job and Program Options, command line.
* Add option to job options: Scan Excluded Folders.
* Do not memorize minimized and invisible status when GoodSync is closed.
* Add detailed help tooltips and Job and Program Options.
* Add option: Create left/right Sync folders if they are not found.
* Keep all excluded files in the folder tree where they can be viewed using View -> Excluded.
* Rename and fix option Exclude Empty Folders.
* Change trial rules to: trial status remains for 10 days of use or 30 days after install, whichever lasts longer.
* Automatically delete abandoned Sync lock files.
* Add option to turn off Job Tags.
* Add Views for Left to Right only, Right to Left only and Deleted Only.
* Add View for Excluded files and folders.
* Sync on Logoff checks and resets AutoEndTasks windows option.
* User can switch Jobs while Job -> Options dialog is shown. Options dialog switches to the current Job.
* Expand environment variables %VARIABLE% in folder paths. Example: %USERPROFILE% is resolved to user profile path.
* Show Job progress for jobs run on Logoff.
* Make command-line "sync" command perform Analyze and Sync.
* File Copy can be interrupted, no waiting till it ends.
* Show Time Remaining and Transfer Speed.
* Add Windows menu that lists all Job windows.
* Implement Job Templates which may be used to set default Job options when adding a New Job.
* Add option that controls display of balloon messages.
* Add 'Analyze And Sync All' command.
* Add option to Resolve Conflicts Automatically.
* Add option not to sync Empty Folders.
* Add option not to copy to temp file first, it saves disk space on small drives.
* Speed up syncing by sending fewer update messages to GUI.
* Perform jobs auto-started from one drive by On Insert option sequentially.
* Implement RoboForm - GoodSync integration:
* (i) Command Sync RoboForm Data that calls GoodSync to sync RF data with backup/portable folder.
* (ii) When GoodSync finishes syncing, it calls RoboForm to re-read new passcards.
* (iii) If GoodSync is not installed, Sync RoboForm Data offers to install GoodSync.
* Add option to close all running jobs when GoodSync is being closed.
* Improve wording, reduce options in Pro Activation Dialog.
* Installer now requests UI language and applies it to GoodSync UI.
* Fix direction determination for new (stateless) files.
* Save jobs.tic in open text format (not garbled as before).
* Save previous job settings in jobs.tic.bak.
* Replace Delete to Recycle Bin option with Backup to _gsdata_\_saved_ folder.
* Detect changes made after Analyze and offer to Re-Analyze.
* Make Sync invalidate results of Analyze for dependent jobs.
* Fix conflicts caused by different exclusions for the same folder.
* Add help balloons for new users.
* AutoComplete for file paths.
* Warn user about conflicting jobs, the ones that have intersecting folders.
* Add global exclusions for RoboForm files license.rfo, mru.rfo, cache.rfo.
* Add AutoUpdate that notifies about new GoodSync versions.
* Job Log now contains Job options and reason for starting.
* Improve time shift processing, show time shifted files in View.
* Store file _file_state._gs in new folder _gsdata_ create in sync folder.
* Write log of analysis and sync operations to _gsdata_ folder.
* New Activation Wizard: add offline activations.
* Add activation from batch of orders.
* Added activation on install from command line arguments.
* Login request for password-protected network shares.
* Command-line options for one-way sync and propagate deletions.
* Add interface to Task Scheduler in Job -> Options -> Auto.
* Improve progress messages and status updating.
* Add One Way Sync option.
* Add option to turn off Propagation of Deletions.
* Add new Version Check.
* Added German and Italian UI localizations.
It greatly improves convenience and speed of the program.
* User Interface is much faster as it not based on HTML.
* Tree of files is shown as a scrollable Tree, not as unscrollable List.
* Name of each file is shown only once, not twice.
* File Tree can be viewed in one of 4 projections: Changes Only, Conflicts Only, All Files, Files with Errors.
* Progress bar is shown for all operations.
* State file is compressed, so reading and writing it is much faster.
* Command-line interface is available.
* Show Summary of Folder: count of files copied L->R and R->L.
* Jobs can be reordered by Drag and Drop.
* Synchronize on Logoff option.
* Save internal state files when we finish syncing in folder, not at the end of the job.
* Locking sync folders for remote file systems, so that two jobs do not sync the same folder simultaneously.
* Show free space quota on RoboForm Online DAV server.
Version 7.0.1 (Major New Release)
Version 6.3.5 -- Last Stable Release in Ver 6
* Add Job Tags: GoodSync places a unique file into _gsdata_ folder on both sides of the job when first Sync is run. Later, if job tags are present, it verifies that they are the same as it was originally recorded in the Job. Automated Sync will not run if tags in the job and folders do not match. This prevents syncing with the wrong folder that was mounted in place of the right folder, which may happen with portable drives.
* Lock Files: place lock file (*.gsl) into _gsdata_ folder on both sides of the job when Sync is running. Do not allow other jobs to Analyze or Sync folders that contain *.gsl lock files. This preserves file and sync integrity.
* Speed up analysis and reduce memory requirements.
Million File Sync Challenge. With recent optimizations GoodSync can synchronize two folder trees with 1 million files in each folder and use only 1 Gb of main memory for analysis. Can your synchronizer do that?
GoodSync V6 is a complete rewrite of GoodSync.